forum

Play with less cramps and aches ( Tips from a therapist )

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
hellcruser
HI guys , electronic sports , that's what we call games today . I discovered this cute anime game based on music called Osu! ( ty peppy you're owsome ) and I want to help out :) .
So , let's get in , I'm a tunisian physiotherapist ( Natural therapy that treat patients with physical difficulties resulting from illness, injury, disability or ageing based on movements ) and I noticed that on a certain level of this game ( insanes and mostly on the streams ) you have cramps that hurt so badly and I have some tips to prevent from it : you can do some stretching exercices that I recommand .
First it will be the fingers muscles ( mostly the lumbricals and the flexor digitorum ) the muscles used for the flexion and extension of the fingers . the exercice is simple but effecient : you have to join your fingers of both the hands of way that two fingers from the same hand doesnt touch each other ( like a cris crossed fingers ) then push in the front of you .

After that let's stretch the hands , the way to do it is just to push your hand with the other hand in the two ways ( flexion and extension ) . I added an img link to make the exercices clearer ( I studied that in french so it wasnt easy to traslate but I hope it's clear enough ) . These auto-stretching exercices last from 5 to 10 minutes and don't try to force yourself cause this is meant just to evoid cramps not to play basketball :P .

I hope i have been helpfull to some of you and I'll try to give more informations if I found out something else important about stuff like that .
Shohei Ohtani
Would have been sort of easier to move the OT thread to GD but ok

um cool.
ivan
x
Topic Starter
hellcruser

- Ivan wrote:

Nope. Don't listen to him . Just tank the pain until ur fingers break lmao yolo
XD such a tryhard :P
piruchan
This is quite similar to what I used to do in basketball. I'll try this.
Kouya-
I don't really get cramps and aches from playing, but I'll consider doing this .
Raging Bull
or drink more water.
nooph

- Ivan wrote:

no pain, no gain.
DeletedUser_4041880
ONLY THE WEAK FEEL PAINNNNNNNNNN

//no but seriously, this is pretty damn helpful for when I'm playing piano too
Xyrax Alaria

- Ivan wrote:

This is what I was planning on doing.
Piine

Xyrax Alaria wrote:

- Ivan wrote:

This is what I was planning on doing.
Then have fun when you get a hard cramps and a sore bones.
Topic Starter
hellcruser

Raging Bull wrote:

or drink more water.
Yayy that's also an option but you know that works more on sports :) thank you guys for your support tho
Therealsage
I hope that this will help on my stiff fingers :/

Aurani
After trying it out a few times, this thing is actually pretty darn useful. +1 for being helpful, Hell. :)
Xyrax Alaria

Sulker wrote:

Then have fun when you get a hard cramps and a sore bones.
IT ADDS ENJOYMENT TO THE GAME! WHEN I FEEL THE BURN I KNOW I'M DOING WELL!

//sarcasm
Topic Starter
hellcruser

Aurani wrote:

After trying it out a few times, this thing is actually pretty darn useful. +1 for being helpful, Hell. :)
Thank you for your interest .. I'll be posting helpfull stuff like that as I get the ideas based on my knowledge :) :)
Granger
How helpfull is this really?

I never tried this yet but i rarely have my arm ache and if it does im just taking a break for a while or playing a different mode where i use my other hand/arm till it doesnt hurt anymore.