forum

osu!Rank - [Android] - Your stats on your phone

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
givenameplz
Greetings!

Just thought I'll drop those Sneak Peek images of osu!Rank 1.1.5 here, as I am still working a lot on this and it takes a while to finish.
The content of the following images is not finished yet and might change again during the process.
I am posting this so that I can gather more feedback and/or ideas for this, so that I can continue working on osu!Rank.
So if you got any feedback or features you'd like to have, throw them in via PM or here on the Forums.

Pre-Release screenshots of 1.1.5 featuring Oinari-sama

P.S.: No news on the Widgets yet, but they will get a slightly new makeup as well.

P.P.S: @[ SRHD ] Will consider it, thank you!
DropTimes
ohh
Oinari-sama
Hot dayum...
DENKOUSEKKA
1.1.5 looks like it's going to have a lot of improvements. I'll be looking forward to it

Edit: Any chances of this getting into Google Play?
Topic Starter
givenameplz

Yularia wrote:

[...]
Edit: Any chances of this getting into Google Play?
I did state something about this in the FAQ:
"Hey, what about releasing on the Play Store (Google Market)?"
For now I won't release on the Play Store, I don't see the need for this, yet.
I got my own update system, so this is no problem really.
An upside would be, that I could reach more people with that.
Feel free to drop your opinion anyways.
But I decided to release on the Play Store now, at some point, maybe with 1.1.5 or the version after this.
So the statement in the FAQ is not correct anymore.
(I will fix the FAQ sometime.)

Further details about this will be announced in the future.
(I'll post some more screens of the development process eventually.)
skyleo
verfickt geil
DENKOUSEKKA
Looks like I'll need to start reading closely. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Tekklorn
Can't get the .apk file to open on my phone, comes up with the error "Can't open file". I've done the security thing and I tried all of the links, still the same problem. My phone is a Samsung galaxy note 3 btw, hope you can fix this issue :)

UPDATE: This problem has been fixed, the solution was to download the app through the computer and then transfer it over to the phone manually.

Awesome app, looks great :D
Topic Starter
givenameplz

Tekklorn wrote:

[...]
UPDATE: This problem has been fixed, the solution was to download the app through the computer and then transfer it over to the phone manually.
[...]
Compiling the PMs:

It seemed to be a problem with the browser breaking the file while downloading, which was "Google Chrome" in that case.
So if anybody else gets that problem, either try another browser or transfer it from the PC.
Topic Starter
givenameplz
Just a short update on the development.

1.1.5 is in the translation phase right now.
Translators can now access a pre-build version of it the usual way, it will be eventually updated with the translations for testing purpose.

No estimated time for public release yet, but if you want to help testing it just contact me.

@Translators: If you want to access the test build from within the new version, it has a different behavior, contact me about that, I give you the details. If you encounter anything strange, just drop me an informal PM as always.

Oh, to add a little behind the scenes, just some doodles from an early idea of 1.1.5 on my whiteboard.
My handwriting is kinda awful, but I just thought to throw it out here.

tokaku
I seem to have the problem of random force close messages when I'm not even in the app. My phone would freeze for a few seconds.

I'm using an xperia V. It only started happening when I updated it. But solvable by opening up the app and then pressing home a few times.
Topic Starter
givenameplz
Thanks for your report!

I couldn't reproduce it myself but I was already aware of it from another report.
It will be fixed with 1.1.5 as I figured out the cause for it.

Please bear with it a little longer.
Tekklorn

givenameplz wrote:

Thanks for your report!

I couldn't reproduce it myself but I was already aware of it from another report.

That's good to hear, the error messages were annoying :P
Valdyr
Hey, so far the app worked for me without any errors, searched correctly and is smooth. I'm a native Serbian speaker so I'd be more than happy to translate the scripts if you send them to me (I can do them in both Latin and Cyrillic form, so it's up to you say if you want one of them or both) :D
tokaku

givenameplz wrote:

Thanks for your report!

that'd be great!
Topic Starter
givenameplz
Just a short update!

@Translators: New version with your translations is up for testing, remember that 1.1.5 has a different access than the previous versions.
If you want something changed, just change it inside the translator interface. It will be in the next version then.
(After everything important is done I might consider adding "Live translations". Everything you change would directly be accessible without a new application version.)

