forum

osu!tablet feedback

posted
Total Posts
show more
FabulousCupcake

[ Stellar ] wrote:

Oinari-sama wrote:

Got these right angle adaptors in mail today. I've been using the tablet very close to my keyboard (ie the cable is bent almost 90 degrees all the time) and hopefully these adaptors can make my cable last longer.

Where did you buy these? I would like to order one ^^"
I found 3 in Amazon~
[ Stellar ]
Thankyou so much :D
Oinari-sama

[ Stellar ] wrote:

Oinari-sama wrote:

Got these right angle adaptors in mail today. I've been using the tablet very close to my keyboard (ie the cable is bent almost 90 degrees all the time) and hopefully these adaptors can make my cable last longer.

Where did you buy these? I would like to order one ^^"
I got mine on eBay for $1 each. They're shipped from China/HK so the wait is quite long; Amazon is great for those live in the US.
Ven

s4nji wrote:

It's been over 1 week in "Retention" :(
Haven't received the item or anything regarding the tablet... :|
Retention means they're holding it at the post office because of a failed delivery.

Phone them up with your tracking number.
FabulousCupcake

Kyon wrote:

s4nji wrote:

It's been over 1 week in "Retention" :(
Haven't received the item or anything regarding the tablet... :|
Retention means they're holding it at the post office because of a failed delivery.

Phone them up with your tracking number.
Yes, I have received the tablet, check my post above :D
alexho225
Um....peppy
You said that you will sell 200 more tablet almost a month ago
But until now....
FabulousCupcake

alexho225 wrote:

Um....peppy
But until now....
Afaik, there were 2 batches of ±200 tablets, I guess the one you said he promised is the current one you can see in the tablet order page, which has sold out. :?
alexho225
I know there has been a few time he add 200 more tablet
But I'm pretty sure that the latest one has not started selling until now
ErunamoJAZZ

alexho225 wrote:

Um....peppy
But until now....
pls... read to peppy: https://twitter.com/pepppppy/status/437679696637992960
[ Stellar ]

ErunamoJAZZ wrote:

alexho225 wrote:

Um....peppy
But until now....
So glad I got mine before stock ran out =.=
alexho225

ErunamoJAZZ wrote:

alexho225 wrote:

Um....peppy
But until now....

Thx for replying me
I didn't notice that as i dont have a twitter account :(
alexho225
Well....
Peppy has finally update already
But it is only available to japanese....sad
Hope next batch will be available for hk
Yukiteru Amano
I hope more tablets will be available soon! I really want one ;S
_darkcrox_

Yukiteru Amano wrote:

I hope more tablets will be available soon! I really want one ;S
Me too ;-;
finally right now I have enough money to buy Osu!Tablet :c
Myrmeleo
The tablet is nice~!

One question though, since Osu! has support with the tablet, will the same thing happen with a huion H420 since they are almost the same thing?
peppy
yes
Synchrostar

Izzypookins wrote:

Synchrostar wrote:

welp driver wont install properly if you have wacom drivers on your pc at the same time lel, took me about 2h to figure that out.

does any1 know where the settings file is located?
Just wanted to say that this must not be a problem for everyone because it worked fine for me.

I literally had my Bamboo and the osu! tablet running at the same time with no problems.
sure they can run at the same time, but with my wacom drivers installed the huion one gets removed so i cant adjust the area of my h420
Izzypookins

Synchrostar wrote:

Izzypookins wrote:

Just wanted to say that this must not be a problem for everyone because it worked fine for me.

I literally had my Bamboo and the osu! tablet running at the same time with no problems.
sure they can run at the same time, but with my wacom drivers installed the huion one gets removed so i cant adjust the area of my h420
That doesn't make sense. The drivers for the wacom tablet and the huion tablet are two different drivers. They both use a different utility to configure the tablet, and both of them are in the control panel.

