forum

How long did it take you to pass Insane songs?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Genjitsu
From the first day I played osu! ? 4-5 months (or 6k plays)
Raz
Was able to pass insanes after about 3 weeks of pretty hardcore playing (4+ hrs daily because I was super addicted) which was probably around 1.3k-1.5k plays... They were lighter insanes though (http://osu.ppy.sh/s/68893 & http://osu.ppy.sh/s/83494) and i had played the maps like 5-10 times a day until i could pass them. I wasn't able to consistently pass 80% of insanes until like 6k-7k plays (about 2.5-3 months of playing)
Ethelon
~1k plays.
Took me less plays because I was doing at least 5 hour sessions (10 hours a few times).
Addiction is real.
nrl

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

been spamming nofail on insanes desperately trying to pass since playcount 1 actually

almost there
This is a quick way to get absolutely nowhere.
theLiminator
After about 1.4k plays I could pass some really easy Insane songs. My top PP scores are from those few.
10crystalmask01
Still can't pass Insane diffs (specifically ones with Ar 9) :? My user page will tell you how long I've been playing, haha...
theLiminator
After around 1.5k plays I could pass ~2.5 star insanes. Still really bad at this game.
Iceskulls
After 1.5k play I started to pass some easy insane maps
Kritzkingvoid
took 10 tries with no mods

I beat my first insane map after playing 5000 beatmaps
AnegelSeeker
when i was at about 2k i decided to up the dificulty quite a bit, more or less froce it, so i downloaded the first thing i found to be hard and that happende to be NIRGILIS - SNOW KISS ... took about 200 replays (its still in my top played) but in the end i mangaed to complete it one morning. because of the high learning curve at the time and hours of closely studying of my teqnique i beacame more calm on the keybord and tablet (huion h610). im at 4.5k plays now and although insane songs arent exactly easy they beacame doable. curently im trying much faster songs (like Bermuda Loverz - My Girl (Nightcore Mix) - insane) and once in a while i find myself going much faster then i thought i could

i definaly DO NOT recommand this way of practice to everyone, slow and patient is one of the best way to learn, but i do want to stress that you should up the dificulty slightly once you are comfortable with your current standing (dont go crazy with the dificulty and being comfortable does not entale getting only S or SS ot a sertain BPM, it can be as close as geting As and holding up a long combo)

one more thing, do not play the game compatively. your rank should be an indication if your current skill level not an idntication of how many hours you strained your hand, enjoy the game and go at your own pace. Every one has potantial so keep playing and watch yourself grow, its alot more rewarding and enjoyable at the end of the day day

Have Fun :lol:
Nublin
I have a few 2.5 ish insanes passed, first insane pass probably around 1.2k? ish?
Passing insanes doesn't help your PP very much though :(
Soarezi

rdv21 wrote:

when i was at about 2k i decided to up the dificulty quite a bit, more or less froce it, so i downloaded the first thing i found to be hard and that happende to be NIRGILIS - SNOW KISS ... took about 200 replays (its still in my top played) but in the end i mangaed to complete it one morning. because of the high learning curve at the time and hours of closely studying of my teqnique i beacame more calm on the keybord and tablet (huion h610). im at 4.5k plays now and although insane songs arent exactly easy they beacame doable. curently im trying much faster songs (like Bermuda Loverz - My Girl (Nightcore Mix) - insane) and once in a while i find myself going much faster then i thought i could

i definaly DO NOT recommand this way of practice to everyone, slow and patient is one of the best way to learn, but i do want to stress that you should up the dificulty slightly once you are comfortable with your current standing (dont go crazy with the dificulty and being comfortable does not entale getting only S or SS ot a sertain BPM, it can be as close as geting As and holding up a long combo)

one more thing, do not play the game compatively. your rank should be an indication if your current skill level not an idntication of how many hours you strained your hand, enjoy the game and go at your own pace. Every one has potantial so keep playing and watch yourself grow, its alot more rewarding and enjoyable at the end of the day day