Other than that only small bug fixes, nothing new really.
SakuRako495
Hm.. Report a bug.
I'm Sony Xperia user, My Android Version is Android 4.3.
And I'm using the Xperia Home.
When I put the Widget, The background is white...

and repressing the widget....widget background is no problem...
please fix this problem...
Topic Starter
givenameplz
Greetings!
Thanks for your report,

I will look into it, it seems to be a problem with Android 4.3 (API 18) on Xperia. (I had another report from a similar phone.)
It will most likely also be fixed with the rework done in 1.1.5.
No ETA yet, but I will give a shout here if I need some testing.
I still need to do some work on the Widgets and a few adjustments to the MainActivity.
tokaku
Bump I'm really hyped up for the new update. Are you releasing it here first then to the play store or both at the same time?
Topic Starter
givenameplz

tokaku wrote:

Bump I'm really hyped up for the new update. Are you releasing it here first then to the play store or both at the same time?
Greetings, glad to hear that!
I will release the next update like always, so just lean back and wait until osu!Rank tells you that it wants to update.
You will also receive a message from osu!Rank as soon as I release it on the Play Store, so don't worry about anything.

I will write more about the release on the Play Store after the next update.

About the process, there are still some things I want to change so still no ETA.
I will update the FAQ with the new information.
Topic Starter
givenameplz
Greetings!

Long time no update on this, so I thought I drop some news here.
(On a side note, I am not playing that much osu! recently as I am working on the projects a lot, sorry if you can't catch me in-game.)

News

I decided to cut some planned features of the upcoming version and instead include them in the next one, as it would take even longer to finish it.
Almost all of the translations are done, so this is going smooth as well.
If you also want to contribute go ahead and PM me, same goes for correction of existing translations.
About the "Live-Translations", I am really eager to implement this and will start working on it after 1.1.5, hopefully releasing it with the next update after that.

About The Infamous Sony Xperia Bug, it has been fixed and is available in the test version, contact me if you can't bear the wait anymore.
In fact, I'd really like to have some Sony Xperia users test it, so PM me.

Google Play Store

Still no release date, but it will definitely happen shortly after 1.1.5.
The application will notify you about this, so no worries.
(It will be free of charge and no ads of course.)

Regards,

-givenameplz
[ HanabiZ ]
hi~
I can't see my stats on my phone after change the name
it says ERR#1
i don‘t know why。。。。
Topic Starter
givenameplz

[ HanabiZ ] wrote:

hi~
I can't see my stats on my phone after change the name
it says ERR#1
i don‘t know why。。。。
Greetings!

Thanks for your report!
Thats a naughty one, but it has been fixed and will be released with the next update.
As always, its already available on the testbuild.

Regards,

-givenameplz
Topic Starter
givenameplz

osu!Rank 1.1.5 release!

I finally wrapped everything up to a release-ready state.
This update is changing quite a lot, here a compilation of the most important changes.
(Check the changelog for full changes.)

New style!
Almost everything got a new style now, I reworked the Widgets quite a bit and totally cleaned up the application itself.
It feels way more smooth now, you might notice that I moved a lot of content around to other places.
The new "Search History" will most likely be removed and replaced with a "Favorites" button, depending on the feedback.
If you have any feedback, you know where to drop it.
Userpages!
This feature is still somewhat beta, you can access the users page from within the app.
Embedded videos or relative links won't work for now.
I will adjust the style and behavior within the next update(s).
New levelbar!
This finally fixes the "random bending" bug, if you have any feedback on this feel free to post it.
The levelbar is still undergoing a lot of work, so it might change again in the future.
(skyleo did most of the work on this.)
More Languages!
Korean language. (Credit to [ Trostal ])
Indonesian language. (Credit to Faishal Akbar)
Serbian language. (Credit to Valdyr)
Russian language. (Credit to bakatrouble)
Thanks for your contribution, all of the translators are doing an amazing job!
(Thanks again to skyleo for finishing up the translation interface.)
The future of osu!Rank...
The next update will most likely only be released on the Play Store, you will be noticed by this inside the app.
I will also change the version names with one of the future updates, as I am not happy with it the way I am doing it now.
Also on my list: Finally rework the "icon" styled widget, as I don't like how it is right now.
So expect a lot of changes on that one, if you are using it, feel free to leave feedback.
The translation-Interface will also be improved with a "live" feature.
By implementing that, translations can be distributed directly, without pushing a new app version.
And a new Panel styled 1x2 Widget will be coming up as well.

