forum

How long did it take you to pass Insane songs?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Hyroo
At this playcount (5K) I can pass insanes sometimes on my first try, but to FC I need to play the map a little bit more
Blaziken
Stuck on hards for 2 years (Had mouse acceleration on)
Bought a tablet
Passing insanes with no effort half an hour later.
Illkryn
OP doesn't even play anymore
Pannari
I started passing my first insanes after 2 weeks of play.
Valdyr

Hyroo wrote:

At this playcount (5K)
4-5k playcount is when I started playing most insanes, and I starting FC-ing most of them after 9-10 times after about 1k or 1.5k afterwards
Nub1
1-5 just for passing the song, 5-... for making it full combo
Vasta
Passing since 2.4k plays
B1rd
Don't know how many plays but just yesterday I woke up and suddenly was able to pass insane ar9 songs :D . So a bit over 4 months.
Sochi_old
Since 2.5k plays.
Caam
Ever since i got a tablet.
Vuelo Eluko
been spamming nofail on insanes desperately trying to pass since playcount 1 actually

almost there
limee_old
Consistently passing insanes that are rate about 40 TP at around 5k/6k plays. Personally, I don't think playing songs that are ridiculously hard are efficient at improving. Playing difficult songs above your level is necessary, but if you fail in the first 20 beats of the song even after around 5 retries then it's probably too hard and you should find something a little easier.
Maxis
Just moved to insane songs at around 3k plays, pretty decent imo.
Admittedly the harder insanes I usually can't pass still 'cause I'm a noob.
Genjitsu
From the first day I played osu! ? 4-5 months (or 6k plays)
Raz
Was able to pass insanes after about 3 weeks of pretty hardcore playing (4+ hrs daily because I was super addicted) which was probably around 1.3k-1.5k plays... They were lighter insanes though (http://osu.ppy.sh/s/68893 & http://osu.ppy.sh/s/83494) and i had played the maps like 5-10 times a day until i could pass them. I wasn't able to consistently pass 80% of insanes until like 6k-7k plays (about 2.5-3 months of playing)
Ethelon
~1k plays.
Took me less plays because I was doing at least 5 hour sessions (10 hours a few times).
Addiction is real.
nrl

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

been spamming nofail on insanes desperately trying to pass since playcount 1 actually

almost there
This is a quick way to get absolutely nowhere.
theLiminator
After about 1.4k plays I could pass some really easy Insane songs. My top PP scores are from those few.
10crystalmask01
Still can't pass Insane diffs (specifically ones with Ar 9) :? My user page will tell you how long I've been playing, haha...
theLiminator
After around 1.5k plays I could pass ~2.5 star insanes. Still really bad at this game.
Iceskulls
After 1.5k play I started to pass some easy insane maps
Kritzkingvoid
took 10 tries with no mods

I beat my first insane map after playing 5000 beatmaps
AnegelSeeker
when i was at about 2k i decided to up the dificulty quite a bit, more or less froce it, so i downloaded the first thing i found to be hard and that happende to be NIRGILIS - SNOW KISS ... took about 200 replays (its still in my top played) but in the end i mangaed to complete it one morning. because of the high learning curve at the time and hours of closely studying of my teqnique i beacame more calm on the keybord and tablet (huion h610). im at 4.5k plays now and although insane songs arent exactly easy they beacame doable. curently im trying much faster songs (like Bermuda Loverz - My Girl (Nightcore Mix) - insane) and once in a while i find myself going much faster then i thought i could

i definaly DO NOT recommand this way of practice to everyone, slow and patient is one of the best way to learn, but i do want to stress that you should up the dificulty slightly once you are comfortable with your current standing (dont go crazy with the dificulty and being comfortable does not entale getting only S or SS ot a sertain BPM, it can be as close as geting As and holding up a long combo)

one more thing, do not play the game compatively. your rank should be an indication if your current skill level not an idntication of how many hours you strained your hand, enjoy the game and go at your own pace. Every one has potantial so keep playing and watch yourself grow, its alot more rewarding and enjoyable at the end of the day day

