forum

Post mapping techniques that annoy you

posted
Total Posts
show more
Lanturn
On Easy/Normal diffs.

Unless this has a name, I call it the 'Clap Disease'

These circles are really really uncomfortable to hit, which is odd because you'd think hitting a clap note would be simple enough. This is the number one cause of accuracy loss in Easy/Normal diffs XD

This picture comes from this beatmap (TuEasy diff) Notice how rarely anyone has 100% on what should be a pretty simple song, as it is very easy to follow.
BlackStat
Hiding sliders directly under sliders, along with a quick beat between them.

Besides this, anyone hate when a custom skin is in place and is horrible in contrast to the back ground? Retardly bright circles with a white back ground really make me steam.
Koko Ban
^ play this without any funspoilers on

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/11436
YamatoAkira
>Deathstream with high BPM but slow AR
>Any beatmap that has very small hitcircle
>Very fast slider jump (As in TQBF-The Big Black)
>Beat after spinner that less than 20-40 ms
>Ninja Slider
D33d

Lanturn wrote:

On Easy/Normal diffs.

Unless this has a name, I call it the 'Clap Disease'

These circles are really really uncomfortable to hit, which is odd because you'd think hitting a clap note would be simple enough. This is the number one cause of accuracy loss in Easy/Normal diffs XD

This picture comes from this beatmap (TuEasy diff) Notice how rarely anyone has 100% on what should be a pretty simple song, as it is very easy to follow.
I don't see how these should be hard to hit if they're done properly and there's a downbeat to start them off. It even makes more musical sense to "clap" on the backbeat.
Hoax_old
I despise long sliders... Not needed
Fahe
High hp drain. I agree with the fact that you shouldn't be able to pass a map with 70/75% accuracy, but unable to pass a map with roughly 90% gets on my nerves <_<
OsuMe65
Big Brother sliders
theleoleole
I hate... SO FAR JUMPS xD

and.... some random pattern maybe>.<
Tenyante
Minisliders.
lyut
Tornado Jumps
Setsuen
1. Streams (*Just started trying insane map and fail at streams because I either 300's them or accidentally MISS*)
2. Sudden slider velocity change like in Blackhole-Pluto
3. Short slider with a reverse arrow that reverse 8193891238times.
4. Hit circles that like to hide in between sliders
5. Consecutive curvy sliders that overlap each other a little
6.LONGG Jump
7.4Consecutive spaced hit circles.(I can do 3 but when it comes to 4 I have a 50%chance of missing 1 of them)

Luckily I have no issues with Star patterns.... yet..
Me168
MAPS WITH A FAST HP DRAIN THAT PUT A 5 SECOND HP KILLER IN THE SONG RIGHT BEFORE THE END THAT WILL CAUSE YOU TO FAIL ARE THE WORST THING EVER CREATED
aBunny
fast singles like these:

heck, it doesnt even have to be fast. it can be slow and ill miss all of them
EZ2ACTux
Streams, of any way shape or form. Their just a pain in the ass. I can NEVER seem to hit them correctly. Long streams are even worse. Also those streams that are not related to any beat in the music in any way and are just there to be annoying. Why have a stream that isn't even in time with the music?!?
Multtari
Going back and forth, might be able to do them couple of times but everything after that is certain miss or fail.

Gigantic O.T.N (S.S) would be best example of this, almost passed at first try now i can't get past start because of those.

Airman has some of those too
kyun_DELETED
Really small bouncing sliders. Trying to FC a song with those are always a pain.
Myke B
I hate singling val's maps, because of his slider technique, but I love to alternate them, and their always fun to play. I just don't like alternating if I don't have to ><
Zexion
Sudden slider velocity changes. Seriously, WHY would you change the SV because YOU believe it fits the song where everyone else can't feel any changes in the tempo whatsoever. That only breaks your combo (and makes me rage in the process). Special mention for insane HP drain.
Redon
Ryu Sei
Deathstream. That's enough for me to fail a track.
Nyxa
- Maps where the mapper is trying too hard to be original, and wind up being annoying to play. Generally have weird patterns that take a few plays to learn the flow of.
- When the sv doesn't fit the BPM. It doesn't play all too terribly, but just feels weird. Don't do it.
- Shrinking/expanding squares/diamonds/triangles. For some reason I can do Saten's expanding+rotating star and circle jumps, but those other shapes are beyond me.
- Tornado jumps.
- Awkward streams. This would be streams with notes randomly sticking out in places, or making unintuitive curves. It's already hard enough to stream accurately. Not annoying on slower maps, if done right.
- Stacks on sliderends, but those are only annoying with HD.
- Sliderstreams, especially when they're spaced out badly. Sliders just make streams harder, unless they're "safety net" kick sliders.
- Triple spam.
- Singletap streams, or however you call those long ropes of evenly spaced singles. You move across them like a regular slider, but they're incredibly hard to follow when there's a lack of feedback.
- Fullscreen jumpspam. Self-evident.
- Expanding linear jumps. Can be found at around the 60% point of Airman. Terrible to play, especially near the bottom of the screen.
- AR9 on maps that should've been AR10. This is definitely the most annoying thing out of all of this. Goes for most 0108 maps, and maps like Distorted Lovesong. Once you start spamming notes at 240BPM, you should realize that AR10 is necessary. People bitching about AR10 shouldn't lead mappers to just put AR9 on everything that isn't 360BPM. Then again, I even think Freedom Dive should've been AR10, so maybe that's just me.
Lach

