forum

Choose kind of comment before You post it (map-song-replay)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
ShaggoN
As many of You can see, almost every newbies, are posting their comments as "Map" comment. In my opinion it should look like that:
1: You write a comment than click Submit (or something i don't remeber ^_^)
2: A question pops up: Where do you want to post Your comment? [map, song or replay]
With this feature, we can avoid that mess that we can see for example here http://osu.ppy.sh/b/39825 i guess.
What are You think abot it?
rust45
I support this, not only would it help noobs, but also people who forget to click on what they want to comment on before they type, this had made me miss where I wanted to comment many time cause for some reason when you click on a box when it's paused it unpauses it.
Derekku
Maybe a confirmation box could come up for either the first few times that one submits a comment (like a mini tutorial) or that shows always would be okay with me. Renaming the labels (or small pictures for those who can't read English?) might be nice too.

Map -> This Difficulty Only
Song -> All Difficulties
Replay -> This Replay Only

How I picture this:

Alternatively, a replay on the left side of the song selection could be used. Also, command forms could be used for the box instead of questions.
Jinxy
What derekku said. I was always confused between "Map" and "Song". Anyway, support!
Sir Minelli
I thought about this some time ago.

Map and song just don't specify clearly where your comment will go. (Even though I did get it, some people apparently don't)

I'm thinking maybe replacing "song" for: "Comment Player replay" and "map" for: "Comment map style"

Something like that will explain it better I hope.
FurukawaPan
I agree with some sort of update to the system that makes you choose first the type of comment. It's too easy to forget and click submit. Also, the map should pause as soon as clicking comment. I always forget to already have it open before clicking to freeze the playback.
Derekku

james039 wrote:

Also, the map should pause as soon as clicking comment.
This is what I expected would happen when the feature was first implemented. :(
Jarby
This system we currently have in place is fine.
anonymous_old

JarJarJacob wrote:

This system we currently have in place is fine.
I agree.

Except, maybe opening the "discussion" thingy SHOULD pause the replay.
Mara

Derekku Chan wrote:

Maybe a confirmation box could come up for either the first few times that one submits a comment (like a mini tutorial) or that shows always would be okay with me. Renaming the labels (or small pictures for those who can't read English?) might be nice too.

Map -> This Difficulty Only
Song -> All Difficulties
Replay -> This Replay Only

Alternatively, a replay on the left side of the song selection could be used. Also, command forms could be used for the box instead of questions.
This sounds good. Supporting this.
Luneko
Support, i think this would be useful :)