Have Fun :lol:
rip english
I passed scatman on my first day of osu >w <
meteor22
First day i passed a hard song, the 3rd day I cleared an insane map
NinjaNick
I cleared insane maps around 1,000 plays, I guess that's kinda good but everyone is different. It might take me 1,000 but it took you 10,000, it doesn't mean one of us is better than the other.
WhiteRose
It took about... hmm... 1-2 months. I don't even remember how many plays I had.
djjsixpack
Don't remember how many plays I had but I started to pass insanes after a month maybe, and fc easier ones in 3-4 months I think.
DeletedUser_4041880
I can pass/FC some easy insanes and a few moderately fast ones right now. I'm at around 1.5k plays and I've been playing for roughly two months.

//using a tablet makes it easier too ahaa
mcdoomfrag
Why are people still responding to OP's 2 year old question?
DeletedUser_4041880

mcdoomfrag wrote:

Why are people still responding to OP's 2 year old question?
Because some of us likes to compare our answers to other people and see how much faster we improved.
ShiraiiiKuroko
A month and a half
I think it's less, but I don't remember.
I know this sounds cliché, but I improved drastically after getting my tablet.
Rio-
Kinda remembered the time when I passed No, Thank You in Insane after ~1,5k play roughly 1 month
WAVEDASH
Definitely not 10k plays~
Kouya-
When I first started playing 3 months back, I only played Easy and sometimes Normal .

A month and a half after, I got my first S on a Hard Song .

Now, I mostly play Hard and Light/Moderate Insane Maps .

Reply got deleted and had to re-type it again, got lazy so summed it up ._.
Kumiho
1 week once i got my new mouse
KinkiN
I think i can pass "easy" Insanes on my lvl 70ish
vsprite
Passed my first insane around 3k plays, currently i can finish most insanes on at least A (The really hard ones i get B).

5.9k plays in just under 4 months, and the best i probably got is this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u80YhKG7aBA
beatmap - http://osu.ppy.sh/b/216133
Got a 313 combo on it with 95.87% accuracy and 3.4M score. This was also my first time playing it.

6k plays and i got a 637 combo, 95% accuracy with 9.2m score http://osu.ppy.sh/b/368933?m=0
SushiBottle
I started passing insanes at around 2.5-3k plays. Maybe less. I always played maps that were out of my skill level though, so maybe I just took a shortcut per se to get to the harder maps.

Recently I started getting perfect combos on insanes and I got my first 2 S ranks on insanes within the last week with around 5k plays ^_^

However, i'm not too sure about the accuracy of how many plays I actually have, since most of them are just me failing near the beginning many, many times (if you look at my historical) or failing an fc and restarting immediately. So in reality the plays may be less... oh and I'm currently siutting at around 5.8k~ plays.
AnegelSeeker

SushiBottle wrote:

However, i'm not too sure about the accuracy of how many plays I actually have, since most of them are just me failing near the beginning many, many times (if you look at my historical) or failing an fc and restarting immediately. So in reality the plays may be less... oh and I'm currently siutting at around 5.8k~ plays.
You're right plays aren't a very good indication, in all honesty I don't think rank is a good indication either. It all depends on how long ago you started playing and how often you play, as well as what you are using (Mouse or tablet). Mouse has a slight disadvantage cause it takes longer to learn how to aim well... I started out with a mouse because I leaned of osu back when I was using a Mac so due to software limitations I couldn't use my tablet (h610) cause of the large work area, so I know that it is a bit more difficult, on the contrary I have a fiend who got into osu at the same time as me but he stuck to using a mouse and he is slightly bellow my skill level. What I'm pushing at is "how long and how often you play?" Is a much better indication of where you should be at... But at the end of the day this question becomes a "who has a bigger dong " contest :D Everybody should just go at their pace instead of comparing themselves to others (then again who doesn't like a thrill of a good contest)
LexiaLovesU
from when i started hmmm about 1 year and 8 months to properly do insane with mouse and when i switched to Touchscreen i can FC S pro Insanes and regular normal Insane with DT i also got really really good with jumps xD owo
Insyni
About 11k plays to barely pass an easy insane. I'm still struggling to pass most insanes at almost 15k plays.

