the_z
[redacted]
sYnceDez
I use Mouse-1 and X
_Arzo_
; and /
because i need a palmrest ~
Syden
o and p because all of my other keys have broken inputs from being overused.
Vasta
p and å, because I can rest my wrist more.
loldcraft
G and H the bumps help me find my keys in the dark when the break ends
Kyno
[ and ] or ; and '

For me it seems impossible to use Z and X cause im left handed.
Just having the keys all the way to the right side is better for me I guess
hinamizawan
Once I've broke my BlackWidow's z/x buttons so I had to switch for c/v until I got a new kb.
DENKOUSEKKA
Using / and *
Saint_old
2 and 3
10crystalmask01

Bakanowy wrote:

i use Q W because i'm used to it from playing moba games. feels a lot more comfy lying my fingers on the keyboard to me
nya10
X and C because my Z keys is kind of broken lol
Rewben2
c/v because I have o-rings on z/x and use them at night when I want to be more quiet.
Blueprint
ZX TY < when I want to life my hands CV now but I always hit my space bar

edit: after reading this I decided to go and play around with key binds and realised something completely obvious, my hand position determins which finger is more dominant
Yasen Baka
Started using X/C because my Z button is dead.

Edit: Okay, now my X button is also dead. Guess I'll use Q/W.
B1rd
I use LMB and RMB because keyboards/tablets are for skrubs.
nooblet
AS because my wrist goes past the edge of my laptop if I use ZX. Also because I'm used to having my left hand on the second row from standard WASD games, but SD makes the edge of my thumb hit the trackpad...
Tumor
I use left- and downarrow, because I had to change it anyway since z/x-tapping doesn't make any sense on a QWERTZ-keyboard. I think it's pretty comfortable. I also use right-arrow for pausing.

On my laptop I use z/h, because the keyboard usually is pretty close to my body.
WolfCoder
F and H because I use my index and ring finger and my hand is large so it is comfortable to spread the keys out. It also lines up my palm so it actually rests on the palm rest. Sometimes I get too enthusiastic, so the little dash on the F key makes it so I never start mashing G on accident.

This is the sort of thing you'll have to calibrate for yourself, but do calibrate at all to find out.
ksg
numpad 1 and numpad ,
Same reason as WolfCoder, using ringfinger and indexfinger to play. I find it comfortable to have the keys at the far right side of the keyboard, since that way I can comfortably get my elbow to rest on the table, while my wrist is in the air.
Karuta-_old_1
I am used to z/x because I tend to use the side of the laptop to cancel out my rebound. But my major finger for osu is actually my middle finger instead of the usual so I hit z more often than x
3GidiZ
Q/W because Z/X is too uncomfortable on my laptop
jasian
Del and End because they're the least used keys that are comfortable to tap... Honestly I don't know.
Yuuki Asuna
M and N, because my keyboard is placed far left on my desk
mako-chan3
I use C/V so i wont destroy my Z/X :))
Caam
` / 1 to hit the esc button faster.
dung eater
We use we. We like it wery much.

I sit too close to use zx, no room for hand.
Vesrand

kriers wrote:

X/C because I used to accidentally hit the windows button all the time.
Each time I buy new keyboard I do this http://s019.radikal.ru/i644/1404/f4/d123be1ddafe.jpg
I know there are other ways to disable this nasty button but thats easier)
Gawthax
I change keys every couple of weeks to pretty much any 2 keys on the same row as Z/X to make sure that I don't break any keys from overusing them.

Currently using N/ M, previously used Numpad1/Numpad2 and ,/. . If the keys are next to each other on the same row there's barely any difference if you just slide your keyboard a bit to the left/right to compensate. I feel this works best for me.

On a somewhat related note:
Has anyone here managed to break a key on a SteelSeries 7g (or 6gv2 for that matter) keyboard from playing osu!?
If so, (approx.) how long did it take you?
ShiraiiiKuroko
I use a/s as well. Z/X feels uncomfortable for me.
RagingAlien
I use W/E because it's where my hand is most used to resting in the keyboard. From way back when i used to play flash games with WASD controls, to now where i play League of Legends (I use spacebar instead of Q), that was always the spot where my hand would usually rest when not typing anything.
jasian
I use Del and End because I keep hitting the Windows key and Alt when playing :(

beeboy123 wrote:

Why dont you use z/x and how does it work well with the way you like to play.

I started playing with a/s and i do this because I arc my fingers over my keyboard the the added height improves my clicking speed by monstrous amounts making it easier for me to slow down to the right speed and get perfect accuracy.
I tap faster with Tab + Q.
Lokovodo
S/D Master-Race reporting in for duty.
Kritzkingvoid
I use numpad

1END 2DWN
Fullerene-
;/ because it brings my hands closer and I can be more relaxed in long streams. I can use z/x fine but I lose control/timing much faster.
piruchan
Just change to q/w to avoid keyboard damage. It's not a hard transition, just give it a few minutes and you will adapt.
10crystalmask01

piruchan wrote:

Just change to q/w to avoid keyboard damage. It's not a hard transition, just give it a few minutes and you will adapt.
Very true. Plus the angling of the wrist is also pretty comfortable as well.
Kumiho
i use c/v because of the original osu god cyclone
Rewben2
I have o-rings on z/x and use them at night or when I want to play more quietly, otherwise I use c/v (without o-rings)