forum

Nintendo Wii and DS online services discontinued

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Main article | More info | List of affected games

Hope you like your Wii and DS games that have online features, because as of May 20, 2014 they'll no longer be able to connect. I just hope Nintendo has plans to "fix" this, because I'm sure A LOT of fans (including myself) are raging at the fact that we won't be able to trade Pokémon or play Super Smash Bros. Brawl with others worldwide, to name a couple examples.

(Screw the possibility that they're trying to get everyone to buy a 3DS/3DS XL/2DS/Wii U now ._.)

EDIT: RIP Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection...
Trash Boat
no please just don't. this must be some kind of joke, like April fool's day or something, because i don't think i can handle this
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I highly doubt they'd make a joke out of this.
Stefan
Wow, how much of I-don't-give-a-shit they give on these communities.. disappointing. -.-

My Pokémon Ranch
And I was starting to use this again.. <_<
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
It's probably because not a lot of people were using online that much on Wii and DS after Wii U and 3DS came out... *shrugs*
Trash Boat
there are rumors that another reason could be because they found a big flaw on the connection that allowed people to connect through virtual devices.
deadbeat

Trash Boat wrote:

there are rumors that another reason could be because they found a big flaw on the connection that allowed people to connect through virtual devices.
or my more favorite reason, force people to upgrade to the 3DS and purchase the newer games so nintendo get more money that they don't really need
Trash Boat
lol nice sig btw deadbeat, but im serious with my post
deadbeat
you think i wasn't. nintendo can be greedy buggers :<
Stefan

deadbeat wrote:

They unfortunally became that.
Trash Boat
Unfortunately, after some research, the rumors were true.
Text has collapsed here
Theres a DS emulator(desmume) that can access to nintendo wifi connection through an access point called SoftAP and with a special firmware, allowing them to interact with real DS consoles but not with other users of the same interface. Nintendo may have find that and decided to discontinue the wifi services
Apparently Nintendo is Capcom with MH3.
deadbeat

Stefan wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

They unfortunally became that.
ChicagoTed
Aw goddamnit - I was going to get into Super Smash Bros. Brawl online q.q
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Dammit, deadbeat >_>
Trash Boat

deadbeat wrote:

lol i'll order 20 of these right now
Sapphiire_old_1
*sigh* it's just fucked up
Trash Boat
it says its in May. uff i thought it was in March. its good to know that they give us some time
Ekaru

deadbeat wrote:

Trash Boat wrote:

or my more favorite reason, force people to upgrade to the 3DS and purchase the newer games so nintendo get more money that they don't really need
They need all the money they can get right now, actually... Though this just pisses people off.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I'll just stick with lack of people on Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection since they're mostly on Nintendo Network now.
Stefan
I guess Satoru Iwata is just mad because he got hit by a blue shell in the online mode of Mario Kart Wii and so that he decide to shut down the Wi-Fi service. xD
Trash Boat

Stefan wrote:

I guess Satoru Iwata is just mad because he got hit by a blue shell in the online mode of Mario Kart Wii and so that he decide to shut down the Wi-Fi service. xD
what a bad loser XD.
DestinySonata
Oh, for some reason I thought it said 3DS, nearly freaked out.

And concerning that, will Pokemon Black / White 2 still be able to use the Pokemon Transporter? Considering it is still somewhat a DS online service.
show more