forum

osu!Craft III ~*1.7.9*~ [OUTDATED! READ FINAL POST!]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
whymeman

osu!Craft is back online with a new world to start from but with more things to explore and extra features!
This server uses Factions + Citizens (with dtltraders) + Vault + Jobs for the main features and more more plugins added.

If you wish to be white listed, please post your in-game name and actual game playing experience with Minecraft. We'll check over the replies and will send you a forum PM to inform you when you are added.

Current server status: Outdated. Check Final post.
Version: 1.7.9

NOTICE: Please do not use osu.ppy.sh as the server address. Post your Minecraft experience and username here. DO NOT pm osu! Staff members please. Only message whymeman, xRayne, or query3.

Also please note that this server WILL NOT support non-premium accounts. This means mineshafter and such will not work on this server and no plans on doing so to make it that way. Sorry.

~*~ Credits ~*~

Many thanks to Corin for the help and preperation (and training me atm).
Also thanks to Ephemeral for the previous setups of the osu!craft and his efforts.
And great thanks to those helping to keep this server stable and watched over.

~*~ General Rules~*~

1.) Limit the use of offensive language. Harsh remarks of racism, sexism, attack on others' believes won't be tolerated.

2.) Don't ask mods for stuff. Especially if you get raided not protecting your items or get killed. If you actually lose an item from a bug [NOT lag], then compensation can be worked out only if I say its okay.

3.) PvP stays on in this server. Even if there's lack of such, if you die from a PvP, don't beg a mod for your stuff back. Also, that goes for the same if you die venturing with rare items.

4.) Don't try to cheat. I'm serious.

5.) This server is white listed only. If you get banned or removed from the list for major offenses, don't ask to come back.

6.) Do not spam the server chat.

7.) Do not try to absurdly destroy/grief the server. I will find and destroy you if you try to do so.

8.) We do check ban history so if we find something on you that can be a risk, we can deny your access to the server. We have a right to do so. No ifs and buts.

~*~ FAQ~*~ (WIP)

Factions
TBA Soon

MythicDrops
Q: What is MythicDrops?
A: MythicDrops are a unique type of drops that can have custom attributes added and removed. These can be randomly found by mob drops when slaying them.

Q: How do I use the Mythic Items?
A:Think of Mythic Drop items as something you equip in a RPG like Final Fantasy 7. Your weapon or tool will have a variable amount of open slots called Sockets. It can range from 1 to 4 Sockets (or maybe more in the future) for adding in Socket Gems. Socket Gems, just like the Mythic Item drops, can be found from random drops on mob kills. If you want to, lets say.... add a Poison I Gem to your "Yellow Steel" sword that has a socket open for addon Gem. Just Select the Gem to add in, and it will tell you to drag it to [or click] the item you want to equip the Gem in. After that, you're done and now your "Yellow Steel" has an added effect of Poison I for 15 seconds per hit.

Q: Can the Mythic Items be repaired?
A: Yes. Depending on the amount and level of buffs the item has.

Jobs
Q: What are "Jobs"?
A:"Jobs" are skill based tasks used to earn money in the server. Without them, you can't gain money easily.

Q: What "Jobs" are there to choose from?
A:

Woodcutter - Earns money felling and planting trees. [$]

Miner - Earns money mining minerals and ores.

Builder - Earns money for building structures.

Farmer - Earns money farming crops. [$]

Hunter - Earns money killing animals and monsters. [$]

Fisherman - Earns money from fishing. [$]

Blacksmith - Earns money from crafting and repairing weapons, tools, and armor. [$]

Enchanter - Earns money enchanting weapons.[$]

Chef - Earns money by cooking and making food. [$]

Q: Will I get more money from the"Jobs"?
A:As you stay with and perform the job(s) you have, they gain skill xp when you do the appropriate tasks related to them (i.e. - Hunter killing zombies and creepers. Chef cooking beef, etc.). As jobs level up, your income rate also increases.

Q: What is the highest level a job can go to?
A: Currently, the maximum level is 100. I plan to keep it that way but can't say there won't be changes to it in the future.

