forum

Elite Beat osu! HD (1.0 Complete!)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Full version here! Download it now! It's the full skin, with both HD and standard versions of everything.

I've updated it again with an HD sliderball, so it's done for now. Enjoy!

If anybody thinks the hitbursts are too big/distracting, here's a zip with mini hitbursts and particles: http://puu.sh/7zHLz.zip

Mismagius
fuck yeah LH is back to skinning
TakuMii
Wooh, nice! I'm looking forward to seeing this new modernized HD version of your skin :D
Ekaru
Hello! Will download later for sure. ^_^
Angelo
Wow, good job ! I always wanted this skin in HD :)
Ayesha Altugle
wooooooooooooooooooooah maaan!
Good Job!
Rio-
I love Your EBO! Skin, good job! :o

Thanks for the HD version :D
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Got the scorebar done:

Old:

New:
Trash Boat
its available for download on the updater or we have to download it manually?
edit: in the divas expansion pack is missing the divas at Are you ready? screen
mm201
<3333 those numbers
deadbeat

Trash Boat wrote:

it's been 5-6 years since anything was added to the bloody updater >_>
of course you need to download it manually, like every other skin
Topic Starter
LuigiHann

deadbeat wrote:

Trash Boat wrote:

it's been 5-6 years since anything was added to the bloody updater >_>
of course you need to download it manually, like every other skin
I'll see what I can do about that tomorrow.

This in particular is a WIP so of course it won't be in the updater yet in any case.

Here's a new download of the progress. Cursor not final, but what do you think?
http://puu.sh/7fNxi.osk
nanda2009
this is great <3 ily
Rio-
Will You adding sounds to It too? I remembered that there's hitsounds, sound, etc in the old version of EBO...
Topic Starter
LuigiHann

satriobp wrote:

Will You adding sounds to It too? I remembered that there's hitsounds, sound, etc in the old version of EBO...
Eventually yes but I don't have any new sounds yet and I wanted to keep the zip size down

nanda2009 wrote:

this is great <3 ily
Thanks!

mm201 wrote:

<3333 those numbers
Thanks!

satriobp wrote:

I love Your EBO! Skin, good job! :o

Thanks for the HD version :D
You're welcome! And thanks!

vahn10 wrote:

wooooooooooooooooooooah maaan!
Good Job!

CrafterOfSunDAY wrote:

Wow, good job ! I always wanted this skin in HD :)

Ekaru wrote:

Hello! Will download later for sure. ^_^

YayMii wrote:

Wooh, nice! I'm looking forward to seeing this new modernized HD version of your skin :D

Blue Dragon wrote:

fuck yeah LH is back to skinning
:D Thanks all
Inori

LuigiHann wrote:

satriobp wrote:

Eventually yes but I don't have any new sounds yet and I wanted to keep the zip size down
I'm pretty sure I have a hitsound dump from EBA somewhere in my desktop, I'll look for it and send you a download if I find anything

Alright, compared my rips to the ones in EBO and they sound the same so yeah.
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
If you have the full set of EBA sounds, feel free to send it my way, I might redo some.

Here's another new download: http://puu.sh/7gYxG.osk
Inori

LuigiHann wrote:

If you have the full set of EBA sounds, feel free to send it my way, I might redo some.

Do you mind 232 MBs of just wavs everywhere?
Topic Starter
LuigiHann

Inori wrote:

LuigiHann wrote:

Do you mind 232 MBs of just wavs everywhere?
If you don't mind sending it, I don't mind downloading it :O
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Now with more HD Agents

Sonnyc
Yayyyyyy!!

Umm any plans for HD ouendan too?
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Couple new sprites to show off:

Sonnyc wrote:

Yayyyyyy!!

Umm any plans for HD ouendan too?
Probably someday. I want to do something more original immediately after this one, though, so it won't be my next skin.
Trash Boat
no offense, Luigi but the spinner background is not centered
Topic Starter
LuigiHann

Trash Boat wrote:

no offense, Luigi but the spinner background is not centered
I'm offended. Get out of my thread!