Thats it, I will update the links in the main post soon and if you have ideas or happen to find anything strange, leave a post or simply PM me directly.

Edit:
Just fixed a few typos...
Oinari-sama
lol you picked a good day to take screenshots of my play history...

The new version looks great! Can confirm that the xp bar bug is fixed. Some feedbacks though:

[Bug] Pressing the back button on my phone does not quit the application, it brings up the settings page instead. Happend on my HTC Evo 3D (Android 4.0 ICS)

[Suggestion] The new random icon isn't very "intuitive" graphically when compared to the old dice. While the new icon is nice and sharp, imo the dice would be more self-explanatory.

[Translation] The Chinese (both) translation of "Event Days" is meaningless due to a misunderstanding of where it's used. I'll try to fix it asap.

EDIT:
Fixed the translation of Event Days within the translation interface. Apologies to all Chinese users.
Topic Starter
givenameplz

Oinari-sama wrote:

lol you picked a good day to take screenshots of my play history...
[...]

Oinari-sama wrote:

[...]
[Bug] Pressing the back button on my phone does not quit the application, it brings up the settings page instead. Happend on my HTC Evo 3D (Android 4.0 ICS)
[...]
I will adjust the behavior.

Oinari-sama wrote:

[...]
[Suggestion] The new random icon isn't very "intuitive" graphically when compared to the old dice. While the new icon is nice and sharp, imo the dice would be more self-explanatory.
[...]
True.. its actually a "Shuffle" styled icon, I intended a dice, this is somewhat a placeholder for now. Drebonda will be doing the dice for me, most likely next version.

Thanks for your feedback, I also got some PMs with suggestions too, so I got a nice little list with things do to.
I will start working on the new version soon.
DENKOUSEKKA
Since osu!tp is down, The option is getting removed right?
rip
Topic Starter
givenameplz

Yarai wrote:

Since osu!tp is down, The option is getting removed right?
rip
Yes, I am afraid it will most likely be removed with the next update.
But no ETA for the update yet.

(The TODO-List will be updated within the next days, to get a better idea about whats going on.)
[ Setsuna ]
Hm don't know why but it won't open the file...
Topic Starter
givenameplz

[ Setsuna ] wrote:

Hm don't know why but it won't open the file...
Try to download it on your computer and transfer it to your device.
The mobile browsers sometimes mess with the file.
(Also make sure to follow the steps mentioned in the "How to install" section.)
Rowwis
I don't know why my phone don't show me the Widgets. :/
Oinari-sama
You have a add the widgets manually by holding the screen. Also make sure that you have enough room on screen for the chosen dimension.
Rowwis
But there aren't any osu!rank Widgets in my Widget menu
Topic Starter
givenameplz
Greetings!

As said, the Widgets can't be added from the osu!Rank application itself, but from your homescreen instead.
Usually by pressing and holding while on your homescreen, then you select the Widgets Tab or the Add Widgets entry.

If the problem still persists, feel free to PM me.
Zephi
I'm really loving it, i will carry my widget always haha, at the moment for me is working properly, including the widget, the minor bug is the known issue about the back button but well.. it's a minor bug

Defalt_old
If it's possible I'd love to see some developers port this somehow to other mobile platforms. ;3
-Hideyoshi
Found a new issue: when i try to search for my name -Hideyoshi the app simply closes. Pretty much can't use the app. Im using LG Leon 4G LTE with Android 6.0 :|
FadillSan
I download osu!rank ver 1.1.5, after installed I try so search my NickName, but the app is force close.
Sayori-kun
Is this project still updating? I can't change the widget theme like pick color or something on MIUI. The widget menu doesn't appear after I add the widget to my homescreen.