Have Fun :lol:
Nublin
I have a few 2.5 ish insanes passed, first insane pass probably around 1.2k? ish?
Passing insanes doesn't help your PP very much though :(
Soarezi

rdv21 wrote:

when i was at about 2k i decided to up the dificulty quite a bit, more or less froce it, so i downloaded the first thing i found to be hard and that happende to be NIRGILIS - SNOW KISS ... took about 200 replays (its still in my top played) but in the end i mangaed to complete it one morning. because of the high learning curve at the time and hours of closely studying of my teqnique i beacame more calm on the keybord and tablet (huion h610). im at 4.5k plays now and although insane songs arent exactly easy they beacame doable. curently im trying much faster songs (like Bermuda Loverz - My Girl (Nightcore Mix) - insane) and once in a while i find myself going much faster then i thought i could

i definaly DO NOT recommand this way of practice to everyone, slow and patient is one of the best way to learn, but i do want to stress that you should up the dificulty slightly once you are comfortable with your current standing (dont go crazy with the dificulty and being comfortable does not entale getting only S or SS ot a sertain BPM, it can be as close as geting As and holding up a long combo)

one more thing, do not play the game compatively. your rank should be an indication if your current skill level not an idntication of how many hours you strained your hand, enjoy the game and go at your own pace. Every one has potantial so keep playing and watch yourself grow, its alot more rewarding and enjoyable at the end of the day day

Have Fun :lol:
rip english
I passed scatman on my first day of osu >w <
meteor22
First day i passed a hard song, the 3rd day I cleared an insane map
NinjaNick
I cleared insane maps around 1,000 plays, I guess that's kinda good but everyone is different. It might take me 1,000 but it took you 10,000, it doesn't mean one of us is better than the other.
WhiteRose
It took about... hmm... 1-2 months. I don't even remember how many plays I had.
djjsixpack
Don't remember how many plays I had but I started to pass insanes after a month maybe, and fc easier ones in 3-4 months I think.
DeletedUser_4041880
I can pass/FC some easy insanes and a few moderately fast ones right now. I'm at around 1.5k plays and I've been playing for roughly two months.

//using a tablet makes it easier too ahaa
mcdoomfrag
Why are people still responding to OP's 2 year old question?
DeletedUser_4041880

mcdoomfrag wrote:

Why are people still responding to OP's 2 year old question?
Because some of us likes to compare our answers to other people and see how much faster we improved.
ShiraiiiKuroko
A month and a half
I think it's less, but I don't remember.
I know this sounds cliché, but I improved drastically after getting my tablet.
Rio-
Kinda remembered the time when I passed No, Thank You in Insane after ~1,5k play roughly 1 month
WAVEDASH
Definitely not 10k plays~
Kouya-
When I first started playing 3 months back, I only played Easy and sometimes Normal .

A month and a half after, I got my first S on a Hard Song .

Now, I mostly play Hard and Light/Moderate Insane Maps .

Reply got deleted and had to re-type it again, got lazy so summed it up ._.
Kumiho
1 week once i got my new mouse
KinkiN
I think i can pass "easy" Insanes on my lvl 70ish
vsprite
Passed my first insane around 3k plays, currently i can finish most insanes on at least A (The really hard ones i get B).

5.9k plays in just under 4 months, and the best i probably got is this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u80YhKG7aBA
beatmap - http://osu.ppy.sh/b/216133
Got a 313 combo on it with 95.87% accuracy and 3.4M score. This was also my first time playing it.

6k plays and i got a 637 combo, 95% accuracy with 9.2m score http://osu.ppy.sh/b/368933?m=0
SushiBottle
I started passing insanes at around 2.5-3k plays. Maybe less. I always played maps that were out of my skill level though, so maybe I just took a shortcut per se to get to the harder maps.

Recently I started getting perfect combos on insanes and I got my first 2 S ranks on insanes within the last week with around 5k plays ^_^

However, i'm not too sure about the accuracy of how many plays I actually have, since most of them are just me failing near the beginning many, many times (if you look at my historical) or failing an fc and restarting immediately. So in reality the plays may be less... oh and I'm currently siutting at around 5.8k~ plays.
show more