Nah I'm aware of the issue. I actually meant to leave that sprite out of the zip, it was just for experimenting (to see if the spinner bg was centered). Still haven't done any design work on the spinner yet
Trash Boat
oh ok then. keep up the good work(thumbs up)
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Thanks! The spinner is going to be a challenge because my "apply lighting effects to literally everything" strategy is going to be thrown off by the fact that the spinner sprite doesn't have a fixed top and bottom, but I'll come up with something :)
mm201

LuigiHann wrote:

Thanks! The spinner is going to be a challenge because my "apply lighting effects to literally everything" strategy is going to be thrown off by the fact that the spinner sprite doesn't have a fixed top and bottom, but I'll come up with something :)
My approach in the osu!stream skin was to place the light source directly above the spinner. That way, lighting stays consistent even as it spins.
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
More screenshots of progress
TakuMii
I'm really liking the progress you've been making :D Keep up the good work!
One suggestion though: could you change the cursor to be a bit easier to track? I found that a transparent middle (especially when combined with the light color of the cursor itself) makes the cursor more difficult to follow during faster play. Maybe try adding more contrast to the cursor, or even just darkening the middle?
Inori
This is a bit late but here's the ripped sounds.

.zip (223 MBs)
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
http://puu.sh/7tkOc.osk Here's the full skin, with both HD and standard versions of everything. If you have a preview version from earlier, you should delete it to install this, or just delete the cursortrail and particle files from the old version.

Updated the first post with a bunch of new screenshots: p/2905410

YayMii wrote:

I'm really liking the progress you've been making :D Keep up the good work!
One suggestion though: could you change the cursor to be a bit easier to track? I found that a transparent middle (especially when combined with the light color of the cursor itself) makes the cursor more difficult to follow during faster play. Maybe try adding more contrast to the cursor, or even just darkening the middle?
I've darkened the glow around the cross, let me know if that helps.

Inori wrote:

This is a bit late but here's the ripped sounds.

.zip (223 MBs)
Thanks! I'll go through those later. I had a version on my old computer that I got on, like, LiveJournal, no idea how I'd find it again.
TakuMii
I didn't really notice much of a difference :/ (although it might just not be as visible at a non-@2x resolution). But I was thinking more along the lines of darkening the cursor-middle and/or making it easier to see.
Anyways:
1. If you're not using the new-style spinner, you should add "Version: 1" to your skin.ini, otherwise some people will just see the default.
2. Have you tried using transparent particles instead of omitting them completely? It makes the hitbursts display in a less-intrusive manner, but I can understand if you're keeping it this way for authenticity.
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
http://puu.sh/7zHLu New version! I may still update the sliderball, but otherwise this is a complete skin.

YayMii wrote:

I didn't really notice much of a difference :/ (although it might just not be as visible at a non-@2x resolution). But I was thinking more along the lines of darkening the cursor-middle and/or making it easier to see.
Anyways:
1. If you're not using the new-style spinner, you should add "Version: 1" to your skin.ini, otherwise some people will just see the default.
2. Have you tried using transparent particles instead of omitting them completely? It makes the hitbursts display in a less-intrusive manner, but I can understand if you're keeping it this way for authenticity.
I think I understand better what you mean about the cursor. I darkened the whole inner area so it's contrast is higher overall. Maybe that will help.
1. Thanks!
2. I tried with the particles and I just didn't like the way that effect works with the larger hitbursts.

For people who like particles/smaller hitbursts, here's a zip with mini hitbursts and star-shaped particles that should suit modern players well: http://puu.sh/7zHLz.zip
Ayu
This skin is definitely worth using.

Love for the mod icons
Topic Starter
LuigiHann

Ayu wrote:

This skin is definitely worth using.

Love for the mod icons
Thanks! The mod icons went through a few revisions so I'm glad you like how they turned out!
TakuMii
Ooh, I love it! Thanks for listening to feedback :)

EDIT: Oh, another thing I noticed (can't believe I didn't notice it earlier :P): The mode selection graphic should actually be wider than the others, and that's what's causing it to be off-centred. It should be 88px (or 176px @2x) wide. Oh, and speaking of mods, DoubleTime is actually 1.5x and HalfTime is actually 0.75x, so the numbers you put are a tiny bit misleading. It might be better to just put the full mod name.
Topic Starter
LuigiHann

YayMii wrote:

Ooh, I love it! Thanks for listening to feedback :)

EDIT: Oh, another thing I noticed (can't believe I didn't notice it earlier :P): The mode selection graphic should actually be wider than the others, and that's what's causing it to be off-centred. It should be 88px (or 176px @2x) wide. Oh, and speaking of mods, DoubleTime is actually 1.5x and HalfTime is actually 0.75x, so the numbers you put are a tiny bit misleading. It might be better to just put the full mod name.
Made those changes locally, and I'll include them when I post version 1.0 sometime soon. Thanks so much!
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Updated to version 1.0! New sounds, minor mod tweaks, and HD sliderball are new for people who have the previous version, and all kinds of new stuff if you haven't been paying attention. Download it now!
show more