Q: This job doesn't payout as much unlike the others... why is that?
A: Either you haven't been doing the correct task actions for the job, or the job's config has not been "tuned" properly (in rare cases). Although for the payout and xp gains from the jobs, I am working on them constantly and adding the missing data values to make the jobs more flexible to work with. For now recheck the lists for the main jobs with efficient payout configs that has "[$]" next to it.

Q: What is the maximum amount of jobs I can take at once and how many can be in it?
A:A single player can take up to 3 jobs at once and each job class has 40 openings for now.

Misc. Stuff
Q: What are these items sold in shops with extra attributes in them? Can we craft the same kind of items?
A:No, you cannot recreate attributes on newly crafted items. These items are custom made from NPT editing that cannot be normally done ingame easily. They also cannon be fused with normal alike items for repair (i.e. Diamond Armor =/= Rune Armor).

Q: A Skeleton with a nametag just cast fireballs at me and a Silverfish set me on fire and sent me flying with knockback. What kind of mobs are these?
A:"MythicMobs" are special mobs from the plug MythicMobs, that have special skills and attributes that normal mobs wouldn't have like a Witch can be a Dark Magician that uses black magic attacks from a far range or a Creeper that can shoot fireballs.

Fun Stuff
OH MY HAM!!!

"Bullet Pigs" will be randomly spawned in the server and its up to you to make the bacon by slaying them. Of course with a little effort, it becomes a nice reward. But, can you catch them...?

~*~UPDATES~*~

[SERVER/UPDATE] 9/14/14 -Server under construction for new start and plugin adjustments. Will be back within 1 ~ 2 weeks.
[SERVER/UPDATE] 9/24/14 - Server reopened under "Beta Stage". Should be fully stable within a few days at most.
[SERVER/UPDATE] 9/25/14 - Fixed dtltrader shops. After 2 days and 15 hours of fighting with it, the source of the issue was PreciousStones conflicting with permissions and commands "silently" so it was hard to sniff out till now. PreciousStones is removed for this fix.
[SERVER/UPDATE] 10/7/14 - Adding custom land chunks, more dungeons added, adjustments to Jobs payout.
[SERVER/UPDATE] 11/16/14 - More adjustments to MythicMobs and MythicDrops. Working to rebalance and add more attributes to drops. "Unique" Drops added.

Server Staff

Owner/Admin: whymeman*
Owner/Server DB Admin: Corin
Admin: xRayne*, query3

[*] Active members
xRayne
Send me the map :D I will help beta test~
What kind of issues would you be looking for?
Topic Starter
whymeman
Mostly the bugs and if there's something off that doesn't seem right, you can report it to me too.

I'll check into the list right now
Corin

xRayne wrote:

Send me the map :D I will help beta test~
What kind of issues would you be looking for?
More permissions and whatnot :P Not looking for map errors as they'd be found during the actual testing plus it's better not to have the map sent out due to xray and the seed.

tl;dr iron out the bugs on the server.
Inori
Haven't played Minecraft for a while but I'm willing to test for open beta.
Shot a PM to you wmm
Antilx
Long time sence i played Minecraft maybe gonna start again when this server goes online.
Kitokofox
Which reminds me of my doomtastic structure I should FINISH...
Corin
Currently writing up a command cheat sheet + general overview, give me a bit :D
Novixion
By normal means do you mean just playing around and looking for overlooked stuff?
Topic Starter
whymeman
Something like that. And also to use the plugin functions normally used as a normal player like for example, trying to use /home for towny but can't use home teleport even though it should be a normal user thing.
query3
Alright, so I thought I'd post some of the bugs that were dug up. In spawn, all chests/jukeboxes/crafting tables etc. are unusable. Also, toilet paper is completely useless. Although toilet paper is the least of all worries :P
/home and /sethome are disabled, which could (potentially) turn into an issue.
Well, actually, everything I'd normally use for commands in minecraft servers is disabled, except for /spawn.
I can't remember the rest off the top of my head, but those are the biggies. :lol:
iHeartLolis
I'm up for it! I'll try to help any way if it helps the server get back up and running.
Topic Starter
whymeman
The "poorly crafted toilet paper" at spawn was more like a joke prop to see. No actual functions to them.

