forum

Stylus & Pinkie.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HunterSThompson
I know everyone says, "Learn your own play-style, etc. etc." however even though I'm new, I'm really hoping someone else uses said play-style, and has found a work-around for this.

When I play with a stylus, I tend to hold it straight up and down. Don't ask me why, it's like when I play hockey, I hold the stick left handed, despite being right handed. So, I've noticed that after a song or two, my pinky really starts to hurt. This is due to me curling it up into my palm, because I really have no where else to put it. If I put it onto the tablet, it starts to make my cursor move slower. If I hold it out, above the tablet, it starts to get tired, instead of hurting. If I curl it, it begins to hurt, and I often have to try and remedy the situation in-between pauses.

If anyone has this issue, please tell me a way to fix it, because it's bothersome as all hell.
Ichi
I sort of have the same issue here but with a different finger, and its because of the weird grip. First (which is what im going to do) check your positioning of your hands, and the desktop you have, that may cause the weird grip. Second, do not hold the pen too tightly, even though you have a weird grip, if your not tightening it your finger it wont hurt.

And i say sort of because it used to be almost unbearable at times, now my grip is looser and it´s really much better, though i havent changed my desktop yet
iderekmc
i suggest u try grip it like a pen or pencil
djjsixpack
I used to get this when using a mouse, and it eventually got so bad that it would hurt daily, even when I wasn't playing. I had to adapt to a slightly different way of playing where I don't tense my pinky. I'm gonna go ahead and guess that you'll have to change your grip as well, or find somewhere to place your pinky where it isn't so tense. This game isn't worth developing long-term health issues over.
Greust
I have this EXACT same problem! I rest on my pinky when I use my tablet and I have excruciating pain when I curl it backwards slightly, or if I move it around after playing. Please let me know if you find a solution for your pinky pain. :(
Ichi
only solution is stop doing it and change grip
Topic Starter
HunterSThompson

Venoko wrote:

I have this EXACT same problem! I rest on my pinky when I use my tablet and I have excruciating pain when I curl it backwards slightly, or if I move it around after playing. Please let me know if you find a solution for your pinky pain. :(
I just changed my grip to the way I would if I hold a pencil or pen. If you're resting your pinky, and not curling it, or holding it in some strained or tense fashion, then you've probably got some sort of problem with your pinky itself. If you eat a lot of red meats, or drink a lot of pop, it could be gout, but as I'm not a doctor, I can't say.

Even though you may lose some mobility whilst playing, and find it hard to plat the maps you would have if you were holding it the way you currently hold it, try just resting your pinky on the pad itself, like you would a pencil/pen, and it should fix the problem. If you've been doing it for a while (A month or two) you may have just messed up your pinky, and may want to give it a rest for a month. Of course, as I said, I'm not a doctor, nor do I know exactly what you're doing to cause the problem, but that seems to be what I'm getting from what you've said.
Shinjite
Exactly the reason why I had mine cut off.
Last resort alternative though.