forum

Outer Science v1.1

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kitsumii_old

Introduction
Hi everyone!

This is my second skin... and my abhorrent attempt at making something futuristic ;^;. The main concept of the design was inspired by the song Outer Science by Jin. I really liked the art style in the video, so I tried to make something similar; broken glass, a bit of abstract, and lots of hexagons. Some of the stuff I have here is stolen from my other skin The Strongest Ice Fairy, which means I have yet to get around to skinning it (because I forgot) or I think it fits the skin well! If anything in the skin looks like its from another person's skin please tell me(It wasn't intentional ;^;) . I had alot of fun making this skin :3 just spamming outer glow on everything. There's still some stuff left to do on the skin... Plans such as animating the scorebar-colour.png, better combobursts, etc... Anyways, I hope you like it, and as always I am open to feedback!

Inspirational Skins:
-Oxygen by Lespedeza
Changelog
v1.1 (Mar.20, 2014)
-Followpoint fixes
-Star2.png skinned
-New Combobursts
-Yellow Version released

v1.0 (Mar.19, 2014)
-Initial release
Credits
Fonts: All front dafont; Coalition_v2, Orion Pax, Neuropol
tl;dr:
Skin Name: Outer Science
Creator: Kitsumii
Theme: Kagerou Project, Outer Science, Hexagons
Completion: Osu! Standard
Size: 1440x900 (SD)
Latest version:

Red Version:

Yellow Version:

*note: If the ranking screen and spinner don't look right, make sure preferring new animations is enabled!
[ Zan ]
Wooooooow. Really like this colour scheme of this skin and how it looks in general. Great job :D!

Out of curiosity, do you plan to add custom hitsounds?
Topic Starter
Kitsumii_old

[ Zan ] wrote:

Wooooooow. Really like this colour scheme of this skin and how it looks in general. Great job :D!

Out of curiosity, do you plan to add custom hitsounds?
Thanks for the compliment! You can never go wrong with red + black .3.

I have alot of plans for this skin; ie. custom hitsounds, more colour schemes, and polishing alot of things in general. Concerning the hitsounds in particular... I plan to add them in when I find something suitable! :D
darkzombiewolf
Do you plan on making a CTB part for this skin? Also do you plan on leaving the combo-burst the same size or will you make them bigger? Good idea by the way, Outer Science is my favorite!
Topic Starter
Kitsumii_old

darkzombiewolf wrote:

Do you plan on making a CTB part for this skin? Also do you plan on leaving the combo-burst the same size or will you make them bigger? Good idea by the way, Outer Science is my favorite!
Thanks! Outer science is also one of my favourites!

I honestly dislike the current combobursts... a lot xD. They don't really fit in the skin in my opinion, so I'm probably going to modify them in some way on the next "patch". I don't have plans exclusively for making a CTB part, however, if there's enough people asking for it, I'll try to make one... no promises :x
darkzombiewolf
Ok, Also what graphic program did you use? Did you use something like Photoshop or Gimp?
Topic Starter
Kitsumii_old

darkzombiewolf wrote:

Ok, Also what graphic program did you use? Did you use something like Photoshop or Gimp?
I make all my graphics with Photoshop CC
robin
this skin looks cool i wish i could make stuff like this
[ Zan ]
Just wanted to point out that the followpoints seem a little jagged (have white areas on them..?) and you may want to consider somehow adjusting it? I'm not really sure why this occured.
http://oi58.tinypic.com/2n7r5fl.jpg
Topic Starter
Kitsumii_old

Kasunchop wrote:

this skin looks cool i wish i could make stuff like this
Thanks! If you have the desire to do something, just keep practicing and you'll keep getting better \:D/

[ Zan ] wrote:

Just wanted to point out that the followpoints seem a little jagged (have white areas on them..?) and you may want to consider somehow adjusting it? I'm not really sure why this occured.
http://oi58.tinypic.com/2n7r5fl.jpg
I think it has something to do with how I made them... Since I started with a white line. But yeah, I'll try to fix them. Thanks for the report!

edit: I can fix the white edges; but I can't fix the jagginess completely :x
Elzapatoverde
First I want to say that I like it. But I just don't understand, if the main concept of the design was inspired by Outer Science, why is the colour scheme red? the song is predominantly yellow with touches of red in some scenes towards the end. Anyway, it looks cool, especially the scorebar :) good job.
Topic Starter
Kitsumii_old

elzapatoverde wrote:

First I want to say that I like it. But I just don't understand, if the main concept of the design was inspired by Outer Science, why is the colour scheme red? the song is predominantly yellow with touches of red in some scenes towards the end. Anyway, it looks cool, especially the scorebar :) good job.
Thank you for the feedback; funny story, I finished the red theme first so I released it first... so after that I had to recolour everything :c But now there's a red and a yellow version, so yay \:D/. I kept the cursor red though, because yellow cursors are hard to read; at least it is for me.
Shen Katayanagi
This skin is epic, but a very good job for the CTB mode could change the character shown by one of Kagerou Project can be Konoha?
Ritz_old
Outer Science >.</
PageSummers
* O *
Amazing skin, so sugoi.
[ Stellar ]
This skin really captures the 'cool' aspect.
I love it 9/10.
Panyx
I'm so proud of you. Amazing Skin~!

Votes in for the CTB.
iLoveLampXx
This skin is beautiful!!
Awesome job! Highly impressive indeed, you should be proud of this work :)
Hope you all have a good day.
kirigherkins
This is the first skin I've really settled into, nothing else felt quite natural.
The red's really easy on the eyes, which I appreciate.
The yellow reminds me of lemon detergent. Clean.
Thanks a bunch.
[ Pingu ]
Dayum. o-o
animeritsu99
SUGOIII!
KanoSet
oh god..outer science <3
hydreygon
This is a master piece :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D