forum

Simple Skin (Work In Progress) [Standard] Updated 4/28/2014

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_4041880
I decided to create a skin since I can't really find any I liked. This is a pretty long way from being finished but it wouldn't hurt to see what people think of it so far. Since this is my first one, any helpful advice is appreciated.

New download link [updated 4/28/2014]: http://www.mediafire.com/download/06aa6 ... e_Skin.zip

Changes
4/28/2014:
I don't remember what I changed LOL
-Added combo burst picture
-Changed text (ex. pause screen, rankings, back button
-Changed score number looks
-Finally thought of a name for the skin
-Cleaned up stuff I didn't skin yet
-Added custom sounds

Thanks to Rolling Boy for letting me use his score numbers from this skin t/108866 !
Granger
I dont really like your sliders, with the circles being so small that they have a outline which is the slider border -uh cant explain better- but its a interresting design choice so it might work well depending on the other elements you make.

Whats the general style you're aiming for?
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_4041880
That's kinda how I wanted the sliders to look like. It makes it look less cluttered imo. Plus I usually use sliders that are similar in looks but only a bit bigger. It feels like I can stay in the center of sliders a lot better with this compared to something like the default Osu one.

EDIT:I thought you were talking about something else otl. The way the slider border surrounds the hit circles wasn't exactly intentional but I'm probably keeping it since it looks kinda nice

As for style, I'm not really sure. Maybe something slightly futuristic/simple looking
Rio-
what about Starry Sky or something related to stars?

*as for the skin, It looks pretty amazing and looks comfortable to play... keep it up bro (any chance You'll modified the missing parts too?)
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_4041880
Ehh maybe but atm, I'm not sure. I don't want to to be a flashy skin that's unplayable. Plus I think there's a skin like that already lol

And this is still in progress. I'll work on it some more tomorrow and upload the updated version
piruchan
As of now, I like how your skin look and how it plays.
There's only one problem tough (probably just me having sight/psychological issues), I think the hitcircles is a little bit small. (I've checked the folder, there's nothing wrong with hitcircle).
Anyway, don't let this discourage you, the skin in it's current condition is great and I can feel that it's going to be a beautiful and usable skin.

Keep up the good work! :)
Eizan Arizawa
eto..... why this skin like default skin???
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_4041880

piruchan wrote:

As of now, I like how your skin look and how it plays.
There's only one problem tough (probably just me having sight/psychological issues), I think the hitcircles is a little bit small. (I've checked the folder, there's nothing wrong with hitcircle).
Anyway, don't let this discourage you, the skin in it's current condition is great and I can feel that it's going to be a beautiful and usable skin.

Keep up the good work! :)
It probably looks so small since the hitcircle overlay almost covers the entire hitcircle so the color's barely visible and might blend in with the background a bit (if you use 100% dim). That's my guess on it :v

Eizan Arizawa wrote:

eto..... why this skin like default skin???
It's still not finished lol
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_4041880
Not sure if double posting is allowed or not. If it isn't, I'll edit my last post.

>Updated the skin. Click the box below or the one in the first post for changes<

Changes
4/27/2014:
-Changed cursor look
-Added temporary mod icons
-Added combo burst picture
-Changed text (ex. pause screen, rankings, back button
-Changed score number looks
-Finally thought of a name for the skin
-Cleaned up stuff I didn't skin yet
-Added custom sounds

In case you didn't look at the box, the mod icons aren't permanent. I'll try to update them tomorrow after school.
Magnolia
nice update :D