forum

Headphone help? Not sure if it's just the headphones or...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Maz
Hello, I need help with another thing now. I will explain the problem as best I can, so hopefully it can be answered. I have tried to do a couple of things to try and fix them, but as far as I can see, it isn't working.

So pretty much the mic is weird. It picks up my voice fine, but there is always a loud crackle noise behind, I can describe it as when you try to watch cable television without cable and the snowy white and black thing makes that loud noise, but its softer. Also there is a screeching thing too. It isn't as loud as my voice, but I can still hear it. When I use skype it crackles less, but any type of recording with fraps and my camera is not really recordable, and I was just about to make an update video for my youtube too. I tried to move the mic farther away from my face, but it didn't make much difference. When you cover the mic so no sound can be heard when you speak, the crackling still appears

I have Razor Krakens by the way, if that makes a difference.

Anyways, I will be trying to fix this also, I'm not some lost puppy in the woods, and if I actually get it I will say.

Thanks!
Lewder

Mazdamaxsti wrote:

Razer
I found the issue
also contact them before asking us
Topic Starter
Maz

Lewder wrote:

Mazdamaxsti wrote:

Razer
I found the issue
Yeah I think I should, I was just hoping that it would *hopefully* be so easy and make me feel like an idiot, and being told that by a big company is worse than some friendly osu players, y'know?

Can you recommend any headphones? Don't recommend Turtle Beach please.
Kitsunemimi

Lewder wrote:

Mazdamaxsti wrote:

Razer
I found the issue
Pretty much this. Just RMA your headphones.
Topic Starter
Maz

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Pretty much this. Just RMA your headphones.
What should I get though? And I also don't think I got a warranty, but I might have.
Lewder

Mazdamaxsti wrote:

I was just hoping that it would *hopefully* be so easy and make me feel like an idiot, and being told that by a big company is worse than some friendly osu players, y'know?
We're friendly?

Mazdamaxsti wrote:

Present your budget and if someone recommends Razer, Steelseries or Roccat; laugh at them and move on to the next person
Topic Starter
Maz

Lewder wrote:

Mazdamaxsti wrote:

I was just hoping that it would *hopefully* be so easy and make me feel like an idiot, and being told that by a big company is worse than some friendly osu players, y'know?
We're friendly?

Mazdamaxsti wrote:

Present your budget
Maybe 50 - 100, preferably not too cheap or nor too expensive.
P r o m i s e s
If you care about the mic then I'd suggest going for the Cruiser PC200 by GamesterGear. It's about $60 - $70. I've seen some pro streamers use those headsets and the quality is beyond amazing.
By the way, I'm using a Razer headset too (Razer Tiamat 7.1). I regret the decision I made of buying this headset. The headsets they make just suck.
Topic Starter
Maz

P r o m i s e s wrote:

If you care about the mic then I'd suggest going for the Cruiser PC200 by GamesterGear. It's about $60 - $70. I've seen some pro streamers use those headsets and the quality is beyond amazing.
By the way, I'm using a Razer headset too (Razer Tiamat 7.1). I regret the decision I made of buying this headset. The headsets they make just suck.
I do too. Added to that, the contact us in support is utter bull shit. It asks what the frickin S/N is. WTH? I don't keep the box or memorize any numbers.

Is the Cruiser PC200 good quality sound too?
Wojjan
I'm using plantronics which I bought just for the name.
loldcraft
"gaming headsets" look like a scam to me. I'd just stick with headphones manufactured for sound quality, and buy a mic seperately.

Most headphones come with a basic mic nowadays anyway. and i'm pretty damn sure a headset meant for good sounding music would help in osu more than a headset meant to "allow you to hear where footsteps are coming from" more easily. plus, thats mostly software dynamic range compression/surround sound so i doubt there's actually a difference hardwareside.

Get headphones, at least you can bring them around and use them with other things.
B1rd
Headphones may have generally better sound on average than gimmicky 'gaming' headsets, but it's not like a bundled microphone somehow reduces sound quality. It's quite inconvenient buying a microphone separately, I bought Steelseries Siberia V2 headset for $110 AUD, great sound quality, comfortable, modular cable and a completely retractable microphone.
Lewder

loldcraft wrote:

"gaming headsets" look like a scam to me. I'd just stick with headphones manufactured for sound quality, and buy a mic seperately.

Most headphones come with a basic mic nowadays anyway. and i'm pretty damn sure a headset meant for good sounding music would help in osu more than a headset meant to "allow you to hear where footsteps are coming from" more easily. plus, thats mostly software dynamic range compression/surround sound so i doubt there's actually a difference hardwareside.

Get headphones, at least you can bring them around and use them with other things.
I'm doing this very soon, it's been on my shopping list for a while. I'm getting a pair of Superlux HD-668 B headphones and a t.bone SC 440 USB microphone, it's almost purely because I sleep with my headset on and the microphone is damaged by it. Also because I broke my old headset.
Shohei Ohtani
Headphones with mics are super useful if you plan on moving around a lot. When I got my laptop in June, it sucked having to drag around my mic in my laptop bag. Same reason why I got a wireless mouse (especially because I don't play osu! like hahaha)

I used a logitech microphone before I got my headset. It's super cheap but the mic quality is good enough unless you're super pissy about sound quality. It picks up a LOT, though, so you'll either have to make it super unsensitive, or you'll just have to make sure your area isn't too loud. It's pretty cheap too.

Unless you get a massive hard on for spending money, then go ahead and get some super expensive external mic.
Vish024
Got plantronics myself because they're relatively cheap. Not too fussed over quality to be honest, it's all the same to me. As long it's not completely rubbish, delivers my voice audibly and doesn't create too much disturbance I couldn't care less.
MrBakpao
i'm using a siberia v2 with no soundcard, it's just comfortable headset. Actually it's better for fps gameplay.
if you want to hear for better music maybe beats studio, but you can get 3 siberia for 1 beats studio
laport
Kitsunemimi

malvin98 wrote:

if you want to hear for better music maybe beats studio
I lol'd.
UnderminE
i am using my usb webcam's mic

it's horrible.
loldcraft

Kitsunemimi wrote:

malvin98 wrote:

if you want to hear for better branding maybe beats studio
I lol'd.
fix'd

UnderminE wrote:

i am using my usb webcam's mic

it's horrible.
usb isn't the best thing for sound when its shared with another bandwith consuming thing. Try getting microphones that plug into the 3.5mm jack
(if you want i can post a picture of mine)
UnderminE

loldcraft wrote:

Try getting microphones that plug into the 3.5mm jack
(if you want i can post a picture of mine)
Well that webcam has 1 usb and 1 3.5mm jack actually.