forum

[resolved] [confirmed] osu crashes if the beatmap is longer than the audio file

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aqo
Problem Details:
if I try to ctrl+c ctrl+v a long enough pattern (in edit mode obviously) that would extend outside of the end of the mp3/ogg then osu crashes as soon as I paste it.
if I replace the mp3/ogg of a map file with another one and then the map file ends up being longer than the mp3/ogg, osu crashes upon opening that map in edit mode.
basically, beatmaps longer than audio files make osu crash. please teach osu to deal with those cases as they're a common by-step when working on editing music/map files and sometimes during your work process you want to have a beatmap longer than the audio file; osu should be able to extend the timeline accordingly when needed and not just crash

osu! version: 20140121 (latest)
TheVileOne
It isn't crashing for me. The notes that are outside the mp3 are removed when I test play.
Topic Starter
Aqo
try in mania mode
Topic Starter
Aqo
this issue is still around. please address this

easy way to reproduce: open any random mania map, press ctrl+a, ctrl+x, move to close to the map's ending, ctrl+v. congratulations your osu crashed

Ayesha Altugle

Aqo wrote:

easy way to reproduce: open any random mania map, press ctrl+a, ctrl+x, move to close to the map's ending, ctrl+v. congratulations your osu crashed

I was able to replicate it and the error was this
Error 1
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at #Ei.#Ii.#7O()
at osu.GameModes.Edit.Editor.#7O()
at osu.GameModes.Edit.Editor.#Ls()
at #rb.#xb.#Ls()
at #1h.#0h.#Ls()
at #rb.#xb.#6s()
at #rb.#xb.#ht(Object , EventArgs )
at #rb.#Bb.#Ct()
at #rb.#Rb.#Rv(Object , EventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #rb.#Rb.#nt()
at #rb.#xb.#nt()
at #1h.#np.#Iwb(String , Boolean )
woc2006
fixed
Rei Hakurei
i remember told this to woc yesterday, even this thing is a duplicate for me.
TheVileOne
Confirming until it is fixed on the test build.
peppy
Woc submitted a fix I didn't approve of, so this isn't fixed yet in any build.
Nathanael
[woc2006] Fix osu crashes if the beatmap is longer than the audio file. (fixes /t/180877)
peppy
It's up on test build, if you'd like to actually confirm resolved.
Marcin

Aqo wrote:

I was still able to reproduce it using this method on latest test version.

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index out of array range
w #Ei.#Ii.#6O()
w osu.GameModes.Edit.Editor.#6O()
w osu.GameModes.Edit.Editor.#Ms()
w #rb.#xb.#Ms()
w #1h.#0h.#Ms()
w #rb.#xb.#7s()
w #rb.#xb.#it(Object , EventArgs )
w #rb.#Bb.#Dt()
w #rb.#Rb.#Sv(Object , EventArgs )
w System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
w System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
w System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
w System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
w System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
w #rb.#Rb.#ot()
w #rb.#xb.#ot()
w #1h.#np.#Iwb(String , Boolean )
peppy
Test once more on test build? Not 100% sure I published the fix.
Marcin
Still same: b20140223.01test

EDIT: .02 too.
woc2006
fixed again.
peppy
Test build updated.
Marcin
Fixed now.
peppy
Thanks for testing.