forum

osu! level calculator

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Howl

Introduction

Hey there.
Pretty scared about posting this because maybe people will says "this thing is useless", bla bla bla. But well, I try to post this.
Like a month ago in #italian we were discussing about level in osu!. You know, that thing in your userpage that actually shows nothing about your skill but it's cool to see it growing. So, since about that there was only a topic showing not all the score needed for the levels, I decided to make a tiny script in php, not only meant to be used only by me but also to be open source for people who wanted to use it to create something more cool than I can ^^
So, in a few words, this is a tiny script were
you write a level and it outputs the score needed for that level.
Not very good looking for the style, but I did my best.
Enjoy.

Github, website etc

Website
| GitHub | Release | Release (zip file)

Translation

To translate, go and follow this guide: https://github.com/TheHowl/OsuLevelCalc ... ranslating
Flanster
I do believe there was a google doc chart for score requrements on levels.
Topic Starter
Howl
That's because you use the file in locale, and fore some reason (maybe because WAMP or the program you're using doesn't support the require function of php for the form) it doesn't work.
And I also know about that, but from what I remember it was until level 105. Here you can write every number.
SPOILER
Until you get a result like 1.9002693119083E+14.

Oh, btw. Noticed just now that for some reason subdomain doesn't work. Use this unitl it returns to normal status
Chiyo-chan_old
please space the digits with commas
Topic Starter
Howl

Chiyo-chan wrote:

please space the digits with commas
You mean to do numers like this? 23,000,000?
I'll may do it.

EDIT 23:23: Yay.
Also pushed to github, release file doesn't contain update but Downloading this will have it.
- Marco -
Why not use osu! api to do a calculation on how much score do you need it?

example: for level 87 i need 4,361,785,906 score, i have 3,955,724,571 so i need 406,061,335 more points
Sentient_DELETED
awesome tool! really helpful.
good job :)
Topic Starter
Howl

Manu-kun wrote:

awesome tool! really helpful.
good job :)
Thank you ^^

marcostudios wrote:

Why not use osu! api to do a calculation on how much score do you need it?

example: for level 87 i need 4,361,785,906 score, i have 3,955,724,571 so i need 406,061,335 more points
Well, since I'm an idiot I yet used the API for a nosense thing and at those times I didn't know nothing about php's API. Now, before I made the final commit for version 1.0, I yet sended a mail to osu! support to change the API on 17/03, but I had no answer, so may one day I'll have an answer but... Well, since then I can't do very much... With an exception for doing another page with a different form that supports inserting actual score and level to reach. Maybe after studying this evening I'll code that part.
XPJ38
Why would you ask for a change of osu!api for this? I am not sure you understood what marcostudios meant. He wants a form on your website in which you could enter a username and a level. On submit, your code would fetch the user's ranked score with osu!api, then calculate the score needed to reach the desired level (basically what your website currently does) and finally make a simple substraction to get the difference and send it to the client.

TheHowl wrote:

I yet sended a mail to osu! support to change the API on 17/03, but I had no answer
Just so you know, all questions/issues/requests regarding osu!api must be posted here, not via email.
Topic Starter
Howl

XPJ38 wrote:

Why would you ask for a change of osu!api for this? I am not sure you understood what marcostudios meant. He wants a form on your website in which you could enter a username and a level. On submit, your code would fetch the user's ranked score with osu!api, then calculate the score needed to reach the desired level (basically what your website currently does) and finally make a simple substraction to get the difference and send it to the client.
I think it was like that, more or less.
Or well, I could also do something without putting nicknames using a foreach loop I think, but I'm still learning how to use them.

XPJ38 wrote:

TheHowl wrote:

I yet sended a mail to osu! support to change the API on 17/03, but I had no answer
Just so you know, all questions/issues/requests regarding osu!api must be posted here, not via email.
Oh.
But on the page there was write to do it via... nvm, thanks for the info.
AyaMiku_old
Lol,it's awesome

XPJ38

TheHowl wrote:

That's for API access changes, not API changes. The difference is subtle :P
Topic Starter
Howl

XPJ38 wrote:

TheHowl wrote:

That's for API access changes, not API changes. The difference is subtle :P
Hmmm... Don't know if I'm right, maybe I wrote bad and you misunderstand, so there is a little problem here :P
The problem in my case is that I registered an API access with this info:

And the problem here is that I wrote those info completely random like one year ago, so now I need to change that with some serious info to make an access to the API.
Or well, if the API works with the key even if the website isn't exact going to code that part with the API immediatly :P But, if I rightly understand, the access to the API with that API key it's available only if the website requesting it is the one written in the API.
So, that's why I contacted support :roll:
XPJ38
Oh, my bad, seems like I misunderstood you. But don't worry about outdated information in your api profile, you are still allowed to use it anyway so go ahead.
Topic Starter
Howl
Great! Going to developing on a separate branch this evening then :D
Topic Starter
Howl
In last hours I coded some sort of API integration. Now I'm exhaust of all this code, but the result is fantastic.
Now: Your nickname, the gamemode: perfect! Now you got the score that you must get (or farm *coff coff*) to get to the next level.
Ofc I'm going to make a release now or later: the API integration is so cool.
- Marco -
\o/
Topic Starter
Howl
Teaser.
huehuehue

How to completely recode a CSS: lesson 1

Also, going to rewrite all the code of calc.php integrating it with index.php basing on Pizza Kun's suggestions.
XinCrin
Great job on this :D
Topic Starter
Howl
Hey
Everything just got updated
ishtar
lol

1~100lv = 26,931,190,828 score

100->101 lv = 100000000001 score...XD
Topic Starter
Howl
Actually trying to integrate languages, currently not working but it will be back soon!

Edit: Now back! As italian users can see, the website is now multilingual! For the moment there are only English and Italian as languages, but YOU can help! More info in the readme and asap also on the first post.
show more