forum

New Mod for Osu!Mania (Cmod/Speedblock)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +79
Topic Starter
Bara-
I recently got an idea for Osu!Mania
For clarification: This mostly applies to autoconverts

Lately I was thinking how to properly play maps in/Mania, when there are sudden BPM changes, like LeaF - I (All diffs) it is just impossible to clear, because it goes very fast, and them BOOM, stands still, then after 100 ms orso it just flies further at insane high speed. This even makes Easies impossible in Mania, because it stops, and you can't see when it goes on.

Now I thought of a mod, which will block speed changes, so that the whole map would be playable on the same speed.
BPM changes are now impossible to see in Mania
Make it a special/diff reducing mod, with x0.67, so 2/3 of max score

Tell me your thoughts about this, and maybe help me with listing how the score should be (x0.5-x0.9)
It can also be unranked or such
Sunlyx
Thinking about it.. it would like screw up the entire song/mapping ..
You should just get used to the taiko map of it or something.

Sure osu!standard might be easier to do these, but it sometimes it's a pain for standard osu! playing people.
Topic Starter
Bara-
This is only for Taiko and Mania, and why would it screw up? @Sunlyx
Ayesha Altugle
I hate speedchanges so much
Maiz94
Such SV.
Much hate.

heh
FrzR

vahn10 wrote:

I hate speedchanges so much
Sunlyx

baraatje123 wrote:

This is only for Taiko and Mania, and why would it screw up? @Sunlyx
wouldnt that like, well.. because that speedchange is part of the song and how the dude mapped the song enabling a speedblock entirely screw that up ? e_e
Maiz94

Sunlyx wrote:

wouldnt that like, well.. because that speedchange is part of the song and how the dude mapped the song enabling a speedblock entirely screw that up ? e_e
Not really, see the C-speed StepMania as example. It totally removes the gimmicks/bumps and just uses its original BPM itself. So, it would be really plausible if this is implemented.
Yuzeyun
Did someone say Cmod ?

If so, if it ever gets implemented, it shouldn't be ranked at all. SV changes are part of the map, taking out such things equals taking them out of the chart in a separate file. Same goes for Taiko mode, where such things do not exist at all.
Maiz94

_Gezo_ wrote:

Did someone say Cmod ?

If so, if it ever gets implemented, it shouldn't be ranked at all. SV changes are part of the map, taking out such things equals taking them out of the chart in a separate file. Same goes for Taiko mode, where such things do not exist at all.
Welp, that could be true, I guess. :roll:
Topic Starter
Bara-
Then make it only for Mania, because maps like LeaF - I are literally impossible in Mania, and make it x0.67 then, so 2/3 of the score
I taiko it is easy to follow, but in Mania it is not.
I'll remove it for Taiko, but keep it for Mania
Topic Starter
Bara-
Bump
This can get ranked, but with 0.66x multiplier, and some maps are, when this gets implemented, completely passable, think about LeaF - I, like mentioned before
xelivous
leaf - i is mapped for standard, and is an autoconvert
you're trying to get a mod made for a mode using a map made for another mode as an example

if a mania-specific map has a problem with terrible SV changes it's a problem with the ranking criteria for mania maps allowing extremely bad SV changes to get through. so there's really no reason for this mod tbh.
Topic Starter
Bara-
Well, this mod is to prevent (old) standard maps with unnecessary BPM changes from bekng unreadable, especcially sonce you can't change scroll speed ingame anymore
Yuzeyun

xelivous wrote:

you're trying to get a mod made for a mode using a map made for another mode as an example

if a mania-specific map has a problem with terrible SV changes it's a problem with the ranking criteria for mania maps allowing extremely bad SV changes to get through. so there's really no reason for this mod tbh.
care to explain more why you're against ? I is an example of a song with inconstant BPM. You wouldn't say the same if the map was made for mania.
Ryu Sei
The speedblock mod should be ignores all SV/BPM changes.
For BPM change, if the beat slower then make the bar further and vice-versa.
Stefan
Play Mode-specific Maps. If you can't deal with the Speed changes, don't play it. Maps like that are made for the Standard Mod, the Mappers cannot regard to the other modes because it's very hard to play.
Topic Starter
Bara-
This mod is, like I meant to say, almost only for converted maps
Stefan
I don't think anyone of the Dev makes the effort to pick out auto-converted Beatmaps from the mode-specific ones.
Topic Starter
Bara-
Well, forgot about marathons.
Marathons are usually multi-BPM'ed and thus have different speeds. This can be between 75 and 500 BPM (KIRBYmix compilation), this definitely unreadable, just like DeltaMax - DmAshura.
@Stefan I don't understand what you mean, can you please explain (better)
Akali
Source: BMS