As for the sethome function, I think you'll have to use the towny commands for that as far as I can remember from 1.3.5.
Corin

spying189 wrote:

Alright, so I thought I'd post some of the bugs that were dug up. In spawn, all chests/jukeboxes/crafting tables etc. are unusable
Intentional due to possible exploit and a cleanup would take too long

spying189 wrote:

/home and /sethome are disabled, which could (potentially) turn into an issue.
Just a permission, still debating on what to do but I'm thinking one sethome to encourage players to use a town instead

spying189 wrote:

Well, actually, everything I'd normally use for commands in minecraft servers is disabled, except for /spawn.
Not everything is enabled yet :P
Rasis
When can we play the server? It seems very close
Topic Starter
whymeman

SwordArtOnline wrote:

When can we play the server? It seems very close
You can still join while its in beta atm unless you want to wait till its done.
Corin
I honestly don't see why not. I just need to configure a few things and it should be good.
Right now only thing I need to finish is modreq's and perms.
But perms can be done on the fly and along the way anyways so...
[ Pingu ]
I'm happy to check this out. :)
kevinf100
I don't Mind helping you test this. I can also help you set up some plugins, i know how to do perms and other stuff like that.
Omio9999
I can help MASSIVELY with testing. What are you testing for, specifically?

Note to self; read OP more. Hurr de durr durr.

PM'd.
Topic Starter
whymeman
Hmm... looks like the server has a bit of a runtime issue, but will be addressed as soon as possible. :o
Corin
Reason: see here
http://www.spigotmc.org/threads/arrayin ... ion.14826/
The night that bug occurred was hell.
Brembo_old
pls whitelist me :D
Corin
Aaand fixed, completely forgot to patch it yesterday
Topic Starter
whymeman
A quick note for those starting out a town, to set the home spawn, its /sethome. NOT /town sethome or /towny sethome.
Corin

whymeman wrote:

A quick note for those starting out a town, to set the home spawn, its /sethome. NOT /town sethome or /towny sethome.
no not for towny.
/sethome is a personal sethome nobody else other than administrators and yourself can access it.
/town set spawn where you are standing to set the spawn for a town.

https://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.o ... ands#/town
docs pls
Omio9999

Corin wrote:

docs pls
Speaking of documentation, the server's /help is basically "lul i have no idea what i'm doing", so a /help or a reference of ANY kind will be fantastic.
Tsugumichi
More or less official osu! Minecraft server sounds awesome, could you whitelist me? My Minecraft IGN is Zowner. ^w^
Topic Starter
whymeman

Tsugumichi wrote:

More or less official osu! Minecraft server sounds awesome, could you whitelist me? My Minecraft IGN is Zowner. ^w^
Sure thing. I'll do it right now. I also need to get my DSL bridged since hte Wi-fi is kinda dying hard.
[ Pingu ]
Wait. I forgot to post my IGN before, well, my IGN is OMGPingu
And what's the IP?
OsuMe65
I want to help out too but I bet the testing period's not yet done, if I'm wrong...
Topic Starter
whymeman

From reading that (besides the need of a password update), 1.8 is pretty close. There's still some incomplete stuff on the map and a few more buildings to be done. I may plan for a map reset using the same custom world just without the currently explored chunks loaded. I'll see into adding a few more things before then if possible. But if you still want to be whitelisted just let me know.

Corin wrote:

no not for towny.
/sethome is a personal sethome nobody else other than administrators and yourself can access it.
/town set spawn where you are standing to set the spawn for a town.

https://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.o ... ands#/town
docs pls
Odd... I used /town set spawn before and that didn't work....
OsuMe65
Oh, it's not over yet. Can you whitelist me, please?
Topic Starter
whymeman
Please send a forum PM for whiltelist request with the MC name. I can handle it easier and faster since I normally check it.
Pannari
This seems cool.
Topic Starter
whymeman
Alright, did some tweaks here and there. And with a handy plugin found and setup (thanks to xRayne), now you can earn money easily through the jobs. I'll be tweaking the plugin shortly after some other stuff is addressed.
show more