-Scylla- wrote:

- AR9 on maps that should've been AR10. This is definitely the most annoying thing out of all of this. Goes for most 0108 maps, and maps like Distorted Lovesong. Once you start spamming notes at 240BPM, you should realize that AR10 is necessary. People bitching about AR10 shouldn't lead mappers to just put AR9 on everything that isn't 360BPM. Then again, I even think Freedom Dive should've been AR10, so maybe that's just me.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh wait, you're serious?

To make it look like my post is meaningful and not just laughing at you, I'd have to say my least favuorite thing in maps would have to be cross-screen symmetry. I find it really awkward to play when people put a circle on the complete opposite side of the map just because there's one on the other side, but that's just me.
Blueprint
Doubles

SPAM - maps that make me alternate more than single (MAKE ME)
OzzyOzrock
On taiko, unfitting x2 sections. "Map's too boring, better speed up."
nooblet

Blueprint wrote:

Doubles

SPAM - maps that make me alternate more than single (MAKE ME)
WHAT'S WRONG WITH ALTERNATING GHDKFJGNSLFJGN

Hate doubles +1

Slider streams +1, only the ones that make you stream the exact BPM though.

Messed up rhythm+no hit sound on notes. Maps with these shouldn't even be ranked.

What I hate the most, though, would have to be a 1/2 beat gap after a stream RIGHT UNDER THE LAST FIRETRUCKING NOTE. Automatic miss+drop combo for streaming ONE extra note. What the firetruck, that's just cruel. Even something like 5 notes is enough to screw me over 'cuz I usually hit 5's 6 times...
Izzypookins
Sliders that make totally obnoxious shapes drive me nuts.

Also, maps that have changes in silder speed for no reason.
Nyxa

Lach wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh wait, you're serious?
What's so funny about personal preference?
Karuta-_old_1
I love them all, unfortunately
Skriggniichan
Doubles and single taps that are clustered up together in tight ass patterns(only when Im playing DT)
djjsixpack
Hmm been a year, time for an update I suppose.

3/4 sliders on 1/4 that do not fit with the music (which is pretty much all of them). One or two of them here and there to add more variation is fine if they fit well enough with the music. Too many can kill the rhythm of the map. Example map = https://osu.ppy.sh/s/75509 (Insane)

1/4 (or 1/3 for that matter) stream jumps. Plays like crap 99% of the time. Example map = https://osu.ppy.sh/b/153926# (Expert), https://osu.ppy.sh/s/39428# (Insane).

Slider streams, by that I mean 1/8 sliders mapped as a 1/4 stream. Example map = https://osu.ppy.sh/b/169841&m=0 (Grumd). Plenty of them in there.

Pretty much any or all of those in a map will make me quit the map mid way and not play it again for a while (if at all). Slider streams and 3/4 sliders are annoying but I can still enjoy them occasionally. However, maps with stream jumps will never be higher than a 3/10 in my opinion, and that's being generous.

EDIT: I also really hate it when mappers put stupidly hard parts immediately after a long break. Pisses me off more than anything when I SS a song up until a break and then immediately miss. And while we are at it, I hate songs whose first note starts on the first audible part of the song so I have to retry the song like 8 times to not get a 100 if I am playing on hidden.
laref
Stacks you can't see are stacks. The circles are put exactly ontop of each other, so you first find out after hitting the first one.
DeletedUser_4041880
Cross screen jumps
Streams with sliders in them (especially if the stream is fast and there's repeat sliders)
Maps with barely any hit sound feedback
TINY HIT CIRCLES JUST WHY
Split second spinners with a ninja note in the middle

Most of my rage goes to tiny hit circles. I can't hit those damn things. Ever.
Vuelo Eluko
Streams that change the note spacing during the stream.
antijumps.
anything over 195 bpm thats set to ar8 or below
tornado jumps [think airman]
B1rd
Anything CS3 that's not easy or normal.
BrosephStalin
AndreasHD
I hate it when the stream suddenly continue another place. Same rythm, but still a sudden "jump" ..

Note that there is 3 notes here, like a triple click.
Kaeru
Doubles. That is all. Triples are great because you end off on the same key you started on, but on doubles you don't and it just feels.. wrong. I don't really mind if the doubles are spread out a bit, but when the two circles are stacked directly on top of each other that is the worst.
Hell
+1 hate to squares
+1 hate to sliders in streams
+1 hate to slider speed change
+1 hate to songs that are inconsistent in difficulty (Like Pretender, the RLC map, I can full combo the song up until the solo with high accuracy, then fail)

edit: first post, yay.
you know sa is down
Rirakusu
very largely spaced circles where you have to play connect-the-dots. (yes Atama and Freedom, I'm looking at both of you)
show more