forum

[Editor] New ways of drawing sliders

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
Mattoi
Hi, it's my first request. I didn't find any similar topic though. I had this idea with all my experiencing with Adobe Fireworks, and I made some pictures to show.

Maybe this can be called a "Brush Tool":

And this can maybe be a "Pen Tool" (it's the name of the tool in fireworks, it does not remember a pen for me, though)

I hope it doesn't confuse anyone, I'm not that good at english.

Comment what do you think~
mm201
First request: I could see it working. Add control points to a Catmull slider as you drag the mouse around. Would I use it? No. Catmull sliders look like crap, as do curves drawn with the mouse. (Just look at your examples!)

Second request: Kinda pointless IMO. The existing Bezier slider interface works almost the same way. You can (almost) do the other thing using red control points as well, although due to an unfixable bug, the later segments won't be the very same as the first.
anonymous_old
MetalMario201 summed up what I was gonna say.
Topic Starter
Mattoi

MetalMario201 wrote:

First request: I could see it working. Add control points to a Catmull slider as you drag the mouse around. Would I use it? No. Catmull sliders look like crap, as do curves drawn with the mouse. (Just look at your examples!)

Second request: Kinda pointless IMO. The existing Bezier slider interface works almost the same way. You can (almost) do the other thing using red control points as well, although due to an unfixable bug, the later segments won't be the very same as the first.
Seems you didn't understand what the precision means, it's to make the drawing a bit more smooth, better than catmull sliders' interface.
Yeah, almost. The second tool I'm requesting gives you more control to the curves and it's easier, in my opinion.

Can someone say what is IMO?
anonymous_old

MattWin wrote:

Can someone say what is IMO?
[google:e9e98]define:imo[/google:e9e98]

You can be precise by adding a zillion points.
Skyripper
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp

Skyripper wrote:

strager wrote:

You can be precise by adding a zillion points.
Yeah, generally the thing that screws my precision is grid snapping.
Silly Skipper - just disable grid snapping when making sliders.
Skyripper
Oh duh. Well, this isn't the worst idea, it's just a minimal improvement imo.