forum

The Road to Cookiezi-Tier

posted
Total Posts
show more
winber1
you should only one goal when you start osu! If you have any other goal, you are doing it wrong.

That one goal is to quit and stop playing this game
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Shirokami- wrote:

What are your short term goals? (within 1-2 months)
A month seems to be a lot of time ^-^
I hope that by the end of the month I get used to AR 9

By 2 months, I want to be able to be consistent with streams.
Kukuthemoogle
This is a fresh post compared to the usual, I like it!
I wish you luck on your journey to becoming Cookiezi-Tier :D
I hope to see a lot of other players recording their progress here.
piruchan
I've been here since December and can only pass "easy" Insanes with C or B. Have to practice more.
[ Stellar ]
It's good to see there are still people playing at their own pace and not taking any shortcuts to be good.
Keep up the good work!
Rewben2

TheVileOne wrote:

1 Year later FC Big Black

^ You'll have to tackle this song at some point. How long do you think it will take?

Also noone becomes cookiezi tier without S ranking this map
pfft, chipscape is easy compared to four dimensions/taisou fc
GoldenWolf

Rewben2 wrote:

er, no, it's only less hard
takaharrue
lol @ anyone who says you will never be able to compete with Cookiezi.
just a sad excuse to give up, ofc anyone can reach cookiezi level within 4 years ez. just don't take any breaks longer than a week, play every day. consistent practice is probably the most important factor.
TheVileOne
I don't think you really need to FC Freedom Dive to be cookiezi tier. I mean rrty hasn't even FCed Freedom Dive. Getting over 2000 combo in Freedom Dive should be good enough to be considered in that top echelon of players IMO. You're probably never going to do something that rrty can't/ hasn't done yet.
Rewben2

TheVileOne wrote:

I don't think you really need to FC Freedom Dive to be cookiezi tier. I mean rrty hasn't even FCed Freedom Dive. Getting over 2000 combo in Freedom Dive should be good enough to be considered in that top echelon of players IMO. You're probably never going to do something that rrty can't/ hasn't done yet.
I don't think many people consider rrtyui to be cookiezi tier either though, he's still "top" but cookiezi was on another level

GoldenWolf wrote:

Rewben2 wrote:

er, no, it's only less hard
not as hard, easier, w/e
Soarezi
Cookiezi didnt have any skins for a year or more. He also played with default settings, limited fps and aero on for a very long time.

Oh and i have played for over a year and only just recently i have started to master AR9
chanhien
You can't get to cookiezi-tier if he's secretly training
Rinku
My road to cookiezi ~

10/11/13 Started Osu!
(ppv1) 1st Month - Twidled thumbs
(ppv1) 2nd Month - 14k
(ppv1) 3rd Month - 11k
(ppv1) 4th month - 10k
2/14/2014 PPV2 was introduced
4th month=12k
5th month - 4k
6th month - 3k
7th month - 2k
Karuta-_old_1

chanhien wrote:

You can't get to cookiezi-tier if he's secretly training
That's because people keep speccing him all the time. Until he's banned forever
Liiraye
The thing is, if you want to get pro at this game you have to be able to spend your entire life on practicing until that point. It can take years even. I just decided that I didn't have time for it and stopped to do something less stressful - mapping.

If you have the time then GL! Will be fun to see the progress~
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
People please, you're all just a bit too humble with yourselves don't you think?
Taking years to reach Cookiezi level? I doubt that. The only things holding me back is my desire to FC difficult songs ASAP when I should be coming back to them later.

I want to show others just how capable the human mind and body is if they believe in themselves enough.
Rewben2

Woobowiz wrote:

People please, you're all just a bit too humble with yourselves don't you think?
Taking years to reach Cookiezi level? I doubt that.
It's extremely realistic. He played for longer than 5 years himself and he's unrivalled....
Liiraye
When you start reaching the lower thousands and maybe even hundreds you'll understand. There are phenomenal players each with remarks that make them stand out among the pro players, but none of them had a shot at the #1 once cookiezi was active. He had pretty much all the skills combined except for spinning.

