forum

what do you think of CTB as a whole right now?

posted
Total Posts
show more
autofanboy

Kingkevin30 wrote:

with me it's the opposite xD they see my <100#Rank and think im like a "pro" or something and then they beat the shit out of me xD

?? im confused,i was there since the "old" days...i've just never connected to the community as it was back then.
The community as it now is,is pretty ok i think.you just have to connect to people with the same interests and ignore the cocky&ignorant ones.
gameplaywise there where so many hackers&multi's in the past time and im quite sad about that...also i never saw the difference in Hyperdashes when they changed it so dunno if i should hate the new hypers xD
totally
Kurokami
I think the new HDash isn't that bad but since I used to play with the old one. In the past the ctb was more difficult to play therefore less "good" players were exist. I don't know whats changed in the Hdash but I remember failing on TU4AR when I tried the new one. orz

/this post not makes any sense \o/
luppi_old

eldnl wrote:

J o J o wrote:

There is more multi account now, than in the past.
because there are more players dude
Kinda all of it
But generally old players do multi acc ;3 So even if were less players
Percent of multi acc would be bigger than in past in any case
That's obvious
DeathXHunter
#osumaths #noblepricetotheguyabove
Kingkevin30

DeathXHunter wrote:

#biggestdickoftheyearaward
YERTI

Kingkevin30 wrote:

DeathXHunter wrote:

#biggestdickoftheyearaward
Ikillforpies
There really 2 answers to this. There the CTB Community aspect and CTB Gameplay

Community is alright for now. There some cocky/dumb people while there some really nice people. There a lot more new people now in ctb which is good i guess. While the old players are going away.

Gameplay... F*** the hyperdash update. IT WAS THE ONE THING I WAS DECENT AT D: QQ But really it made ctb more easy imo. Hard jumps -> now hypers.
When did they change the HDash? O.o

I kinda play three different game modes, and even though you complain about the horrible community in CtB, it won't even be in sight of the osu! one, god, they are some cocky sobs.
Ahri

Kiwikun wrote:

I kinda play three different game modes, and even though you complain about the horrible community in CtB, it won't even be in sight of the osu! one, god, they are some cocky sobs.
early 2013. (January/February)
XEPCOH

Kiwikun wrote:

1. 29th Sep 2012 (DT improvement, HT turned to insanity)
2. 15th Jan 2013 (pixeljumps and rapid sliders extincted, tons of wtf among experienced players)
Drafura

Don Omar wrote:

2. 15th Jan 2013 (pixeljumps and rapid sliders extincted, tons of wtf among experienced players)
RIP hyperdash, I have tried my best. (miss you)
autofanboy
hyperdashes are fun and super fun in low ar hding :c rip
Killua99
multi account is too damn high
Antilx
It's fun to play most of the time.
Yukiteru Amano
CTB community is too damn small :s
Topic Starter
VelperK
Kingkevin30

VelperK wrote:

i just waited for that :3 thx Velp xD
Shota

Ikillforpies wrote:

There some cocky/dumb people
I have a feeling I would be considered an prime example for this statement.
DeathXHunter
Badass
Kitokofox
I think CtB is invigorating, it really gets you into the swing of things and makes you "dance" in the most fascinating ways. A lot of people say it's overrated or say it's too easy. But that's because they've probably played osu! and it's other game modes too. CtB has a much more slow but heavy learning curve; it is easy to learn, but extremely difficult to master. Even after these years, I can't complete The Big Black. The main reason a lot of standard players look to CtB as easy is because they often go from their usual death-stream maps and go to CtB to find it to be easy as cake, when they should know that all game modes are hard in their own retrospect, you just need to find the right maps for it. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/25165&m=0 this map is fair difficult in standard, but it's also much harder in catch the beat https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=25165&m=2 It's actually quite fun in an overall note. And every time I try to introduce players to the CtB mode they tend to like it a lot, most of the time. :)
Shota

Kitokofox wrote:

The main reason a lot of standard players look to CtB as easy is because they often go from their usual death-stream maps and go to CtB to find it to be easy as cake
One guy didn't even know he had 'Ctb available' as a mode they looked it up through their beat map list. I had to explain how to change the mode and everything. When they found it and played it they then went about their way to call it super easy, yet when they tried an ar10 map that they watched me play and they failed in a matter of seconds. However they continued to brag about how easy the mode was and that they'll kick my butt. Moral of the story is at least the CTB community isn't as bad as the standards mode's. This isn't even the only story I have about standard players acting cockier than me which is really something.
Salamat
I played long ago but quit because I had no interest in this type of music back then, but the concept of the game was awesome.

I come back in September of 2013 and this music has become a part of me. If I stayed from the start, who knows what I could have accomplished.
10crystalmask01
Somehow it's easier to level in CtB faster then in osu!Standard :?

Meh.
Her
Im too new to have an opinion and I am not connected to the community in basically every way but this game is fun. That's about as far as
my opinion goes. I just want to catch fruit and be good at catching fruit
Laharl

J o J o wrote:

Full of arrogant players, less fun.
I miss old ctb.
Basically this + the problem with multiaccs
"Old ctb"'s also related to the retarded mapping mappers do nowadays.
Kisetsunotori
Important to osu!
Gifu
I dont usually play CtB but when i play its always awesome! I appriciate all of you who play ctb mainly!!!
youtubeunicorn123
Imo I think CTB is fun and easy to play with! :D
Call me a weirdo idc