forum

My pp suddenly changed!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
gman
This is really weird. I had exactly 1,341pp and after playing this beatmap: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/40344 on the AngelHoney difficulty, my pp changed to 1,641 meaning it rose by 300pp more. So, is this a bug or was it just uncalculated pp? I don't want to get ranked with bugs and glitches so please if it really is a bug, how can I change it back? :?:
Me168
Im not an expert on this new system at all, but I know for sure that it's done by the combination of all of your scores, and now also includes how difficult a song is to create the pp score

Your scores was so good on such a difficult map that you got a ton of extra pp

Im sure somebody can give you more detailed information on it, that's just the "Me168 Sucks at Explaining Things" version
Topic Starter
gman
But I didn't even pass the song. I failed somewhere in the middle of the beatmap and after that, my pp changed, so did my accuracy.
Tom94
The algorithm changed and pp is recalculating for every player right now. By making a score you made it re-calculate your pp immediately, hence the change in pp. Within the next few days everyone's pp will change according to the new algorithm.
Topic Starter
gman
I see. Thank you for your replies people! :)
buny

Tom94 wrote:

The algorithm changed and pp is recalculating for every player right now. By making a score you made it re-calculate your pp immediately, hence the change in pp. Within the next few days everyone's pp will change according to the new algorithm.
failing a song to see if i get some peppy points
Synchrostar
yes no change in pp at all~

dropping ranks np
NekomimiD
My pp jumped 100 points randomly today too (although I still don't have much). I thought it was pretty weird, but I guess if everyone starts to jump from the recalculations then it doesn't mean very much :(
buny
#2 nz

rip
asd

Tom94 wrote:

So once you pass a song and your pp jumps because you are recalculated, it won't fluctuate like that anymore? Or will it fluctuate a lot in the next couple of days?
Tokiwadai

Azutsun wrote:

Tom94 wrote:

So once you pass a song and your pp jumps because you are recalculated, it won't fluctuate like that anymore? Or will it fluctuate a lot in the next couple of days?
It won't fluctuate like that after it does it once. You only need to play one song (pass or fail) for your PP to update to the new algorithm.
RaneFire
From what I can tell, watching other players ranks after their last play, the update can take an hour or more. I think it's because it calls for a full refresh of all your scores and that takes a while since it's also doing everyone else in the process.

So yeah, it's not instant, unless the system has already processed your scores. In that case you only need to play once and you get your 'new' rank.

This is all speculation of course.
Blueprint
I got 1000 pp for breaking my fingers on mythologys end with 40% accuracy

I claimed compensation for my fingers
Tekklorn
Well people's PP have been going crazy over the past few hours (so I have noticed). Like I gained about 300 or so PP today and the UK top 50 rankings has been going bonkers, people have been gaining bunches of PP and the places have been shuffled around so maybe peppy or Tom is making adjustments to the ranking system?

EDIT: Wow I'm blind, didn't notice that Tom actually explained this already xD
NotCookie_old

buny wrote:

#2 nz

rip
lol is something bugged? your global rank is higher than solys, but soly has more pp o_O
buny
double post woops
Big
I just played a couple of songs, and I was utterly confused when after finishing them my rank went from 6625 to ~6900. I'm honestly afraid to play because I don't want to be >7000 :(

Neither of these songs gave me PP
beeboy123
Wait what I dont even....

(I thought the second page was the entire thread woops)
buny
probably because i've refreshed my stats by playing already

oh well watching my rank drop while waiting for my pp update

e/ back to #1
NotCookie_old
Soly making the comeback with that global though!

(what is happening)
ballplay
my pp stayed the same but i dropped 300 ranks
Myke B
yea, I dropped 300 as well T_T my acc just randomly dropped .40% I hope it's just not fully calculated and will change in my favor lol.
Yano
LeL ... now I'm in the Top 10k

(PPv1)24k -> (PrePPv2)20k -> PPv2(18k) -> 14k -> 13k -> (Today) 9.5k

Now my Rank dropped back
show more