forum

Sword Art Online II

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lemozade
I loved the series, and the Extra Edition OVA type movie was also pretty good, but I'm not sure how this second series is gonna turn out, it follows the magna as it goes into the "Gun Gale" portion of the story, but I mean the whole bringing guns into this type of story ehhhh. I don't care though I will still watch it when it's released and probably still enjoy it because I love the plot.

[ Stellar ]
Nothing new, mostly all of the same.
It's going to be the same disappointing series as the first season.
Pannari
I really hope it's as good as the first arc with less plot holes.
Sapphiire_old_1
So 'Sword' Art Online is now 'Guns' Art Online ? quite confusing
kirueggy
i feel like they're gonna go through every possible weapon until they end up with "brick art online" or something
Sapphiire_old_1
More like 'shit' art online
kirueggy

SoG Tava wrote:

how do I +1 you for that
Yocake
New game;
New gals;
Everything else stays the same..
HighSee
GGO was the worst arc of the LN's imo. Was extremely painful to read.
Topic Starter
Lemozade

SoG Tava wrote:

Haha. I know righttttt. The first arc was actually very interesting but the second arc kind crashed the idea, first of all they need to stick to swords, and second of all they shouldn't go in and out of games so much it drives out the one kind of realism thought of the show.
Sapphiire_old_1
Aye totaly agree with you the first part of SAO was realy good in my opinion , but it got worse and worse till it was trash
Topic Starter
Lemozade
Who knows this could redeem it, I honestly highly doubt it will, but you never know I am still going to watch it when it's released in July.
Sapphiire_old_1
I will probably also watch it out of curiosity but meh ... i dont expect much of it
Topic Starter
Lemozade
For such a high budget they have to come up with something good; it did extremely successful after it's release, most anime's don't get a season 2, so I'm expecting somewhat of a good job.
Navizel

SoG Tava wrote:

Still on the first half of SAO and this is already my reaction towards the show.
Piine

SoG Tava wrote:

This was actually my idea when I watching the second episode......I had to try and not sleep to watch the show fully....never again :o
Topic Starter
Lemozade
I thought the first like 13 episodes (First arc) was really good, it's after they get out of sword art online that it kind of sucks.
Sapphiire_old_1

Navizel wrote:

SoG Tava wrote:

Still on the first half of SAO and this is already my reaction towards the show.
Well you are better dropping it then cause it wont get better , gonna safe you some time
kirueggy

Lemozade wrote:

For such a high budget they have to come up with something good; it did extremely successful after it's release, most anime's don't get a season 2, so I'm expecting somewhat of a good job.
If you expect the second season of SAO to be "somewhat" of a good job that's already a warning lol
Topic Starter
Lemozade
Well I mean they are bringing guns into a series that has the word sword in it, lol. So yeah I'm not expecting mind-blowing but I'm expecting something good.
Outsanity
I'm just wondering how many people who have stated they disliked/hated SAO will watch SAO II?
Navizel
Me. For baiting purposes.
Tari
A sequel

I want to see how this comes out
Topic Starter
Lemozade

Outsanity wrote:

I'm just wondering how many people who have stated they disliked/hated SAO will watch SAO II?
A lot because it's a good show people just wanna hate because they can.
Navizel
It's actually a bad show (even though I'm still not past the first half) and here are some reasons why:
1. Gary Stu main character
2. Kirito leveled up from lvl 40 in the previous episode to lvl76 iirc in the next episode basically to make him overpowered (also looked rushed)
3. Easy to get girls obviously for harem purposes
4. Just what you would expect from a generic light novel
5. Forced romance and love triangle
6. Kirito's plot armor He should've been killed by Kuradeel in ep10/11 but damn plot armor. There's no way Asuna can arrive on the scene without Kirito being already dead. Why? Kuradeel's damage overtime. It's like his damage is slowed 10x and Asuna is sped-up 11x just to fucking save the shitty MC

Pretty sure I can still add more reasons after I finish it since the second half is considered horrible. I'm sure there's incest too which is another downside.

