forum

[resolved] [confirmed] avatars above 128x128 not resizing correctly.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
- Shark -
Problem Details:
This was originally happening to my brother, but now his is fixed and it is what it is supposed to be
Mine was originally fine, now its.... HUGE and Its not what its supposed to be :P !
Note: These are only having errors in clients, not on the website

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20140127 (latest)
FrzR
Strange. It's not happening on my part. What resolution are you running?
Topic Starter
- Shark -

Fr33z3R wrote:

Strange. It's not happening on my part. What resolution are you running?
Same as always (1600x900)
But when my brother logs onto this pic his picture is fine
FrzR
Hmm. Avatar sizes are limited up to 128 pixels only. Probably a graphical glitch or something. Did this problem occur the time before you changed your avatar?
Full Tablet

Possibly related to this?
deadbeat
this happens in other places as well. it also happens here -> https://osu.ppy.sh/p/friends
going to confirm and rename thread a bit
RBRat3

Full Tablet wrote:

Possibly related to this?

No I dont believe so at least not client side...

But the friends listing web side probably is.

Rename it back as I believe these are unrelated
deadbeat

RBRat3 wrote:

No I dont believe so at least not client side...

But the friends listing web side probably is.
it's not. i've got 2 friends with avatar's that aren't being scaled down
RBRat3
am I amongst your firends because my avatar is 256px... Do I show up huge on your client?

Would like screen shots..
deadbeat
unable to provide screenshots myself at this present time since i'm at work. if it helps, try add Soly or/and Ilfri and see if their avatars are fine here -> https://osu.ppy.sh/p/friends
Nathanael
Added RBRat3 as friend and I see it not resized. I tried to changed my avatar to a larger one.
RBRat3

deadbeat wrote:

unable to provide screenshots myself at this present time since i'm at work. if it helps, try add Soly or/and Ilfri and see if their avatars are fine here -> https://osu.ppy.sh/p/friends
Yes firends "web side" is munted that is related to the fix but does this happen "client side"?

Im fairly certain the fix and client bug are completely unrelated, The thread should be renamed back to what it was and run another post for friends listing. (if it's not fixed by then)
deadbeat
well it's been fixed in the friend listing now. using a 256x256 avatar and not having issues ingame.
nateshark, is everything fine on your end yet?
XPJ38
I thought avatars were automatically resized to 128x128 on upload?

(in ucp.php?i=profile&mode=avatar)
Nathanael
Maybe it only rescales so users who have high (HD) monitor resolutions can view it better.
XPJ38
Makes sense, but the UCP page should show "256x256 max" then.
Stefan
So Avatars can be above 128x128? Or do they just get resized to a optimal size of 128x128?
Nathanael
We can now upload 256x256 avatars and they'll be resized depending on the resolutions. The forum sticks to 128x128 I think.

XPJ38 wrote:

Makes sense, but the UCP page should show "256x256 max" then.
That's what I think of. <.<
TakuMii
Odd... my avatar is 200x200 and it shows up fine (both in the menu screens and the user list). Maybe the problem is limited to 256x256?
Topic Starter
- Shark -

deadbeat wrote:

well it's been fixed in the friend listing now. using a 256x256 avatar and not having issues ingame.
nateshark, is everything fine on your end yet?
Sorry for the late reply :) . yes everything is fine over here :D
Thank you deadbeat <3 Forever sexy deadbeat