3.57%
A skin downloaded from the website or updater
22.11%
A heavily customized, combined, or original skin
68.89%
Total votes: 2411
show more
TheVileOne
I have several skins that I use from time to time. I'm not sure if it's a plecebo, but some skins seem to improve aim. I rather like those that reduce the cursor size to a small, mono-colored object. It's easier to lock on.

I don't use it all the time, because it improves performance at the expense of quality game effects.
OzzyOzrock
For standard I don't think I've changed it, since I just have the taiko one for taiko.
[ Pingu ]
I use Niko's 6.1 Skin at the moment, with mixed elements from -Kamui-'s skin, WWW's skin and a skin called 'Hyperdimension Neptunia'.
EineKrone
Used some skins, I didn't like the original.(weird when stacked, and the hits are too flashy)
So for some timed I used a edited Nikko/nacho ♥ mau skin, using a hitcircle from another skin it was almost perfect.

Then I found the Aesthetic skin, which IS perfect :D
I just changed the cursor and used the ring hitcircles(included). And put some combobursts too...

daredakke
I use a lot of elements from the Aesthetic skin, especially those hitcircles. Can't decide if I like solid or ring hitcircles better...

That aside, my skin borrows stuff from all over with a few things I made myself, the cursor especially. Gotta have your own cursor.
Lancelot
I like to modfify the main-background of my skin but since im there and im thinking about that why isnt there a main-background defiler we could use many back-ground and everytime we come back to the menu we get a new welcome ^-^ or it change everytimes you play a song. I could post this in suggestion forum if you huh help me a bit by supporting me I guess fine thats all. typed fast im just writing my mind bla yo I dont want to correct all the fault. (why am i even writing that)
Karuta-_old_1
I just mix whatever skin elements there is and use them
I would just try them and see how playing with them feels
I never bothered to make any of them since there will be better and better ideas
since there is barely any differences in the short run and I can't make up my mind.
RemmyX25
I have a mix of classic fonts, custom Remmy comboburst/CtB char, and EBA hit/HP stuff. it works alright for me
Yoshino-kun
Mine's basically a merge of multiple skins, with edits of my own.

I used the Nexus Slate skin as a base, and then removed some of the parts and added some from other skins.
I removed the skin's cursor and am using Osu's default one. For some reason, I like the default one the most.

Replaced the hitcircle image with a hitcircleoverlay from a different skin. Used a different hitcircleoverlay for the overlay as well.
Basically just merged two overlays to create a hitcircle.
This makes the hitcircle seem like it's made of glass. Although a bit dumb, it actually looks pretty cool.
It kinda reduces accuracy though.
Also merged the skin's spinner with Neosu's spinner. It looks better.

I replaced the big ranking icons with pictures of chibi anime characters, which I got from different beatmaps. Had to resize some.
Lately I've been editing original pictures myself and using them as ranking icons.

I'm often making edits here and there, so the skin's never really the same.
Corin
I can only use the Taiko skin else I fuck up, not sure why.
I think it's more to do with the bass from the hitsounds.
loldcraft
Mine's all transparent except the default approachcircles and cursor not sure which option to pick...

(no hitcircles/overlay, healthbar followpoints, hitbursts or ANYTHING, just purely approachcircles)
Topic Starter
LuigiHann

loldcraft wrote:

Mine's all transparent except the default approachcircles and cursor not sure which option to pick...

(no hitcircles/overlay, healthbar followpoints, hitbursts or ANYTHING, just purely approachcircles)
That sounds "heavily modified" to me, if you made it yourself.

I'm still impressed/suprised/alarmed by how big a majority that choice got. Tempted to make a second poll breaking that option down to see how many people make skin elements vs. borrowing from other skins, but I probably won't right away.
peppy
Food for thought: server-side analytics say that 23.17% use default skin (3.2% using a User override).
Blaziken
Invisible cursor is the best cursor ._. Also explains why I am so shit at this game.
Tekklorn
There are so many good skins out there so why not have the best of all worlds? Heavily modified skin ftw
Legxis
I used the default skin for AGES and would still (mostly) be fine with it.

By now I use customized mixes I did and edited. I still use some default elements by the way, for example the cursor and hitcircle numbers.

I don't think this poll will really work though. The casual players that don't care a lot don't visit the forums and many of those probably use the default skin
Sheepsticks
I like cherry-picking the good parts from different skins. Customized skin FTW. :)
Kritzkingvoid
I only use my customized skin playing different skins makes my head hurt
TheNekoNextDoor
I really can't be bothered to use another skin, so I use the default. c;
Kouya-
I heavily customize mine to the fullest (with an exception of being comfortable to my eyesight when playing that is) , and I try to mix other skins (about 8) with the current skin I have on, it makes it look really cool even though I don't have a specific theme to it .
Maxis
Mine is technically a skin mix, with mainly Nightcore HD as the 'base'. I messed with the cursor, combo colors, follow lines, etc. until I got a skin that's both detailed and pretty while still putting emphasis on the important parts during gameplay and is mostly distraction-free.
Downsy
q
bze
My skin looks like kamui but it's burakku shipu
10crystalmask01
lol I use a skin that's 10 times more simpler then the default one (mainly a mix of Black 2014 and Apricot skin). Makes an easier game play for me :lol:
Howl
I use my combined skin with also some original parts.
Granger
Im using Strongest Ice Fairy by Kitsumii currently, its soo much better than default. o-o
Feast
I'm using my own skin, a Non non biyori one :D (Still improving it tho)
billy96
I'm using the default skin combined with some stuff from osu!stream skin I know it's forbidden and all, but come on, it looks good :v

I find o!stream numbering more "fitting" with the default skin.
Kurogamii
I'm using the fully customized skin (most of it's are my original)
Coron
Combination of parts from around 5-7 other skins which I really liked, ending up in a non themed skin with lots of cute different anime girls everywhere... Biggest part of it comes from kurokami's skin though. (main menu and so on) (can't see the first number in the score is slightly annoying, but not annoying enough for me to fix it)
Espionage724
Used to use Kamui, but I've been getting back into the default skin lately.
Rirakusu
Used the default skin for a long time until I find the 300s annoying (you should understand the feeling when the number disturbs your focus on the next note). Now using Illumination HD without modifying and loving it.

Most of my friends use a combined skin pack, but I don't like it :)
Mofu kun
I like using custom skins. They add a personal touch to the game for me.
tiper
I'm using the old Natteke's skin mixed(by me) with some elements from other skins for about two years. If someone's interested, here's a video.
Ayesha Altugle
I'm using a default skin ( not the new one ) with alot of edits in it

Gao
ceschierpadua
I'm using "Burakku Shippu" as my main skin component, also mixed with various skin from the "Skin Compendium"
Gifu
I want my osu to look "professional" and simple, and no with signs of asian art style...
I hope that osu would look basicly more like these skins are:

CtB (also the normal osu mode) t/168372

normal osu mode t/194902

Taiko mode t/193708

Mania has also many mind blowing skins.

I have to say this straight: some of the western people try osu out get distracted by the art style osu has (Mainly the Pippi-don character in taiko and the fruit catching guy in ctb)

I LOVE what the new STORE.OSU looks like at the moment and i hope that you implement the same artstyle to the whole game! Osu!Stream looks also terrific!
kirueggy
I use a modified skin, aka "TOP LEL."

And the skin is a combination of:

t/188322

and

t/151887

Honestly better than both of them, because well it's combined so double the HNNNGGG
WarezC12
Default so sexy :o :o
show more