I haven't seen a good storyboard in...a long time

pls make some
Corin
All the old people are suddenly returning ;_;
Chamelo
That's great, doesn't it?
Cyclohexane

LuigiHann wrote:

So, hey. What'd I miss? osu seems to have gone through some positive changes. How is everybody? What are the notable maps and storyboards of the past... couple years? D:

I've been so out of the loop, I'd like to get back to doing cool things with you all.
Sorry to disappoint you but might as well open with a stinger: nothing has topped Don't Stop Me Now in storyboards.

There is a storyboard showcase in the announcements if you wanna check that out

Nowadays in mapping, well there's this and that and this. But if you want to have a taste of what's mapping today without being completely disgusted at first sight I would recommend HelloSCV, Niva, or Holoaz
Topic Starter
LuigiHann

Mr Color wrote:

LuigiHann wrote:

So, hey. What'd I miss? osu seems to have gone through some positive changes. How is everybody? What are the notable maps and storyboards of the past... couple years? D:

I've been so out of the loop, I'd like to get back to doing cool things with you all.
Sorry to disappoint you but might as well open with a stinger: nothing has topped Don't Stop Me Now in storyboards.

There is a storyboard showcase in the announcements if you wanna check that out

Nowadays in mapping, well there's this and that and this. But if you want to have a taste of what's mapping today without being completely disgusted at first sight I would recommend HelloSCV, Niva, or Holoaz
Thanks for the honest answers. I'll check some of those out.

My new goals:

- Update EBO skin to completion/HD/All Modes
- Make a map of some kind
- Update taiko skin, at least to standard/taiko completeness
- Make some sort of storyboard
- Make a new original skin
- Start a small mapping project

Hopefully over the course of the first few steps I'll start to get to know people in the current community who can help with the later goals :)
Inori
Welcome Back!

Btw, you don't really need to work on updating the taiko skin, I already have one with the UI from the most recent arcade versions posted.

Only problem is that it can't be integrated into default because weird placement and stuff.
TheVileOne
Good to see a legend returning. It's a good time to return to osu!
Shohei Ohtani
RemmyX25
Hijacking thread to say hi too. LH and I were chatting on other social medias about coming back, and we're working on bringing the whole team back together :D
awp
Remmy wants me to come back, too, but I'm going to be pretty busy so I probably won't!

I'll try to stay on top of my inbox though
Trash Boat
can you be specific? who are the integrants of that team?
Mogsy
I guess I could afford to come back on a game-level instead of just stalking the forums. :P
RemmyX25

Trash Boat wrote:

can you be specific? who are the integrants of that team?
http://puu.sh/6tKnp

edit:
awp, RemmyX25, Rolled, LuigiHann
Mogsworth, Cheesewarlock, Cyclone
Trash Boat
OIC, but i should have specified that i wanted their usernames. that was too much
Senpoii
This is like a college reunion. So many Alumni and high-statted people all chatting this post.

Can I join in?

Welcome back buddy ^^
D33d
Oh god. Nice to see you here again when I happen to still be active, as I'm sure we could shoot the breeze over map-related things.

If you're gonna update the EBO skin, then I've been sitting on the suggestion: how feasible would it be to make the numbers as gigantic as they were in the original game? That would look fabulous and stunning.
Topic Starter
LuigiHann

D33d wrote:

Oh god. Nice to see you here again when I happen to still be active, as I'm sure we could shoot the breeze over map-related things.

If you're gonna update the EBO skin, then I've been sitting on the suggestion: how feasible would it be to make the numbers as gigantic as they were in the original game? That would look fabulous and stunning.
Honestly I made them about as big as possible without destroying support for 2-digit numbers which pop up in some maps. Much bigger and they'd overlap/fall off the edge of the circles, which screws up the illusion of the border. :[
Cyclone
You guys realize if i make a comeback, all the anger and rage comes with me.
Shivarion
WB LuigiHann !!!
Glad to see a legend is back ;)
Umm... may i know the reason why you retired for a while :?:
Tiisa
Welcome back! > w<
Nub1
Yay, more senpai will notice me

lol jk, welcome back :)
Starrodkirby86
I think this should be a good opportunity to drop a post in here.

You know, to increase the average age in this thread. :P

I hope we'll all come together and conduct diabolical, delicious projects in the future!
deadbeat

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

I think this should be a good opportunity to drop a post in here.

You know, to increase the average age in this thread. :P

I hope we'll all come together and conduct diabolical, delicious projects in the future!
you better be returning as well. osu! need more starrodcrazykirby86
Beuchi
So I've heard there's a party for old people in here ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

First post in like 2 years holy shit.
Topic Starter
LuigiHann

Beuchi wrote:

So I've heard there's a party for old people in here ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

First post in like 2 years holy shit.

YEAAAAAH

Mianki
All these legendary people here posting daayuumn
D33d

LuigiHann wrote:

D33d wrote:

Honestly I made them about as big as possible without destroying support for 2-digit numbers which pop up in some maps. Much bigger and they'd overlap/fall off the edge of the circles, which screws up the illusion of the border. :[
Well, they extended beyond the edges in EBA and were made using an extremely wide font. It could be interesting to see them like that in osu, although I guess there's no real need beyond a horribly low-res DS display. Still, I can dreeeeeam.
Faust
Glad to see an old soul back in active.

Hope things go well for your current goals.
Trash Boat

Mr Color wrote:

yes there's something. check this out

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/31084
Topic Starter
LuigiHann

D33d wrote:

LuigiHann wrote:

Well, they extended beyond the edges in EBA and were made using an extremely wide font. It could be interesting to see them like that in osu, although I guess there's no real need beyond a horribly low-res DS display. Still, I can dreeeeeam.
Nah, I hear you. To clarify my problem, the DS games use numbers with colored borders: Red hitcircles have numbers with dark red borders, etc. We only have one set of numbers, so my numbers have a clear dark gray border to create an illusion of having a border that matches the hitcircle, and if it went over the edge it would show the clear gray and that would just be the worst.
OsuMe65
Welcome back, Resident Skinner =w=7
Topic Starter
LuigiHann

Trash Boat wrote:

Mr Color wrote:

yes there's something. check this out

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/31084
<------------ This guy loves that SB
Trash Boat
lol you should print that post on a T-shirt Luigi
RemmyX25
OH man Luigihann, that was the best video ever
Antilx
Everything is fine don't worry
Ultimate
Glad to see some oldies keep returning : )
Can't wait to see some maps / sb's from you guys.
#mod ftw

peace