forum

Pixel Skin v3 HD [Osu!STD,CtB & Taiko] (Last Update: 6/8/16)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BoredPotato

This is my first skin, hope you guys like it. It's a pixel themed skin which has designs that aren't too extravagant so that the player may focus more on playing than the design. So, it's a slightly minimalist skin as well.

Changelog
4/3/2013- Initial Release
4/8/14- Version 2 release
-CtB elements added
-Taiko elements added
-Spinner-rpm added
-Added some extra features
-Added cinema mod icon
-Improved spun out mod icon
-Some hitsounds updated
6/7/16- Version 3 release
-New skin for the whole interface
-Revamped CtB!, STD & Taiko
-HD is now available

Notes
-I didn't skin the taiko mascot because I have no idea on how I'm supposed to make it. ALTHOUGH, I might work on skinning it if I have the patience and time to.
-I, for some reason, cannot skin Mania mode for my life. So don't expect that mode to be skinned any time soon.
-Please leave suggestions and comments it would help me a lot so that I can improve. :)
-Thanks for downloading and checking out my skin! :D
Eizan Arizawa
i think i'm back to era when the first video game release Nice job there! OwO
Ayesha Altugle
dat FB section-pass & Section-fail.
CarinderYeah
This is priceless.
OsuMe65
Anyway, there will be one hell of a pixel war here in Skinning Forums since I saw a lot of skins like this.
Inori
welp.
Now I know what my next skin will be.
Topic Starter
BoredPotato

Eizan Arizawa wrote:

i think i'm back to era when the first video game release Nice job there! OwO
Thanks. :D

CarinderYeah wrote:

This is priceless.
In a good way?

OsuMe65 wrote:

Anyway, there will be one hell of a pixel war here in Skinning Forums since I saw a lot of skins like this.
I've only seen one skin other than mine that's pixel related. Haven't seen a lot of these types of skins here.
10crystalmask01
Holy cow, that cursor size O.o

So far the skin looks pretty neat :)
Only thing I'd request is could you enlarge the default numbers a bit more? They appear rather small on the hit objects, and I can't see them very well.
Akama_old
Awesome skin now my main skin ^^
Topic Starter
BoredPotato

10crystalmask01 wrote:

Only thing I'd request is could you enlarge the default numbers a bit more? They appear rather small on the hit objects, and I can't see them very well.
Is it too small? I can add a larger version (or I might make a new one) in the next update.

I'll do that. :D Just wait for the next update.

Akama wrote:

Glad you liked it. :D Thanks for using my skin.
Topic Starter
BoredPotato

BoredPotato wrote:

10crystalmask01 wrote:

Is it too small? I can add a larger version (or I might make a new one) in the next update.

I'll do that. :D Just wait for the next update.

Akama wrote:

Glad you liked it. :D Thanks for using my skin.
^Regarding the numbers, the larger versions of the default numbers are now in the Extras folder in the update I posted.
Topic Starter
BoredPotato
bump.
I'd like some feedback so that I know what to do so that I can improve my skin.
Thanks! :D
gigaiDX
I have done a bit of modification myself with sounds and graphics just for personal tastes.

I'm not sure if many people have a problem with it but I noticed the spinner bonus sound was very loud and (I think) slightly delayed. Also the count1, count2 and count3 sounds were (I think) a bit quiet and also delayed too or at least too slow when it came to more faster songs that had a count-in.
You might want to consider making the spinner circle and spinner approach circle just a bit more sharper (I assume you scaled them up while leaving anti-aliasing on). Same thing with the section pass and section fail images as they could be a lot more sharper.

Other than that, you've done a great job with the skin :)
nat2011
what about mania mode
Qerewe
The file has been removed. :o
Ksardas

QereweYT wrote:

The file has been removed. :o
same
Slazy
I used to own this and it's so sad the download link is the reason for it's downfall. c'est la vie
Topic Starter
BoredPotato
dfgjasdhejd I didn't think that people would still look at this thread after two years. I've been very inactive as of late (because of school) and only noticed that the download link was down today. Thank you for the feedback so far, I really appreciate it!

Unfortunately, the laptop I used to make this skin on had a problem with its hard drive a year ago and since then it has just been a useless chunk of metal in my room. I've also searched for the .osk and .zip files of it on my box and other cloud accounts and I think I may have accidentally deleted/overwritten the files with something else. :cry:

But if there is a high demand for the download, I can revamp this pixel skin entirely and make a V3 (Still without mania, I really don't know how to make a skin for that mode + taiko mascot. But if someone could teach me or something, I'd be grateful) since it's summer for me right now (I finally have free time yay) and I believe my designing abilities have improved by a lot, so it might be a lot better than before if you guys would like me to revamp it as the files are unrecoverable.

((If someone right now still has the zip or osk file though, I'd really appreciate it if you could upload it and put a link here for everyone else.))
Slazy
Actually I have an image of my old computer when I used to have this skin. I found the image last night and if I can restore it correctly I may have the osk file, I'll see what I can do
xHeke
Hello I like this skin if someone can upload it'll be very cool :3
Topic Starter
BoredPotato

Tobik wrote:

Actually I have an image of my old computer when I used to have this skin. I found the image last night and if I can restore it correctly I may have the osk file, I'll see what I can do
Alright, thanks so much! I'll also see if I can revamp and create a V3 from scratch while you're at it. :)
shawchaneo
I'd also love to have that skin!
vbn237jr
I really want the skin so bad can't wait for the release ! :D
Topic Starter
BoredPotato
Just so you guys are informed: I am currently creating a V3 for this skin and hopefully be done within this month. The skin will also come in HD when it's released and it might look vastly different from the previous versions.
show more