forum

what the hell of osu?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kanozi
Why when I brush out the new good record, my pp and ranking will fall?Is still a problem of osu?I still hope to return before and can show the Ranked Score in the game,not in the user page.Pp value is three thousand six before, but now.....It is really very unhappy.I hope the administrator can respond and improve,thx...
Rinku
This is just a guess as im not too sure what you mean, but if you don't receive pp very often its probably recalculating when you get pp and showing you how much rank you lost even with the new pp. That means you might be getting pp slower then the people passing you resulting in a worse rank. Like i said just a guess but this happens with me, I lose about 100 ranks a week if I dont get anymore pp.

I also hear they are manually recalculating pp often so that could change your rank without doing anything. The only way to check this is again earn some pp and see if your rank when up or down. Overall your final rank should be more accurate id assume.
Setsuen
I think the real problem is that when I go to see the top performance of the user, I see only Normal diff................
Rinku

Setsuen wrote:

I think the real problem is that when I go to see the top performance of the user, I see only Normal diff................
Lol oh
Illkryn
I hate when I brush out the new good record and get no darn pp.
AmaiHachimitsu
I'm like totally tired of those kind of topics, there were like 7 or more of them past 10 days.

Listen, some fucking tips:

- First and the most important - READ THE FORUM, IT'S NOT THE FIRST TOPIC LIKE THIS HERE.

- DON'T blame the game as an excuse to your lack of skill/knowledge

- KNOWLEDGE is the keyword, you don't know how PP does work now and you should look for information instead of making useless threads.

- What is a "good" score? The # on the map has nothing to do in terms of PP gained so don't expect PP when you achieve a top 10 on an [Easy]

- PP is a constantly evolving system with many changes and WE ALL experience them. Check the changelog https://osu.ppy.sh/p/changelog

- YOU LOSE RANKS because, it may be a surprise to you, YOU'RE NOT PLAYING ALONE and on your rank which is like 30000+ the differences are minimal.

- Without any algorithm changes, you can only lose pp by beating your old score with terrible accuracy, putting it simply. There're other cases, but you can ignore them now.

And finally,

Why do you bother???? You are not good enough as for you or other people to care about it. Just focus on IMPROVEMENT and those small numbers will stop bugging you.
Akali

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

I'm like totally tired...

...will stop bugging you.
Make this sticky please.
Weed
buny
a lot of people improve faster than you do.
Topic Starter
Kanozi
i just want to know Why when I brush out the new good record, my pp and ranking will fall?
Keeby
on a side note i did absolutely nothing and my pp rose like 30.

changes aren't that large, I wouldn't worry about it too much
AmaiHachimitsu
i just want to know Why when I brush out the new good record, my pp and ranking will fall?
This question has been asnwered here .... and in other 5+ topics.

Please lock
nooblet
Why are the people with negligible rank complaining the most? Why would you even care about your rank when a random fluke S on an insane will get all that PP back anyways? Use your time better. Go practice instead of complain. Complaining gets you nowhere, practice gets you skill -> PP -> STOP WHINING AND CRYING.

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Please lock
This, and every other PP thread other than the main feedback one while PP changes are being made please, so people can stop spamming G&R with multiple new "Why did I lose PP/ranks/blahblahblah" threads every day.
WolfCoder
I've also noticed your rank in your profile will stick and will unstick when you play your first map of the day. I think I'm like, the only lower rank player who used the search function to learn everything about the game I was curious about long before my first forum post.

To be fair, they haven't updated the PP FAQ yet.