Installing wacom drivers will not remove the huion drivers and vice versa.
Izzypookins
I've seen pictures of people with osu! tablets that have some kind of protective film over them. Where are you guys getting that from? I scratched the top of my Bamboo and it really bugs me (I don't hover). I wanted to get another osu! tablet for myself when they come back in stock and want to protect this one.
peppy
The osu! tablet supports raw input without any drivers. You can set the region by adjusting your in-game sensitivity.
Oinari-sama

Izzypookins wrote:

I've seen pictures of people with osu! tablets that have some kind of protective film over them. Where are you guys getting that from? I scratched the top of my Bamboo and it really bugs me (I don't hover). I wanted to get another osu! tablet for myself when they come back in stock and want to protect this one.
I bought those cheap screen protectors for large phones (eg Samsung i9500) on eBay. It works quite well on osu tablets.
Espionage724
osu!tablet/Huion H420 (probably other Huion tablets also) can work fine under Linux upon installing the driver found here: https://github.com/DIGImend/huion-driver

According to my earlier feedback, it would seem the tablet "can" work fine as-is without the driver, but I wasn't able to reproduce such results. The problem is, is that the tablet ended up being mapped to a small section at the top-left of my screen, on two different computers, with two different distros (openSUSE 13.1, Xubuntu 13.10, and Xubuntu 14.04).
ErunamoJAZZ

Espionage724 wrote:

osu!tablet/Huion H420 (probably other Huion tablets also) can work fine under Linux upon installing the driver found here: https://github.com/DIGImend/huion-driver

According to my earlier feedback, it would seem the tablet "can" work fine as-is without the driver, but I wasn't able to reproduce such results. The problem is, is that the tablet ended up being mapped to a small section at the top-left of my screen, on two different computers, with two different distros (openSUSE 13.1, Xubuntu 13.10, and Xubuntu 14.04).
Very thx Espionage, this was very helpful :)
Myrmeleo
After 4 months of tablet usage, the cursor seems to start screwing with me. I would be touching the pen onto the tablet, and the cursor would skip, or sometimes not even move. It is really noticeable in spinners and sliders.

Is this a regular problem? Or is it just my tablet specifically?
mockingod
Have you tried changing out the battery or cable? My tablet seems fine so far, and it was from one of the very first batches. It (very rarely) will 'die' out for a few milliseconds and causes me to mess up in a song. It isn't enough to make me super mad, and I'm pretty sure it's due to my cable being a bit faulty. I'm also thinking it might be the battery in the pen maybe somehow jiggling out of place momentarily.

I'd suggest trying a different cable first, though. The first cable I had, that came with the tablet, would give the tablet power only if it was in a certain position, then would disconnect if I tried doing anything. I snipped the cable and cut out which part I thought was bad (I jiggled my wire a lot and saw that if I jiggled this certain section it would disconnect/connect) and taped the wires inside back together and it worked perfectly fine (though it would disconnect if any of the wires touched each other. Understandable). Of course this was only a temporary fix until I got a replacement cable.
ShiraiiiKuroko

mockingod wrote:

Have you tried changing out the battery or cable? My tablet seems fine so far, and it was from one of the very first batches. It (very rarely) will 'die' out for a few milliseconds and causes me to mess up in a song. It isn't enough to make me super mad, and I'm pretty sure it's due to my cable being a bit faulty. I'm also thinking it might be the battery in the pen maybe somehow jiggling out of place momentarily.

I'd suggest trying a different cable first, though. The first cable I had, that came with the tablet, would give the tablet power only if it was in a certain position, then would disconnect if I tried doing anything. I snipped the cable and cut out which part I thought was bad (I jiggled my wire a lot and saw that if I jiggled this certain section it would disconnect/connect) and taped the wires inside back together and it worked perfectly fine (though it would disconnect if any of the wires touched each other. Understandable). Of course this was only a temporary fix until I got a replacement cable.
What's a good replacement cable for this tablet? It's been working fine all this time, but today when i connected it to my laptop it didn't turn on at all. I'm on Windows 8.1 Update 1 x64. After updating it still worked fine, I've tried it, so it can't be a compatibility issue. i've switched the battery too and nothing. And i actually have the same problem you used to have.

Oh, and i forgot to mention, yes i have tried putting it in certain positions so it can work and I tried reinstalling the drivers. Nothing came out of those two.
mockingod
Your problem sounds much like mine. However, mine would blink a few times when I plugged it in, then stop working.

I believe the type of cable that the tablet uses is called a USB A to Micro B cable. You can find these on google and such, but a lot of things use these cables; I believe some cameras and cell phone chargers use these cables, so you may want to check your drawer full of cables if you have one.

If it still doesn't work, then you might have either found another cable that was broken or your tablet is out of commission.
DeamonHunter

mockingod wrote:

Your problem sounds much like mine. However, mine would blink a few times when I plugged it in, then stop working.