It's kinda disrespectful to say that anyone can surpass cookiezi quick. There are hundreds/thousands of players with an incredible amount of plays who still struggle.

Sure, you'll get pro if you spend a lot of time and dedication here, but you're not alone on that.

Edit: You average 2k plays in a month or so. I have friends who often reach 9k plays a month for periods of several years who gave up around the lower hundred rank. You'll need more dedication than that bro.
LuckyStrike_old_1
OP, make a backup of your osu! folder sometimes, because when someday when you realize that it's fucking impossible to get at his level or even close to it, you'll ragequit and delete your osu! folder, and not longer than a week later it will be a really pain in the ass to restore all you songs and return your skin, if you modified it.

Also you have to play 10h+ per day everyday 7 days in a week 365 days in a year. Because there are a lot of other players, who play 5+ hours everyday the hardest map they can for becoming cookiezi, for example me. It means that everybody else is improving, and if you want to be the best, you have to have the fastest improving rate, so you have to play all the time that you have. Skip school, quit job, never go out. Just play and sleep, play and sleep. And then, PROBABLY, you will come CLOSE to him.

But you won't do that, you won't even do something close to that. So forget about it.
Vuelo Eluko

Woobowiz wrote:

What.
deletemyaccount
Don't listen to people who say it's impossible, they are just jealous of your determination to succeed.

You can do anything if you believe! ! !

i believe in you
Luna

Woobowiz wrote:

"Taking years to run as fast as Usain Bolt? I doubt that."

I'm not saying you won't get good in a short amount of time, but that statement sounds pretty damn ignorant.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Philantropist wrote:

Don't listen to people who say it's impossible, they are just jealous of your determination to succeed.

i believe in you
It should never be impossible in the first place. Cookiezi is as human as everyone else, it's like looking up a mountain. You see Cookiezi at the top and most people just say, "Yeah, there's no way I can climb to that level." What makes people think that? If he can do it, then couldn't I do it too?
Soarezi

Woobowiz wrote:

Philantropist wrote:

i believe in you
It should never be impossible in the first place. Cookiezi is as human as everyone else, it's like looking up a mountain. You see Cookiezi at the top and most people just say, "Yeah, there's no way I can climb to that level." What makes people think that? If he can do it, then couldn't I do it too?
It took him more than 4 years to climb a mountain, you're not going be a miracle child and climb the mountain less than a year.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Soarezi wrote:

It took him more than 4 years to climb a mountain, you're not going be a miracle child and climb the mountain less than a year.
Nobody knows that unless they try. And I'm gonna try >:(
hinamizawan

Woobowiz wrote:

Soarezi wrote:

If you try to modify your genes to korean ones, probably you can become a great player :P
TheVileOne
It's great to see confidence in a fledgling player. It will truly be a spectacle to see you take number 1 within a year. People will be calling you a hacker for sure.

But what people are saying is true. You will need to play a lot to get places. Hopefully you have a lot of time on your hands to travel this path. Maybe you'll need to make a leap over the chasm for that shortcut.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

makkura wrote:

If you try to modify your genes to korean ones, probably you can become a great player :P
I'm already South Korean o-o I was just born in the US and lived here all my life
Vuelo Eluko

Woobowiz wrote:

Soarezi wrote:

it's not going to happen.
Karuta-_old_1

Soarezi wrote:

Cookiezi didnt have any skins for a year or more. He also played with default settings, limited fps and aero on for a very long time.

Oh and i have played for over a year and only just recently i have started to master AR9
Cookiezi got this far by playing maps with default skins and also with very few rivals

Right now you have tons of customized skins, tons of beatmaps, tons of methods for training, tons of players to beat.

I'd say you have the upper hand in this aspect. The downside is that you won't be able to experience the changes in the beatmapping style from 2009 until now. Old beatmaps may not have a lot of pp, but they are good for something.