-just my two cents.
kirueggy
^

It's okay, I've played enough FPS's to know that Kirito will die someday
(hopefully ending the damn series or worse, adding a new character)
Kritzkingvoid
Ahhhh SAO the most loved and hated anime ever
Topic Starter
Lemozade

Navizel wrote:

It's actually a bad show (even though I'm still not past the first half) and here are some reasons why:
1. Gary Stu main character
2. Kirito leveled up from lvl 40 in the previous episode to lvl76 iirc in the next episode basically to make him overpowered (also looked rushed)
3. Easy to get girls obviously for harem purposes
4. Just what you would expect from a generic light novel
5. Forced romance and love triangle
6. Kirito's plot armor He should've been killed by Kuradeel in ep10/11 but damn plot armor. There's no way Asuna can arrive on the scene without Kirito being already dead. Why? Kuradeel's damage overtime. It's like his damage is slowed 10x and Asuna is sped-up 11x just to fucking save the shitty MC

Pretty sure I can still add more reasons after I finish it since the second half is considered horrible. I'm sure there's incest too which is another downside.

-just my two cents.
If your reasoning for watching it is so you can force your irritated opinions on other people, than I suggest you stop watching it ;)
Navizel
I'm just saying what factors made SAO a horrible anime in my opinion. By the looks of your post, it is clear that you're pertaining to my reason why I will watch SAO II while quoting my reason why SAO season 1 is bad which are obviously two different things.

Obviously, my reason for SAO II is a bluff. I'm watching it for guns ;)
Topic Starter
Lemozade

Navizel wrote:

Obviously, my reason for SAO II is a bluff. I'm watching it for guns ;)
Haha. Okay that comment was hilarious. 2 thumbs up.
Aurani

Sulker wrote:

SoG Tava wrote:

This was actually my idea when I watching the second episode......I had to try and not sleep to watch the show fully....never again :o
Even though I dislike SAO completely, I still can't seem to agree with you on all points there.
I mean, the first two episodes were kind of the thing that WAS promising, compared to the rest of the anime which was obviously rushed as fuck. It's also those two episodes' fault that it got such bad ratings. They practically promised one thing and delivered another... if they had stated from the start that it was a harem anime without exaggerating the story to oblivion - it would've been a nice one to pass the time. Instead they just deceived the audience by turning SAO into something that it isn't.

The overly shitty story aside, the music, the battle scenes and the animations were definitely better than your average anime.

The only point on which I could agree with you is that after the quasi-magical fairy part of SAO, would I watch the next one? Fuck no.
Topic Starter
Lemozade
Haha I agree with your whole first two episode concept completely, sword art online seemed very rushed for sure.
kmko078

kirukashi wrote:

i feel like they're gonna go through every possible weapon until they end up with "brick art online" or something
Greyusb
The SAO anime is completely shit. However, your view on the story may change once you actually read the light novel ([google:1337]sword art online light novel[/google:1337]). It is so much more detailed, and everything is actually explained. You can actually read the MC's thought tracks, unlike in the anime, where incredible stuff just... happens.

Furthermore, the anime is so rushed, and the second part (fairy stuff) is really, really, REALLY bad. But once again, the anime does not even explain half of the story that was included in the light novel. So if you are interested in the storyline, but disappointed in the content of the anime, I would really recommend you to give the light novel a read!

Slight spoiler... SAO II will be incredibly similar to a popular book/movie that many of you may have read/watched...
Topic Starter
Lemozade

Greyusb wrote:

Slight spoiler... SAO II will be incredibly similar to a popular book/movie that many of you may have read/watched...
Not related to SAO? Like not within the manga?..
Greyusb

Lemozade wrote:

Greyusb wrote:

Not related to SAO? Like not within the manga?..
The story that will be included in SAO 2 is not in the manga, the original content would be from Volume 5 onwards of the light novel :)

SPOILER
The setting of the story is INCREDIBLY similar (i'm trying to not use the word "copy" here being the sao fanboy I am...) to Hunger Games....
show more