Based upon my current progress I should be able to pass insanes at a more consistent rate when I reach 30k play-count.
B1rd
Still can't say that I can't finish all insanes (there's is even a "hard" that I can't complete...), even though I probably have near 10k plays. I'm not worried though, I'm determined to get good no matter how long it takes~
AnegelSeeker
i just completed the Hard on "Hommarju feat. Latte - masterpiece" and id say its about the "easy insane" difficulty, and i can blast through about 1/2 of the Insane difficulty... I'm at 5.2k plays and 6 months in osu (take away about 3 months due to slow activity) ... you can try the hard difficulty and it will give you a rough indication of where I'm personally at after 3 months of OSU!, playing every day for at least an hour a day.

Here is the link: http://osu.ppy.sh/b/47970
kymotsujason

AnegelSeeker wrote:

i just completed the Hard on "Hommarju feat. Latte - masterpiece" and id say its about the "easy insane" difficulty, and i can blast through about 1/2 of the Insane difficulty... I'm at 5.2k plays and 6 months in osu (take away about 3 months due to slow activity) ... you can try the hard difficulty and it will give you a rough indication of where I'm personally at after 3 months of OSU!, playing every day for at least an hour a day.

Here is the link: http://osu.ppy.sh/b/47970
That song is evil =P
I say that because I hate jumps.
I've been playing Osu! on and off for about year (with a mouse), before I decided to get a tablet and see what I can do. That kind of makes it difficult to judge when I passed my first Insane song, but I would guess it took under 3k plays (after I switched to a tablet). At this point, I have over 12k plays and can pass most Insane songs easily as long as they don't have too much jumps. I hate jumps with a passion. Its just pure torture for me =P
SushiBottle

AnegelSeeker wrote:

Everybody should just go at their pace instead of comparing themselves to others (then again who doesn't like a thrill of a good contest)

This is so true. Don't try to do the same thing as other people, or attempt to climb as fast as some other people if you really can't do it or if you're just pushing yourself way past your limits.

For me, I climbed relatively quickly only because I played everyday and challenged myself to fc something, or at least get a high combo, or even perhaps beat an x rated map or a very difficult insane rated map. At the end of the day its really just how people wanna approach the game and how they think they'll improve the fastest and there's not really just 1 or 2 ways set in stone for someone to improve. Just keep playing.
RedRain
kneepel
i could do easy insanes at 3 plays

fc'd scarlet rose DT FL HD at 15.
AnegelSeeker
One thing I keep forgetting to mention and ask about is AR... I can FC about 90% of AR 8 songs on my playlist and I can play most AR 9 songs unless they have long streams, my stamina is low due to medical issues so I can't keep a long stream going although I can press fast enough so I prefer jump hell to streams, so my question is, after playing osu for a wile what AR can you reliably complete (full or high combo) and because of the split into jump hell and streams at AR 9, which do you prefer jump hell or streams ?
Justin Cretible
After one month (around 2.5k plays) I was able to pass Refrain of the Lovely Great War on Lunatic, back when I still used a wireless mouse and membrane keyboard. Since I got a tablet I've been improving a lot faster.
PureHater
I started Insanes after ~1700 playcount, ive been playing a month, but ive been playing a lot of hours during that time because if too much free time,
and if i really want to pass insane, i just sit for 3 hours on the same map by failing at 5% then at 10% then 20.. blah blah blah
basically what ive noticed is you just need to play the map over and over until your eyes get used to the speed and thats it >: :D
tecu
How does the definition of "insane" relate to Star Difficulty?
show more