forum

Pokemon X & Y thread - Age of the PokéBank

posted
Total Posts
show more
Soaprman
I actually did notice it the first time I played...
Ekaru

Soaprman wrote:

I actually did notice it the first time I played...
omg you are actually observant what a noob
Sapphiire_old_1
from where is the right pic ?
NaomiMinette

SoG Tava wrote:

from where is the right pic ?
That's Santalune Forest (AKA this Gen's Viridian Forest).
mm201
I noticed they were similar, "GF's out of ideas," etc. but I didn't think they were identical...
Rorona
I wouldn't quite say you'd be running out of ideas if you used the same map as a previous game. I think it was just a nod to the players who would notice saying like "Hey! We remember." Or at least something like that.
DestinySonata
even playing the first gen, second gen and their remakes, i still didn't spot that.
must be because i was too busy actually playing the game. and i never went back there to see
mm201

Rorona wrote:

I wouldn't quite say you'd be running out of ideas if you used the same map as a previous game. I think it was just a nod to the players who would notice saying like "Hey! We remember." Or at least something like that.
That's the difference between similar and identical. Identical would be an appeal to nostalgia, whereas similar would mean they couldn't think of a better design. I mistook which it was.
DestinySonata
I always wondered...
In Pokebank, gen 5 is blocked from it and can only transfer to it and not back. Gen 6 can use it transfer to it and take it back as well. When gen 7 comes, how will Pokebank be? Will gen 6 be introduced to limits such as only being able to use boxes 1-10 (whilst gen 7 can use the rest)? Or will gen 6 see gen 7 pokemon as ? Pokemon that cannot be transferred?
it is mind boggling! lol
rust45
Possibly be similar to how the time capsule in Gen II worked which only allowed you to send back Gen I pokemon that didn't know any Gen II moves.
DestinySonata

rust45 wrote:

Possibly be similar to how the time capsule in Gen II worked which only allowed you to send back Gen I pokemon that didn't know any Gen II moves.
Ah, that would make sense
mm201

DestinySonata wrote:

I always wondered...
In Pokebank, gen 5 is blocked from it and can only transfer to it and not back. Gen 6 can use it transfer to it and take it back as well. When gen 7 comes, how will Pokebank be? Will gen 6 be introduced to limits such as only being able to use boxes 1-10 (whilst gen 7 can use the rest)? Or will gen 6 see gen 7 pokemon as ? Pokemon that cannot be transferred?
it is mind boggling! lol
When they were trying to excuse all the restrictions in place on Pokebank, one of the things they said is that they plan for it to be a very long-term service. It seems likely they'll go the time capsule route at the very least.
NaomiMinette
I'm sorry, but I just can't see a Gen 7 happening... They've GOT to be running out of ideas by now.
mm201

Blazevoir wrote:

I'm sorry, but I just can't see a Gen 7 happening... They've GOT to be running out of ideas by now.
People say that every generation. Literally. And they're proven wrong every time. :P

(And even if they ran out of ideas, there's too much money to be made to just quit. Even a generation with, say, 50 new Pokémon would sell really well if there's a good region design behind it, and believe me, they haven't come anywhere near to exhausting region design ideas.)
Sapphiire_old_1

Blazevoir wrote:

Honestly i don't even want a 7th gen i still buy the new pokemon games when they come out but i kinda lost my passion from pokemon since gen 4

I would be so much more happier if they make a gen 3 remake that would be awsome
NaomiMinette

mm201 wrote:

People say that every generation. Literally. And they're proven wrong every time. :P

(And even if they ran out of ideas, there's too much money to be made to just quit. Even a generation with, say, 50 new Pokémon would sell really well if there's a good region design behind it, and believe me, they haven't come anywhere near to exhausting region design ideas.)
I'm being serious this time, though. The past Gens I didn't care either way, but this time... Like seriously, wtf @ Klefki.

SoG Tava wrote:

I would be so much more happier if they make a gen 3 remake that would be awsome
As long as others' Secret Bases are accessible not just by Streetpass but also Spotpass/online mixing records, I'm not complaining :P
Sapphiire_old_1

I know those are fanmade but those are so nice :)
NaomiMinette
Oh wow... though I think if Gen III remakes were made, they'd probably use Gen VI's style.
Ekaru

Blazevoir wrote:

Like seriously, wtf @ Klefki.
Klefki's one of my favorite designs this gen. Yes, it's based off of a keychain. That is what's so cool about it. They took an inanimate object and made it into a steel fairy cutie with a sensible explanation for why it has keys.
Sapphiire_old_1

Ekaru wrote:

Blazevoir wrote:

Klefki's one of my favorite designs this gen. Yes, it's based off of a keychain. That is what's so cool about it. They took an inanimate object and made it into a steel fairy cutie with a sensible explanation for why it has keys.
Aye i agree every gen has his wtf pokemon and tbh i kinda like klefki its cute

Gen 1 : Almost all of them were unoriginal in a way. If you look at it, they're just recolored animals for the most part, although we still love them all. However, Seel has to take the crown here. I mean, it's a seal... named seel. WTF.

Gen2:Stantler. I guarantee that gen2 was the least memorable of them all.

