forum

Metal Gear Osu! [HD/SD] [Standard only]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Garin

Welcome, after making mix skin after mix skin i decided my next skin would be themed and what's better than freaking METAL GEAR?!
This skin isn't meant to be flashy and in your face, I like minimalist styled skin's a lot and this is intended to be one, just MGS themed.

now go download and enjoy!

Demonstration Video!

Changelog!
19/03/14 (i spent way too much time on this xd)
Fixed a lot of bugs/inconsistencies
Added all the missing 2x elements
Skin is now finished!! (sadly i won't be making this for Mania/CTB/Taiko as i don't really play them and have no idea where to start)

19/03/14
Added Mod Icons for Cinema, 4k-8k, Random, FadeIn and FadeOut
Added Selection Buttons
Changed "Spin!" and "Clear!"
Fixed a stupid error on my part where Score-0 was actually Score-2 and added the actual Score-0 (Thanks Mesita!)
Redid the Ranking screen, it doesn't burn your eyes anymore yay
Added some missing 2x elements
Changed Hit-100 and Hit-300
Changed Count1-2-3 and Go!
Changed Followpoints
Tweaked selection-mod-autoplay

17/03/14
Released Initial Version.

Screenshots!!(updated)
Menu

Song Select

Default Hitcircles

Ration Hitcircles :D

Rugged Hitcircles

Ranking Screen

Pause Screen

Fail Screen

Mod Icons(most of these i had to make from scratch excuse my terrible pixel art :| )

Download!!

http://puu.sh/byF9m.osk
http://puu.sh/byFmB.zip

This skin uses new skin behaviour
Topic Starter
Garin
Bump! Initial Version Released please download and take a look, please leave feedback and ideas, Thanks!
DeletedUser_3905941
The ranking screen background could have changed, but neverthelessforgive my idiocy. this an awesome skin. Such nostalgia ;_;
Dznutz
Hit sounds are great along with the Mod selections.
Are you sticking to the first metal gear themed only,
or are you combining anything of the Metal Gear game series into this skin.

Cause i would like something of Metal Gear Rising Revengeance in here =P.
if not its cool, you are the creator; So you do what you want.
keep up the good work. Can't wait till its finished.
Topic Starter
Garin
I'm trying to keep it mostly 1 related but im starting to have trouble now as i've exhausted most of what 1 has to offer.

any ideas are appreciated and thanks :D
-GN
This is actually pretty badass.
Kamikaze
Very good skin! Skin other mod icons too :P (4-8k, FadeIn, Cinema)
Topic Starter
Garin
Soon™ :P
bomber34
:O will keep an eye on this
Mekaxin
it is really cool
Mesita
great skin!

bug: score-0 is actually score-2. And score-0 is not added, just score-0@2x
Topic Starter
Garin

Mesita wrote:

great skin!

bug: score-0 is actually score-2. And score-0 is not added, just score-0@2x
wow how did i not notice that? *facepalm*

Thanks, new update is out and this has been fixed. <3
Faust
Excellent work.

Your hearts in the right place.

It might be strange to hear this, but it's difficult to find a skinner who has an appreciation for a series and can pull off a skin that doesn't look like a tattered and awkward collage of misfit pictures. (eg. Miku skin therefore Miku's face plastered fucking everywhere)
Topic Starter
Garin

Faust wrote:

Excellent work.

Your hearts in the right place.

It might be strange to hear this, but it's difficult to find a skinner who has an appreciation for a series and can pull off a skin that doesn't look like a tattered and awkward collage of misfit pictures. (eg. Miku skin therefore Miku's face plastered fucking everywhere)
Thanks man, means a lot :D (and yes most skinners haven't the slightest clue about presentation and just slap effect after effect on stuff, and don't get me started on one's that are just pictures ripped from google haha :P)
Topic Starter
Garin
Had a lot of free time this morning so i ironed out the inconsistencies and im pretty happy with the result so i guess this is the final release, thanks everyone and enjoy!
Faust
Proud to be a patron of this.

Here's to seeing more quality skins. Though, why is the comboburst Pippi..?
Topic Starter
Garin

Faust wrote:

Proud to be a patron of this.

Here's to seeing more quality skins. Though, why is the comboburst Pippi..?
there shouldn't be any combobursts :S i guess i could make some up real quick.. hmmm..

Edit: added some combobursts, redownload if you want them :)
Faust
Roger that.
Eminent
This is sweet! I particularly like the font on the hitcircles, I think it matches the theme perfectly, while still being easy on the eyes. May I ask what font it is btw? The only thing I don't particularly like is the amount of white space on the home background, but that's just preference
DJ BeeJ
bump for a great skin!
Topic Starter
Garin

Eminent wrote:

This is sweet! I particularly like the font on the hitcircles, I think it matches the theme perfectly, while still being easy on the eyes. May I ask what font it is btw? The only thing I don't particularly like is the amount of white space on the home background, but that's just preference
It's called CF Samurai Bob, the actual letters don't match MGS at all but some how the numbers do xD
show more