In original BMS played in LR2 or any other emulator it has speedchanges as well. No once calls it impossible. Yes, they can be hard and annoying but it's part of the game.
Halogen-
A very large and resounding no to this suggestion.
Chamelo
If this was implemented, I'll map the song start with the lowest BPM and later change it to normal.
So, you have to play with the slowest scrolling speed for the rest of the song. :D

Nah, just kidding. But SV is really the essential part of the beatmap.
Topic Starter
Bara-
Uhmm, you can select scroll speed like always, but it won't change anyore when speedblock will be used/implemented
Chamelo
And then you'll have to mash F3 like a freak to get 20-26 scrolling speed. :P
My Angel Kurisu

xelivous wrote:

Majority of the fun mania maps are unranked
xelivous

-Trophy- wrote:

Majority of the fun mania maps are unranked
if it's unranked you can just modify the map itself to remove slider velocity if you wanted to though??
Maiz94
Generally, don't be such thinking / focusing / narrow minded on one thing -> "This is an awful map with ridiculous speed changes / SV changes, I can't pass this. Firetruck this map" ; and try to learn it a hundred times.

Yes, it maybe take a longer time but that's the virtue while playing and learning it on the same time and eventually, those annoying speed changes / SV changes can be tackled easily and you'll be satisfied after you successfully cleared the mentioned maps.
PyaKura

_Gezo_ wrote:

xelivous wrote:

care to explain more why you're against ? I is an example of a song with inconstant BPM. You wouldn't say the same if the map was made for mania.
If it were to be made for mania, it would be pretty simple : the map would be unranked with no chance of being ranked. And nobody cares about adding mods for unranked maps.

That said, I'm not against it, I wouldn't mind if it were to be implemented, but I don't think the OP is using a right example by mentionning an AC.
I strongly recommend him to play mania-specific beatmaps and not some half-assed ACs.
Topic Starter
Bara-
Uhm, I think Siromaru & Cranky (??) - Conflict (Vocaloid ver.) Is a good example of a ranked mania map with many speed changes.
To bad I can't play 7K
Chamelo
I norminate kors k - smooooch by DJPop for a fun SV change.

And because it's fun, why I need no SV change for this?

My beatmap also contain SV changes, where it enchants playing experience and make my map a lot more beautiful.
I see no reason this should be implemented.
PyaKura
Agreed with Conflict having (ososick!!) big SV changes and the result is pretty nice if you ask me. SVs must fit the song to look good and feel nice to play.
I like to use SV changes in my own mapsets and they make them less... plain, or boring.

I can see this mod implemented as an unranked mod.
Ryu Sei

PyaKura wrote:

Agreed with Conflict having (ososick!!) big SV changes and the result is pretty nice if you ask me. SVs must fit the song to look good and feel nice to play.
I like to use SV changes in my own mapsets and they make them less... plain, or boring.

I can see this mod implemented as an unranked mod.
Since o!m player must adapt with the SV change variations...
Chamelo
^ this that those these.

It's like standard player must adapt with the distance snap change tho.
Kamikaze
That mod would only make sense if it's unranked, but it's not a bad idea
onotoleonide

Ryu Sei wrote:

The speedblock mod should ignore all SV/BPM changes
this
fuck you lr2 scum
Redon
Kamikaze

Redon wrote:

I find it hard to believe there are people out there who honestly believe that basing scrolling speed off SV is a good idea, or even that any mapper should be given the tools to change scrolling speed mid-song for that matter.

"It's unnecessarily difficult to read, annoying, and everyone hates it! What, change it? No."
"It's part of the map, you see!"
"X has always been annoying garbage, so don't improve things because it would be unfair to those who had to play annoying garbage in the past."

It's hard to read these posts without going mad. Perhaps it's better not to care. Though one day, I'll probably end up writing a big(ger) rant to point out just how retarded I find the way scrolling speeds are currently handled truly is.

That is all.
wat, Are you actually saying that all o2jam maps are bad? Well made SV changes are hell of a fun (DJPop's Smoooch for example) just learn to play them.
show more