But cookiezi is a circle-clicking addict though, so there is gonna be a long way ahead.
Granger

LuckyStrike wrote:

Also you have to play 10h+ per day everyday 7 days in a week 365 days in a year. -snip- you have to play all the time that you have. Skip school, quit job, never go out. Just play and sleep, play and sleep. And then, PROBABLY, you will come CLOSE to him.
Thats a bad idea and you know it. You need breaks else you burn out like a torch and then its game over.
Also if you do that you'll find yourself without electricity and no future soon enough. Game over not only in Osu but about everywhere.

Woobowiz i see you have high aims and theres nothing wrong with that, but dont you think you're aiming a bit too high?
Choose smaller goals, its more satisfying and fun this way. Osu is a game, you should play games to have fun before anything else.

Take your time. You aint going to be good as Cookiezi in 1 year, nor in 2 years.
Id train slowly and perfect your skills required for lower diffs, if you rush you'll have problems later on because you built your house on mud.
LuckyStrike_old_1

Woobowiz wrote:

Philantropist wrote:

i believe in you
Yes, sure! You are right, both! People who say it's nearly impossible is like ranked <1000 who worked hard A LOT for getting even into top1000, and yet you are 10k+ and you say opposite. Sure, those fucking scrubs are fucking wrong, you know more about osu! and ofcourse you know the best ways of practice.

And listen, exactly I didn't say it's not possible, actually becoming cookiezi is my target, so i even spent a lot of time during breaks between playing osu! making a tool for practicing (it saves rhythm of the map and makes fucking lots of jumps for training aim and reading, also changes bpm, so i can play all the day random maps and never get bored from little amount of maps). I said that you have to play A LOT, not 2 hours a day, not 3, not 5, not 7, you have to play all day and night, you understand? Cookiezi was playing the game all day and night. He didn't even care about settings or skins, he just played the game. But as I can see, nobody of you ready to spend 10h+/day everyday to osu!. That's why I say it's impossible for you. If you can read, you should understand it.

It's good to have a good attitude, but the more you expect from yourself, the more you will be disappointed in the future. Just set achievable goals and get ahead.
Lach

Woobowiz wrote:

i am a multiaccount
let's make silly threads for attention
LuckyStrike_old_1

Granger wrote:

LuckyStrike wrote:

Also you have to play 10h+ per day everyday 7 days in a week 365 days in a year. -snip- you have to play all the time that you have. Skip school, quit job, never go out. Just play and sleep, play and sleep. And then, PROBABLY, you will come CLOSE to him.
Thats a bad idea and you know it. You need breaks else you burn out like a torch and then its game over.
Also if you do that you'll find yourself without electricity and no future soon enough. Game over not only in Osu but about everywhere.

Woobowiz i see you have high aims and theres nothing wrong with that, but dont you think you're aiming a bit too high?
Choose smaller goals, its more satisfying and fun this way. Osu is a game, you should play games to have fun before anything else.

Take your time. You aint going to be good as Cookiezi in 1 year, nor in 2 years.
Id train slowly and perfect your skills required for lower diffs, if you rush you'll have problems later on because you built your house on mud.
That's exactly what i'm talking about. You won't be good as Cookiezi if you won't try as hard/harder than him.

Also another thing. If you can't enjoy playing hard osu! maps for 10h+/per day, it makes you bored or smth like that - forget about it, too. Because it seemed like Cookiezi was playing so much because he really enjoyed the game.

And another one thing. About playing a lot. Cookiezi didn't actually need to play so much. There were not so much people, so he could improve fast enough even without nolifing. Nowadays there are a lot of people who actually improve fast, that's why nowadays you HAVE TO practice even more hard than cookiezi did. Sure you can come close to his level in 10 years, but compared to other people in 10 years, you will be still a noob. That's what i'm talking about
TheVileOne
Make sure you use the Cookiezi skin. It will help you become a pro. In fact everyone who wants to be cookiezi uses it.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Lach wrote:

Woobowiz wrote:

i am a multiaccount
let's make silly threads for attention
But....I'm not? :?:
Vuelo Eluko

LuckyStrike wrote:

That's exactly what i'm talking about. You won't be good as Cookiezi if you won't try as hard/harder than him.

