forum

What's the best recorder for osu! without lag?I'

posted
Total Posts
show more
burningfire52
why not just record the replay?
boat
A computer on which the video capture software doesn't cause lag.

Use fraps or dxtory, if it still lags to the point of where it's unusable regardless of settings then you're out of luck, buy another drive to write the video to.
silmarilen
i used to record with fraps which i had to retry like 15 times because it kept lagging, now i use obs which rarely lags if ever.
Le-Toucan
Nvidia shadowplay , easiest thing to use ... if you have nvidia card ofc.
Weed
obs
ivan
x
Topic Starter
Luqanted
Record the replay? Then what kind of software will I use to record it? That's what I mean.
Lex Crunch

bewaredrev wrote:

obs
This. Use OBS; extremely small and low-maintenance for what it does. It's also free.

It's made for streaming and is great for it, but it lets you save local recordings as well; and, while not exactly small, the output files aren't a gajillion gigabytes large like FRAPS puts out.
Just2good
I use Bandicam, doesn't reduce my FPS at all and don't need to compress the file after recording. (430mb for a 3 min song)

Depending on the preset/settings you use, you can get all that + 1080p ready to upload to youtube.

Don't mean to advertise here but if you want an example of the video quality then.

Example Vids
AskonNox
Also use OBS with a different profile since my streaming profile is lower with the resolution. Can only say positiv things about obs so i can definitly recommend it.
B1rd
Shouldn't Fraps work without lag, unless you have a super low-end PC? I get like 2000fps normally..

Best best thing is to get a alternate computer to do the recording, or a capture card I think,
loldcraft
MSI afterburner for recording and handbrake to encode
nooph
i've always had an interest in toying around with recording software. fraps is the basic choice for most people, but i find that it gives me some distracting "screen tear" at some points. it could just be my monitor, but that's one of the main reasons why i'd only use it for replays. someone mentioned bandicam in the thread earlier, and i quite like it. it has options for video encoding settings so your video files won't be infinity gigabytes in size. also, if you use it for different games and have commentary over them, it has an option to record to two separate audio tracks, which is good in case your voice is too quiet or too loud. the one i use most for osu, however, is mirillis action. it's kind of like bandicam, but with a nice gui. it doesn't have as many encoding options, but the newer versions have a built-in thing to stream to twitch (although i think it's a paid service). what attracts me to action is the fact that despite i have a mediocre pc, it's surprisingly stable on most games.

tl;dr -
fraps - pretty good, but it has big file sizes and you might get screen tearing
bandicam - really good
action - good if your pc isn't
Topic Starter
Luqanted
I think I pick OBS. Please, gimme the link where I can download! :D
Lorenzo

-Luqanted sama wrote:

Try FFSplit. It's easier to use than OBS imo.
http://www.ffsplit.com/
Ayesha Altugle

lorenso0 wrote:

-Luqanted sama wrote:

Try FFSplit. It's easier to use than OBS imo.
http://www.ffsplit.com/
personal preference
silmarilen

-Luqanted sama wrote:

quick google wouldve told you
https://obsproject.com/
_Arzo_
Fraps is good enough

imma using fraps with 30 fps setting
and my osu in 60 frame limiter with VSync
when recording osu force my fraps to run at 60 fps . but record result still 30 fps :D
FlyingNeko
The best way to do it is to use fraps while recording to a separate hard drive. If your computer really can't handle it you can play around with the settings. (Lower the frame rate; around 23.976 fps will do. Check Half-size)
If recording while playing live lags you, just record the replay.
A handy tool is also handbrake (google it) to encode those 5 GB videos to something around 10 MB. It's really handy. Especially since there is a very subtle quality loss which you won't notice if you don't look hard enough.

There is also a tool in the Development forums which does the work for you very nicely
billy96
If you want to record live, there is Dxtory. It's not free though, but you can choose your own encoder, use a second hard drive for recording, a fps limiter and so on.

Here is my live play test from 2 years ago.
E14

_Arzo_ wrote:

Fraps is good enough

imma using fraps with 30 fps setting
and my osu in 60 frame limiter with VSync
when recording osu force my fraps to run at 60 fps . but record result still 30 fps :D
i wanna post a gameplay with video on, i would try yours. i hope it wouldn't be lag.. btw i use fraps and handbrake.
ixsq
Dxtory
IppE

FlyingNeko wrote:

around 23.976 fps will do.
It'll look shit though. 30fps is a bare minimum with pretty much any videogame content.

Also why use some weird ntsc fps remnant from the dvd ages that no one actually uses unless they have to.
Just because anime is 24/1001 fps doesn't mean your videogames should be.
Sklitterbeer
I would use Mirillis action, however it is not working for me atm
-Potato-

SUPER_Samurai_ wrote:

I would use Mirillis action, however it is not working for me atm
Don't necropost
SubZ
OBS. Using the "Game Capture" function when the game is in windowed mode works flawlessly for me.

Otherwise if you're willing to sacrifice godlike quality, go with FRAPS as a nice alternative.
IppE

SubZ XD wrote:

OBS. Using the "Game Capture" function when the game is in windowed mode works flawlessly for me.

Otherwise if you're willing to sacrifice godlike quality, go with FRAPS as a nice alternative.
This doesn't make any sense since OBS compresses the video pretty much regardless of what you do when Fraps records lossless video.