forum

League of Legends

posted
Total Posts
show more
Vulf
If you want to hard carry as a top laner you need to play something that can split push very well, snowballs, or take teleport and make plays. Half the time getting fed in that lane isn't good enough.

Jungle is definitely the best role if you want a lot of influence on your team.

or

Not being mean, but it's possible that bronze is your skill level. Also stop blaming your losses purely on your team. I suggest getting lolrecorder or baronreplays and watching your games to see what you can improve on.
TKiller
Well, like I was saying few days ago, some games you just can't win when your team drags you down so hard it's unbearable.

But in bronze specifically people struggle at closing games, I had some with enemy team having more than 30 kills lead and still won those stalling at some point.

Of course, it won't happen every time but in the big picture it should be possible in a plenty of matches that seem lost.
Justykanna

Vulf wrote:

I suggest getting lolrecorder or baronreplays and watching your games to see what you can improve on.
Does Lolrecorder work? I got it a patch or two ago and it kept making my game crash as the loading screen would try and load. =s
(I assume it works with any OS?)

TKiller wrote:

But in bronze specifically people struggle at closing games
I'd agree with this. Was in Bronze last season and I found that happened reasonably often. I'm in Silver and find teams still struggle with this (myself included).
TKiller
Soloq likes to struggle with closing games in general, it's just that in bronze it's that much of an issue and you can prolong games almost indefinitely given you're better than opponents.
GeeNX

BrokenArrow wrote:

If it cheers you up, let me tell you Silver and Gold are exactly the same, if not worse.
Platinum and Diamond are the same, while you climb the ladder you notice few differences like

Jungler ganking top min ~ 10:
Bronze: 2vs1 noob, come 1vs1
Silver: Useless jungler, always good one enemy team
Gold: My jungler doesn't help me so I afk top, gl team
Platinum: Other lanes can push safe because jungler it's top
Diamond: Let's do drake, it's free (unless your adc prefers farm and you tank the drake so much and just end up in a disaster)

More or less, even though I've been never in bronze, but I believe it's something like that
Vulf

Justykanna wrote:

Does Lolrecorder work? I got it a patch or two ago and it kept making my game crash as the loading screen would try and load. =s
(I assume it works with any OS?)
I stopped using lolrecorder around the time summoners rift got it's first VU. Wouldn't work half the time and would crash me if it decided to work, but one of my friends still uses it and he says he rarely has problems with it.

I use baronreplays and it has never given me any problems. Here is a link if anyone is interested http://ahri.tw/en/

Why doesn't league have their own replay system yet? The one on the PBE works fine. It's kinda sad that games like Smite have a good replay system before it's even out of beta. Meanwhile league...
Witch Mercy
New varus skin! <3
He's so fun =w=
Zeraph
>completely disregarding Ryze being used top in previous seasons of professional play and still teams not having that much trouble with him unless they were just outclassed as a team
also
>referring to NA LCS like it's any good at all.
my sides.
VoidnOwO
:oops:
Vulf
They are finally nerfing lifesteal quints. Not sure why it took them so long.
Glass

Zeraph wrote:

>completely disregarding Ryze being used top in previous seasons of professional play and still teams not having that much trouble with him unless they were just outclassed as a team
also
>referring to NA LCS like it's any good at all.
my sides.
>implying previous seasons are any indication of current balance(read: CURRENT balance)
>LELELE DAE KR > EU > NA? XDDDDDDDDDDD
>mfw this moron still thinks competitive play applies to solo queue thus Ryze top is not ridiculous. LOL JUST 5MAN GANK RYZE AT 10 MINS LIKE SKT1K AND HE'S NOT AN ISSUE :^)

based retard
Vulf
If I could play solo queue like pre-made 5's then I'd probably do it more often.
P r o m i s e s

BRBP wrote:

Our Caitlyn started flaming everyone when we lost an inhib. We asked her why she was in top lane instead of helping us:
"I am farming, not looking at radar lol. Why don't you noobs ping if there is a teamfight?".

Silver is fun.
Unfortunately, I have the exact same problem.
Aoriki

BRBP wrote:

Our Caitlyn started flaming everyone when we lost an inhib. We asked her why she was in top lane instead of helping us:
"I am farming, not looking at radar lol. Why don't you noobs ping if there is a teamfight?".
It's the same with any normal/rank game. You run into those people who just give up too quickly and with no hope in winning the game. Which causes them to lose for the rest of us. Hell, I've come cross those type of people in a normal and they just continue to feed since it's 'our fault' we're losing....
GeeNX
I don't know if you already saw this, but this video is awesome xd

TKiller

Vulf wrote:

They are finally nerfing lifesteal quints. Not sure why it took them so long.
Gonna hurt me a bit. I use them a lot as whole 3 set.
Sapphiire_old_1

GeeNX wrote:

I don't know if you already saw this, but this video is awesome xd

hehe awsome #respect for the dude
BrokenArrow

14 minutes game, magic pen wins games :D
Vulf

TKiller wrote:

Gonna hurt me a bit. I use them a lot as whole 3 set.
They needed to be nerfed awhile back, but idk about now since they are no where near as big of a problem as they used to be. That would be like them deciding to nerf Mundo when he is already being phased out of top lane due to indirect nerfs.

I do like the rune changes for the most part though. Armor seals will still pretty much be the same since they buffed champions base armor by 4. Flat health seals might be worth picking up against certain lane matchups now.
Dumie
New patch, R.I.P. Kassadins :DDDD
P r o m i s e s
Rune nerfs lol.
League of Late Game Tanks.
TKiller
I just realised that 4 armor patch will break Ziggs.

