forum

osu!tablet feedback

posted
Total Posts
show more
Zexion
Got my tablet today after a miracle in the post office and started playing. The transition from a mouse to a tablet feels kinda big at first glance, but now it's starting to feel like playing with the tablet is just right, like if osu! was supposed to be played with a tablet from the very beginning.

The tablet is awesome. Its size is just perfect for the game, but I reduced the active area a bit so I could place my hand better. The pen doesn't feel heavy at all, but quite unbalanced because of the battery. Its not a nuisance to me by the way, just a comment. but I had to disable one of the buttons because I kept hitting hit during gameplay lol. So far I think it was a great choice to start learning tablet play, but I feel I'll need a week or two before I get completely used to it.

Just forgot, I had problems with the bundled DVD, I couldn't get it to work (maybe it got scratched during the way here), so I downloaded the drivers from the Huion page (420), restarted, plugged the tablet and it worked just fine on W7.
Izzypookins

Synchrostar wrote:

welp driver wont install properly if you have wacom drivers on your pc at the same time lel, took me about 2h to figure that out.

does any1 know where the settings file is located?
Just wanted to say that this must not be a problem for everyone because it worked fine for me.

I literally had my Bamboo and the osu! tablet running at the same time with no problems.
Xeptlol

Starz0r wrote:

For some odd reason the tablet does not work, I've installed the drivers and everything but I don't have settings or anything.
I've got a similar problem, tablet worked fine when i got it but after swapping usb my pc wont recognize it anymore, and the driver program wont open either for some reason.

Ran the "ViziblrFixMyPen" program linked eariler (bad idea) which seems to be the problem and changing it back doesnt bring the windows settings back t_t.

Edit: Seems to work fine now randomly ^_^
Edit2: Nvm died again "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"
Edit3: Seems to work when the cord's not completely pressed into the tablet.
Ven
Crap. After playing with the tablet for a few weeks it's impossible for me to mouse anything without failing in the first 10 seconds.
Nisekoi

Kyon wrote:

Crap. After playing with the tablet for a few weeks it's impossible for me to mouse anything without failing in the first 10 seconds.
I feel you, now i can't even play with my mouse anymore
Aq0_old

Kyon wrote:

You're right. I could do Wahrheit with mouse, now I can barely do any of it, while I can do it all with my tablet.
Blueprint
Haven't tried :D I would have to play with my mouse sensitivity again
peppy
osu! now supports adjusting sensitivity for osu!tablet. it should be automatically detected. please remove the huion driver.
B r e n d a n

Why are you breaking working things peppy, I just want to click circles. It keeps enabling itself between songs too.
khan119
Ok my feedback to the osu! tablet (also my first tabet)

Tablet

I think the osu! tablet's size is perfect for those, who never had a tablet or used one with a smaller area. You should be able to reach every corner ingame without moving your arm too much(you mostly move your wrist).

There is no noticable input delay and the cable also doesn't have any problems at all it works perfect. At first it seems like it isn't plugged in all the way into the tablet but it is fine.

Pen

The pen will probably feel a bit heavier regarding the fact that it uses a battery but this isn't much of a problem for beginners. Maybe for those who had a tablet before and the pen was lighter but you will get used to it. It really fits my hand and I really like the pen I played about 23~ hours since I got my tablet on 21nd and I never felt any pain when using the pen it is really comfortable. The battery also didn't run out yet because I always think of turning my pen off when I am not using it. You probably shouldn't leave it on overnight or something like that it will probably run out pretty fast so always keep in mind to turn it off when not using it!

EDIT: Can I also use pens from other tablets? Like the Wacom ones? Or only the ones from Huion

I don't really have anything else to say but one thing peppy

I didn't get a sticker :( I looked for it but there wasn't one. Perhaps those were only in the 500 batch?

If you have found any mistakes in my Grammar etc.., you can keep them. :P
FabulousCupcake
It's been over 1 week in "Retention" :(
Haven't received the item or anything regarding the tablet... :|
Blueprint

s4nji wrote:

you should probably phone the company where it's being held
Zexion

s4nji wrote:

Check the status with the same tracking code on your country's postal service webpage. That usually states the reason for retention, and better solve it soon because they could send the tablet back if nobody checks what the problem is.
liuhsinmu
Quick question can the osu tablet be used also as a drawing tablet?
ErunamoJAZZ

liuhsinmu wrote:

Quick question can the osu tablet be used also as a drawing tablet?
yep.
Oinari-sama
Got these right angle adaptors in mail today. I've been using the tablet very close to my keyboard (ie the cable is bent almost 90 degrees all the time) and hopefully these adaptors can make my cable last longer.

FabulousCupcake
My osu!tablet finally arrived! :)
Photos!