Gen3: Gen3 had a lot of weird shit come out of it. That being said, out of the 135 new pokemon they introduced, only 2 were additions to previous generation pokemon lines (if I'm not forgetting something). The other 133 pokemon were completely new, which is a lot of completely original pokemon lines, making it one of the more creative of the series. I mean, a lot of people complain about the 3rd generation, but 95% of those complains is because they couldn't trade with their GameBoy Pokemon games. That's it. However, my main beef with the 3rd gen games is the staggering number of water pokemon in the game. Sure, it makes sense, seeing how Hoenn is a series of islands (the kyuushuu islands to be exact). But they do get annoying. I don't like Zangoose. I mean, I know it's supposed to be a mongoose, but still... what were they thinking when they drew it?

Gen4: The series of family extensions. Porygon-Z. Just in cause Porygon2 wasn't annoying enough, we make it stronger and move the body parts about so they look all fancy and newage. Win? I think not.

Gen5: i don't even want to talk about this gen ...
mathexpert
Yeah, I really love klefki as well <3

DestinySonata

Blazevoir wrote:

I absolutely love Klefki. That keychain's a beast in battles
Faust

SoG Tava wrote:

I don't like Zangoose. I mean, I know it's supposed to be a mongoose, but still... what were they thinking when they drew it?
Kratos, perhaps.
NaomiMinette

DestinySonata wrote:

Meh... I usually care about appearance before their stats/moves...
DestinySonata

Blazevoir wrote:

DestinySonata wrote:

Meh... I usually care about appearance before their stats/moves...
I guess in terms of look it's pretty average
Stefan
Garbodor the worst.
NaomiMinette

Stefan wrote:

Garbodor the worst.
Definitely would have to agree there.
Rorona
I think Dragagale is pretty terrible.

It might not be so much the design, but the polygons...I thought it looked like a string the first time I fished one out :?
Sapphiire_old_1

Stefan wrote:

Garbodor the worst.
Aye but in general gen5 is by far the worst gen ( in my opinion tho)
Ekaru

SoG Tava wrote:

Stefan wrote:

Garbodor the worst.

Blazevoir wrote:

Stefan wrote:

Garbodor the worst.
Definitely would have to agree there.
You guys have horrible taste.
NaomiMinette
If it helps any, I'll list my (most) faves of each Gen going STRICTLY by looks:
  1. Gen 1: Eevee
  2. Gen 2: Lugia
  3. Gen 3: Milotic
  4. Gen 4: Lucario
  5. Gen 5: Samurott
  6. Gen 6: Braixen
(Actually, I should try making an actual team out of this... Hmm...)
DestinySonata

SoG Tava wrote:

Stefan wrote:

Garbodor the worst.
In Pokemon design yeah, it was the worst. In gameplay, it was the best.
NaomiMinette

Serebii wrote:

Pokémon X & Y - Electabuzz & Magmar Code

For those of you in the UK, it has been announced by MCV that from this Friday, April 4th 2014, players of Pokémon X & Pokémon Y will be able to go to GAME stores and receive a Serial Code for Magmar for Pokémon X & Electabuzz for Pokémon Y. No purchase is necessary for this, you just have to ask the staff for the code. It is not known if these Pokémon have anything special. We'll bring more as it comes.
Edit @ 11:18: The Magmar will be holding a Magmarizer while the Electabuzz will be holding the Electirizer
Edit @ 13:32: This event will also run at the retailer Game Mania in the Netherlands from April 14th to April 30th
Edit @ 14:04: Full details have been given. Both Pokémon will be Level 30. Electabuzz has the ability Vital Spirit and the moves Low Kick, Shock Wave, Light Screen & Thunder Punch. Magmar has the ability Vital Spirit and the moves Smokescreen, Fire Spin, Confuse Ray & Fire Punch. The download has to take place before September 30th
Edit @ 14:06: In addition to this, it has been confirmed that FNAC stores in Portugal will run the event from April 14th to June 1st and EB Games, JB Hifi & Target stores in Australia will run it from April 11th to May 11th
Edit @ 14:14: Confirmed for Spain from April 14 to June 1 in Blade Center, Cadena Fnac, Canal Ocio, Carrefour, El Corte Inglés, GAME, GameStop, GAMESTORE, HIPERCOR, Media Markt, TOYS R US, Worten, Alcampo, Eroski stores, France in GAME from April 14, FNAC in Belgium from April 14 to April 30. In Germany it's in Gamestop, Toys r Us, Müller, Karstadt, MediMax, flashpoint stores from April 14 and will run in Italy from April 14th
Topic Starter
deadbeat

Blazevoir wrote:

Serebii wrote:

Edit @ 14:06: In addition to this, it has been confirmed that FNAC stores in Portugal will run the event from April 14th to June 1st and EB Games, JB Hifi & Target stores in Australia will run it from April 11th to May 11th
sweet \:D/
Stefan
My Luck living in austria. :c
Ekaru
Just in case this comes up, please note that the Australian Target has nothing to do with the American Target. Yes, they are entirely separate franchises, and yes, it's really silly.
NaomiMinette

Serebii wrote:

Pokémon - CoroCoro Reveals

The next batch of CoroCoro information has been posted to Japanese forums and this batch showcases more information about the upcoming movie, Diancie & the Cocoon of Destruction. This reveals the details of the Diancie event. It will be distributed in theates in Japan from July 19th to September 30th. Diancie is Level 50 and has the moves Diamond Storm, Reflect, Moonblast and Return. It's holding a Normal Gem. We'll bring more details as it comes.
Eh... why a Normal Gem...
Topic Starter
deadbeat
wait, so only people in japan can get it?
or am i reading this wrong?
NaomiMinette
As far as I know, yeah. We'll probably get it in some form of distribution as well; the question is when...
mathexpert
shouldn't it be holding a .. fairy gem or something?
show more