forum

Map Setting Customizer (HP/CS/OD/AR Changer)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Norb
How it actually works (you don't need to read this)
This is a console application that takes the following arguments:
-t1 <parameter name:value> (group 1 parameter)
-t2 <parameter name:value> (group 2 parameter)
-t3 <parameter name:value> (group 3 parameter)
-t4 <parameter name:value> (group 4 parameter)
-make <parameter name:value> (program will overwrite these parameters with the new value - also works with stuff like SliderTickRate:99, etc)
-name <preffix for the name of the difficulty> (program will add the name value as a prefix for each difficulty and also use it to identify copies made for easier deletion)
-path <full path for the osu Songs folder> (might require to use quote marks if it contains spaces)
Sorry there is no -delete as the GUI allows this process to be performed quicker. If you do not pass any arguments through the application the GUI will open and allow you to manipulate the 4 main parameters (Circle Size, Approach Rate, Overall difficulty and Health Drain).
The program will only make a copy if the beatmap contains at least one value from each of the 4 groups. (The GUI uses group 1,2,3,4 for HP,CS,AR,OD respectively)
One last note: The program only reads values up to the [Events] section on the .osu file, so timing/hitobjects are completely ignored for faster performance.
How to use it

Tip: Please make sure osu! is in the Main Menu and NOT SONG SELECTION screen as it seems to slow everything down or sometimes cause other problems which I keep getting messages about, so please follow this tip.

Tip: It is highly recommended to have an English locale setting while using the application to create maps with decimal values.
Some languages seem to use ',' instead of '.' to mark decimals. So the application will generate decimals like 9,5 instead of 9.5 and osu! won't be able to read it. I'm not 100% sure because I haven't tested it but it worked for others: http://www.copsmodels.com/gpcommapnt.htm or if that doesn't work: http://puu.sh/lrWKo.png

1. Choose the Songs directory. Use the "Find" button if you're lazy, it will try find the folder through the registry.
2. Choose the conditions of which maps you want to take for creating converted copies. If you want all maps then leave everything from 0 to max, if you want Insanes, try AR8-AR10 and OD7-OD10
3. Choose the new parameters for the new copies. The created copies will overwrite these new settings chosen, if "No Change" is selected the GUI will ignore that parameter.
4. Create a name for these new difficulties. For example if you type in "Awesome", and the converted map was called [Best Insane Map], it will rename the copy to [Awesome-Best Insane Map]. This feature will allow you to create custom difficulties independent of each other (lets say copies called AR10 and seperate copies called OD10)
5. Now just click Create Maps and wait till it does its' thing. Also keep in mind that the console's title keeps track of the progress in % value and total beatmap count.
Deletion:
Go to the Delete tab, enter the name of the custom difficulty, and press Delete All. DO NOT WORRY! This feature will only delete files that end with "__<name>__].osu", I am positive that not a single mapper used a double underscore with a random word and then another double underscore to name their difficulty. Thus don't be afraid of the program deleting the wrong maps, I promise it's impossible:
If (foundFile.EndsWith("__" & Name & "__].osu")) Then
My.Computer.FileSystem.DeleteFile(foundFile)
End If
You may also decide to save a batch file that will execute the program with the chosen settings with just a double-click. Or if you want to take it to the next level you may set up a keyboard shortcut or macro to execute the program with those arguments so every time you download a new map you can just press a button to quickly create a specified copy of the map(s).
Credits
Programmed by Dubu
Thanks to givenameplz for making a number of good suggestions on how to improve this program. I appreciate the help.
Thanks to AJeyB and Zare for assisting me with a few tests in order to fix the crashing error.
Also thanks to everyone else who suggested this idea.

I appreciate any type of feedback, if you find any bugs please let me know! I will try fix them ASAP. You may share your ideas for what reasons you might be using this application.
Ajo Joestar
I can't make it
it stop working immediately

:!: EDIT: okay, working well now. gj :D
Zare
Works like a charm now that the fixes have been applied.
Thanks a lot ♥
go3001
osu! training camp this holidays~

Ermagawd it's Zare :D
Omgforz
I want to have your babies.
Pro1337Elite
Wow, this is epic!