It's a bit tiring using it compared to mouse, perhaps I'll get used to it.
[ Stellar ]

Oinari-sama wrote:

Got these right angle adaptors in mail today. I've been using the tablet very close to my keyboard (ie the cable is bent almost 90 degrees all the time) and hopefully these adaptors can make my cable last longer.

Where did you buy these? I would like to order one ^^"
FabulousCupcake

[ Stellar ] wrote:

Oinari-sama wrote:

I found 3 in Amazon~
[ Stellar ]
Thankyou so much :D
Oinari-sama

[ Stellar ] wrote:

Oinari-sama wrote:

I got mine on eBay for $1 each. They're shipped from China/HK so the wait is quite long; Amazon is great for those live in the US.
Ven

s4nji wrote:

Retention means they're holding it at the post office because of a failed delivery.

Phone them up with your tracking number.
FabulousCupcake

Kyon wrote:

s4nji wrote:

Retention means they're holding it at the post office because of a failed delivery.

Phone them up with your tracking number.
Yes, I have received the tablet, check my post above :D
alexho225
Um....peppy
You said that you will sell 200 more tablet almost a month ago
But until now....
FabulousCupcake

alexho225 wrote:

Um....peppy
But until now....
Afaik, there were 2 batches of ±200 tablets, I guess the one you said he promised is the current one you can see in the tablet order page, which has sold out. :?
alexho225
I know there has been a few time he add 200 more tablet
But I'm pretty sure that the latest one has not started selling until now
ErunamoJAZZ

alexho225 wrote:

Um....peppy
But until now....
pls... read to peppy: https://twitter.com/pepppppy/status/437679696637992960
[ Stellar ]

ErunamoJAZZ wrote:

alexho225 wrote:

Um....peppy
But until now....
So glad I got mine before stock ran out =.=
alexho225

ErunamoJAZZ wrote:

alexho225 wrote:

Um....peppy
But until now....

Thx for replying me
I didn't notice that as i dont have a twitter account :(
alexho225
Well....
Peppy has finally update already
But it is only available to japanese....sad
Hope next batch will be available for hk
Yukiteru Amano
I hope more tablets will be available soon! I really want one ;S
_darkcrox_

Yukiteru Amano wrote:

I hope more tablets will be available soon! I really want one ;S
Me too ;-;
finally right now I have enough money to buy Osu!Tablet :c
Myrmeleo
The tablet is nice~!

One question though, since Osu! has support with the tablet, will the same thing happen with a huion H420 since they are almost the same thing?
peppy
yes
Synchrostar

Izzypookins wrote:

Synchrostar wrote:

welp driver wont install properly if you have wacom drivers on your pc at the same time lel, took me about 2h to figure that out.

does any1 know where the settings file is located?
Just wanted to say that this must not be a problem for everyone because it worked fine for me.

I literally had my Bamboo and the osu! tablet running at the same time with no problems.
sure they can run at the same time, but with my wacom drivers installed the huion one gets removed so i cant adjust the area of my h420
Izzypookins

Synchrostar wrote:

Izzypookins wrote:

sure they can run at the same time, but with my wacom drivers installed the huion one gets removed so i cant adjust the area of my h420
That doesn't make sense. The drivers for the wacom tablet and the huion tablet are two different drivers. They both use a different utility to configure the tablet, and both of them are in the control panel.

Installing wacom drivers will not remove the huion drivers and vice versa.
Izzypookins
I've seen pictures of people with osu! tablets that have some kind of protective film over them. Where are you guys getting that from? I scratched the top of my Bamboo and it really bugs me (I don't hover). I wanted to get another osu! tablet for myself when they come back in stock and want to protect this one.
peppy
The osu! tablet supports raw input without any drivers. You can set the region by adjusting your in-game sensitivity.
Oinari-sama

Izzypookins wrote:

I've seen pictures of people with osu! tablets that have some kind of protective film over them. Where are you guys getting that from? I scratched the top of my Bamboo and it really bugs me (I don't hover). I wanted to get another osu! tablet for myself when they come back in stock and want to protect this one.
I bought those cheap screen protectors for large phones (eg Samsung i9500) on eBay. It works quite well on osu tablets.
Espionage724
osu!tablet/Huion H420 (probably other Huion tablets also) can work fine under Linux upon installing the driver found here: https://github.com/DIGImend/huion-driver

According to my earlier feedback, it would seem the tablet "can" work fine as-is without the driver, but I wasn't able to reproduce such results. The problem is, is that the tablet ended up being mapped to a small section at the top-left of my screen, on two different computers, with two different distros (openSUSE 13.1, Xubuntu 13.10, and Xubuntu 14.04).
show more