Not like it's a major change, but it's more like a final nail.
Vulf

P r o m i s e s wrote:

Rune nerfs lol.
League of Late Game Tanks.
Running a full set of scaling seals both HP or Armor will still be dangerous in most matchups (1-2 junglers being the exception here). The flat HP seals are the real big change here. Nothing really changes with the flat armor seals since they +4'd everyones armor so you would still have the same total value as you do pre-nerf.

Now you can start mixing seals. I'm going to start running a mixture of both flat armor and flat HP seals. 3 flat hp seals almost equals a HP quint with the buff.

As of right now flat armor seals pretty much always beats every other seal in most matchups. I'm kinda glad riot is changing this just like they did with the flat MR glyphs back in season 2.
Sapphiire_old_1
i've found out i can easely carry with leona/thresh maybe i should consider maining support , also got to bronze 1 yesterday and i have 51 lp atm silver here i come :)

Aoriki
So, reading up and was told about this as well that they are going to nerf the range on Pantheon's ult....Welp!
Cyclohexane

TKiller wrote:

I wouldn't say silver and gold are the same as bronze. Can't kinda put it into words at the moment, but I disagree.

If I had to name division tiers based on my own experience, it'd go like: Bronze - incompetence, Silver - ignorance, Gold - clumsiness, Platinum - hatred, mid-low Diamond - apathy.

I know I'm being very vague here, and there are blurred lines between divisions, but point stands.
Isn't plat more like "Arrogance"? Every plat I know or have talk to is haughty as fuck because of their league and yet when I play normals with them, they have far better csing than me, but they make the stupidest decisions just because they think they're ahead and just better than their opponent which ends up in them getting killed in lane or ganked.

(Of course, you find arrogance in every league, it's mostly the players themselves who like to boast because "muh mechanics" and then make it sound like it's not their fault when they feed "I got countered man nothing I can do ff20" "champ so fucking broken tryhard pls" "but look at my stats I do all this damage though")

I don't know. I think staying humble takes you places in this game. There's definitely an impact on gameplay that comes from how you see the game, between "I wanna crush the enemy" and "I want to help my team and work on my mechanics" I think it's a whole different ball game IMO. Probably the reason why I don't play ranked, it probably gets to your head eventually.
Sapphiire_old_1

Aoriki wrote:

I don't know. I think staying humble takes you places in this game. There's definitely an impact on gameplay that comes from how you see the game, between "I wanna crush the enemy" and "I want to help my team and work on my mechanics" I think it's a whole different ball game IMO. Probably the reason why I don't play ranked, it probably gets to your head eventually.
Aye i can agree i won like 8 ranked games in a row and i was like omg i am a fucking god gonna own those bronze/silver noobs easy gg , now i already lost like 4 games in a row xD
Nofool

Mr Color wrote:

Isn't plat more like "Arrogance"? Every plat I know or have talk to is haughty as fuck because of their league and yet when I play normals with them, they have far better csing than me, but they make the stupidest decisions just because they think they're ahead and just better than their opponent which ends up in them getting killed in lane or ganked.

(Of course, you find arrogance in every league, it's mostly the players themselves who like to boast because "muh mechanics" and then make it sound like it's not their fault when they feed "I got countered man nothing I can do ff20" "champ so fucking broken tryhard pls" "but look at my stats I do all this damage though")

some plat are still humble, or more than humble õ_o
I'm plat, plat is shit, I'm a shit
and ye, csing is prolly the biggest difference between bronze/silver/gold/plat etc. Plat are only more capable of finding useless arguments to explain their faults, like those that you mentioned. I wonder if they'r really more intelligent in dia (plat II-I=dia V-IV tho) ,_,
f i z i k

Mr Color wrote:

this is so true. I've been playing in every tier this season on smurfs and plat is just the worst of them all. even when I was 15/0 people still told me they know better and talked me down,it's just a horrible place :/
Vulf
Sounds just like any other solo queue game to me.
BrokenArrow
This has to be a joke.

If I drop one more division I will uninstall LoL.
Not gonna post anymore until I hit Platinum, wish me luck.
Witch Mercy
What is with the ryze tops lately =3= ...
P r o m i s e s

Graciee wrote:

He counters some tanks that are played a lot, like Renekton.
Witch Mercy

P r o m i s e s wrote:

Graciee wrote:

He counters some tanks that are played a lot, like Renekton.
I tend to run out of mana really quickly when I'm playing him, leaving me at a bad spot ._.
Sapphiire_old_1
1 more win and i am in my promo series for silver :) #hype
P r o m i s e s

Graciee wrote:

I tend to run out of mana really quickly when I'm playing him, leaving me at a bad spot ._.
Yeah, early game he's pretty mana hungry. You can try asking your jungler for a blue buff (if your mid doesn't need it) and you'll be fine ^^.

SoG Tava wrote:

1 more win and i am in my promo series for silver :) #hype
Good luck :3
Sapphiire_old_1
Finaly Silver :) :) :)

Vulf
^ Grats! Now the true suffering begins.

Warwick rework/vu update via Twitter.

"@Danielzklein Quick question, will we be seeing the kit changes on PBE before the VU? Or not until the art is done?"

"@Warwick_Wolf not until the art is done in afraid. Kit seems pretty good atm"

In other words his relaunch won't until 2018.
Blaziken
Oh boy, 4 more years until I get to find out if I should email riot and get my RP back.
Vulf
No way they can make his current model worse than it already is. Warwick reminds me more of a cartoony troll with shitty animations than a werewolf.

Kit wise he is going to be 100000x better (like 90% of his new kit was posted already on twitter) unless you played him in top lane. In which case you might as well refund him and his skins now because lanewick is being removed from the game.
show more