Good work!
Howl
GJ on that!
tsundoll
This is a lot quicker than creating AR10 copies of things by hand. Good job.
Tari
Great Job!, People can optimize to the settings of their choice now :D
tsundoll
So I had it make AR10 versions of my AR 8 and 9 maps. And it did, I can see the files in the song folders. But they won't show up in osu. Only one or two showed up after doing an F5 full beatmap process

Edit:
Seems like it might just need to run a long time to recognize them.
Purple
Thanks

You should add an option to skip the maps that have already been modified
Xiipher
this is GODLIKE
Topic Starter
Norb

Purple wrote:

Thanks

You should add an option to skip the maps that have already been modified
It actually does that automatically, it ignores any .osu files made by the program (map files ending with "__].osu")

Or do you mean skip the original difficulties that already have a custom copy?
1xmiss
Help ;_;
When I open this application, I got this message People said this is because I open OS 32-bit applicaton on OS 64-bit
Topic Starter
Norb

-baka25- wrote:

Help ;_;
When I open this application, I got this message People said this is because I open OS 32-bit applicaton on OS 64-bit
Hmm, do you have the latest .NET framework installed? Link here

If you do then I'm not sure what the problem might be. I'm using a 64-bit OS as well and it works fine for me.
1xmiss

Dubu wrote:

-baka25- wrote:

Help ;_;
Hmm, do you have the latest .NET framework installed? Link [url]http://www.microsoft.com/en-nz/download/details.aspx?id=30653]here[/url]

If you do then I'm not sure what the problem might be. I'm using a 64-bit OS as well and it works fine for me.
I already have it, must I download all of .NET framework? i really want to use this ;_;
Topic Starter
Norb

-baka25- wrote:

I already have it, must I download all of .NET framework? i really want to use this ;_;
Oops didn't see the broken link I sent. And I'm not sure, doesn't hurt to try? Maybe try running the program in compatibility mode? The type of error that you get has nothing to do with my code, the problem is concerning either your OS or .NET framework, I'm sorry that I can't help you with this ;w;
1xmiss

Dubu wrote:

-baka25- wrote:

Oops didn't see the broken link I sent. And I'm not sure, doesn't hurt to try? Maybe try running the program in compatibility mode? The type of error that you get has nothing to do with my code, the problem is concerning either your OS or .NET framework, I'm sorry that I can't help you with this ;w;
I already do that too but still same ;_;

well, I will searching again and find the solve for this problem because I really need this ~_~

edit : I redownload this .exe and its work =_______=
What the.....Well sorry for my mistake m(_ _)m and thanks for the reply :D
Topic Starter
Norb
Ohhh thats great news :) no worries, glad it works for you
1xmiss
Sorry but I got new problem, the problem is like this ;_;

tsundoll wrote:

So I had it make AR10 versions of my AR 8 and 9 maps. And it did, I can see the files in the song folders. But they won't show up in osu. Only one or two showed up after doing an F5 full beatmap process
Topic Starter
Norb

-baka25- wrote:

Sorry but I got new problem, the problem is like this ;_;

tsundoll wrote:

This is quite common and I'm not exactly sure why it does this. But I found that the best way to use the program is to keep osu! open during the time the program is processing all maps (sitting on the main menu, not song selection). That way osu! counts all the changes (I think that's how it works, I'm not peppy and I didn't write osu! so I can only guess) and once you open the songs menu again it will do a full refresh for all of those maps. Sometimes I find myself pressing F5 for each song individually but that gets annoying.
Yuunee
This is really cool! :D Thank you so much! It works very well for me.
Asystole
Will this be updated to include the new 0.1 increment changes?
Topic Starter
Norb

Asystole wrote:

Will this be updated to include the new 0.1 increment changes?
I will once I find time. Probably at the end of June. Also the program already supports that. Just save a batch file and edit it to your own preference.

Dubu wrote:

Decimal values
-take ApproachRate:8 -take ApproachRate:8.1 -take ApproachRate:8.2 -take ApproachRate:8.3 -take ApproachRate:8.4 -take ApproachRate:8.5 -take ApproachRate:8.6 -take ApproachRate:8.7 -take ApproachRate:8.8 -take ApproachRate:8.9 -take ApproachRate:9 -make ApproachRate:9.9
This would take all maps from AR8 to AR9 and make AR9.9 copies.
If it's too difficult that way, you'll have to wait until I find time to rework the interface x.x
formi
Awesome tool, love it!
show more