Also another thing. If you can't enjoy playing hard osu! maps for 10h+/per day, it makes you bored or smth like that - forget about it, too. Because it seemed like Cookiezi was playing so much because he really enjoyed the game.

And another one thing. About playing a lot. Cookiezi didn't actually need to play so much. There were not so much people, so he could improve fast enough even without nolifing. Nowadays there are a lot of people who actually improve fast, that's why nowadays you HAVE TO practice even more hard than cookiezi did. Sure you can come close to his level in 10 years, but compared to other people in 10 years, you will be still a noob. That's what i'm talking about
I wouldn't be surprised if in 10 years the level Cookiezi was at the end of last year will still be unmatched simply because I doubt rrtyui will be playing for much longer [hes bored of no competition] and it's hard to get the level of aim those 2 have since only big circle maps get ranked nowadays and thats probably not going to change?

Buuut who knows a lot can happen in 10 years, many can rise and fall, and I like to think Osu will still be around because of the community nature of it, not just some disposable way for some company to jew people with cash shop based free gameplay until it's not profitable then pulling the plug. It's also kind of 'timeless'.
LuckyStrike_old_1

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if in 10 years the level Cookiezi was at the end of last year will still be unmatched simply because I doubt rrtyui will be playing for much longer [hes bored of no competition] and it's hard to get the level of aim those 2 have since only big circle maps get ranked nowadays and thats probably not going to change?

Buuut who knows a lot can happen in 10 years, many can rise and fall, and I like to think Osu will still be around because of the community nature of it, not just some disposable way for some company to jew people with cash shop based free gameplay until it's not profitable then pulling the plug. It's also kind of 'timeless'.
Wha... i don't even...

Are you high? Who doesn't allow you to change circle size? It doesn't take very long time to change them via editor (although i wrote a program for myself for instant changing it). Also circle size doesn't really matter. You probably don't even know what reading is (and don't say like you do. I'm sure you are from those people who think "OH GOD AR 10 DAMN SO FAST PEOPLE WHO CAN READ IT ARE GODS", although AR10 makes everything easier. For example i'm sure there would be much more FCs at dragonforce maps if they were AR9, and freedom dive if it was AR10, at least i could pass it on AR10, but i can't on AR9).

Also rrtyui started to play when circles were big and yet he has the best aim atm.
TheVileOne
Noone is stopping anyone from using smaller circles. Older maps weren't even difficult by today's standards. I don't know where this whole circle size issue became a problem. Today's maps are more difficult than older (ranked/approved) maps.
jasian
If you wanna be Cookiezi you're going to need to dedicate your life for the next few years to even get close to him. To build the muscle memory, reading, timing, stamina and speed to match Cookiezi isn't going to be easy.

Here's a rundown of how dominant he was before he was banned as shown by Osutp.net (November 2013):
(His scores on that page) (Cumulative total)
page 1 34 34/50
page 2 21 55/100
page 3 24 79/150
page 4 27 106/200
page 5 14 120/250
page 6 14 134/300
page 7 10 144/350
page 8 17 161/400
page 9 14 175/450
page 10 12 187/500

As you can see here Cookiezi owned more than two thirds (68%) of the top 50 scores ever in Osu! at that time. In the top 500 scores he owned 187 of 500, or 37.4%. When you're able to own two thirds of the best ever scores you know that you cannot be matched. Rrtyui is amazing, but not even on Cookiezi's level. This isn't fanboying, this is straight up facts.

I like your determination, but I think you underestimate just how hard Cookiezi dominated Osu!
show more