I believe the type of cable that the tablet uses is called a USB A to Micro B cable. You can find these on google and such, but a lot of things use these cables; I believe some cameras and cell phone chargers use these cables, so you may want to check your drawer full of cables if you have one.

If it still doesn't work, then you might have either found another cable that was broken or your tablet is out of commission.
Not necessarily.

Recently I've had a few issues, generally when moving the tablet. The tablet stop responding and either needs one of two things, 1. Take out usb port long enough for driver to stop or 2. Restart comp cause driver won't stop. However these are minor, and the tablet works fine anyway.

After looking at this thread earlier, I thought to try and see if a random USB to Micro USB cable would work, however it did not. It would receive power but not respond. It may still be a good thing to try if the cable has gone entirely.
ErunamoJAZZ
or.. is a pen issue... maybe...
ShiraiiiKuroko

mockingod wrote:

I had this too! Hopefully it's just a cable issue. Thanks! ^^
DeamonHunter
Ok, well I have another problem now.
I just had my pen nib jammed up into my pen (Probably due to moving it around, car trips etc). So I had to take time to try and get it out. Upon getting it out and replacing it with another nib, I tried it out. My tablet was then recognising clicks when the pen was half a centimeter(not the full distance that it can detect) away from the tablet. This made it extremely difficult to do anything. It still did this after removing the nib.

After deliberating for a bit, I managed to get it down to about 2-4mm. But I am wondering whether or not this can be fixed, or will I need a new pen to fix this.
Myrmeleo

DeamonHunter11 wrote:

Ok, well I have another problem now.
I just had my pen nib jammed up into my pen (Probably due to moving it around, car trips etc). So I had to take time to try and get it out. Upon getting it out and replacing it with another nib, I tried it out. My tablet was then recognising clicks when the pen was half a centimeter(not the full distance that it can detect) away from the tablet. This made it extremely difficult to do anything. It still did this after removing the nib.

After deliberating for a bit, I managed to get it down to about 2-4mm. But I am wondering whether or not this can be fixed, or will I need a new pen to fix this.
I've managed to do this before, but mine was worse. I ended up just shaking the heck out of the pen till everything got re aligned, and it started working perfectly.

However, on my previous problem, I switched out the battery, and it seemed to have gotten worse. Next bet is to try and switch out the cable.
Espionage724

On my tablet, I noticed that I have a ton of scratches all focused in an area that's basically towards the middle-right of the tablet's drawing area. Anyone else have such a thing happening?

It's not a (huge) problem, I just found it kind of interesting.
Otsutsuki_old

Espionage724 wrote:

On my tablet, I noticed that I have a ton of scratches all focused in an area that's basically towards the middle-right of the tablet's drawing area. Anyone else have such a thing happening?

It's not a (huge) problem, I just found it kind of interesting.
you can just hover or get the cover for it...
ShiraiiiKuroko

mockingod wrote:

I got the cable you recommended me, it wasn't it.

It's actually a USB A to Mini B Cable.
It fits the tablet and now it works perfectly.
You should fix that small mistake.

Also, just in case anybody is wondering, i bought this cable:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E9I ... UTF8&psc=1
Cheap but it works.
mockingod
Sorry, I realized I posted the wrong thing a bit after, and couldnt get to changing it because I had a trip to attend.
thedarkjack
aaaand the usb cable broke. other than that it's a nice tablet though. just seems like the cable is complete trash.
peppy
Were you moving the device around a lot and/or plugging it in a lot? I haven't had any issues with the few I've had floating around the office here, so am a bit surprised. At least it's a very easy part to replace.
Vuelo Eluko
Fragile cables seem to be a thematic thing for graphic tablets. Wacom Bamboo's all have the same fault. I guess noone ever thinks they need to be tougher and so they're all cell phone charging wire levels of durable.
thedarkjack

peppy wrote:

Were you moving the device around a lot and/or plugging it in a lot? I haven't had any issues with the few I've had floating around the office here, so am a bit surprised. At least it's a very easy part to replace.

nope. always handled the cable with care, never plugged it out. apparently it broke very near to the mini b plug. if I move the cable around that area the tablet "works" again. and by "works" I mean it stops working as soon as the cable moves :)

I'll just get a new cable. not a big deal.
show more