forum

I need help with school assignment.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yurio
Well I have been busy with school lately. I might not have told you, but I study 3D & Animation. These next weeks we are working on character development. So I need to Make a Character and Draw some silhouettes and I'm very bad at drawing.

If any of you are really good at drawing and using photoshop and making silhouettes , contact me.
Because I have some questions.

I'm going to stream the school assignment, so if you just give me feedback there or here I wouldn't mind! :3

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/ashiirn

EDIT: Stream is currently offline, need to sort some things out. I will stream later today.
Cyclohexane
Oh wow hey look a school assignment that isn't about reading a blog or liking a Facebook page

Props
Vish024
I'm assuming you mean college/university, not high school which is what I thought of immediately.
Topic Starter
Yurio

LaVolpe024 wrote:

I'm assuming you mean college/university, not high school which is what I thought of immediately.
It's university yeah

Mr Color wrote:

Oh wow hey look a school assignment that isn't about reading a blog or liking a Facebook page

Props
I don't know if you were joking or not :p If you were, the reason I was on facebook because it's easier to contact my classmates from there :p
RBRat3
Going under the assumption this is a modeling/rig exercise.

Were there any rules stating that you couldn't use already drawn up free ortho references? just guessing the whole point of the exercise is how well you can carry likeness over.

nvm I see what's going on...
Topic Starter
Yurio

RBRat3 wrote:

Going under the assumption this is a modeling/rig exercise.

Were there any rules stating that you couldn't use already drawn up free ortho references? just guessing the whole point of the exercise is how well you can carry likeness over.

nvm I see what's going on...
This is the beginning of character development, so we are free to use refrences etc. But the next assignments we're not allowed.
silmarilen
isnt drawing a character part of the asignment? its ok to ask for help, but you're basically asking us to do part of your assignment now.
Topic Starter
Yurio

silmarilen wrote:

isnt drawing a character part of the asignment? its ok to ask for help, but you're basically asking us to do part of your assignment now.
Nah, i'm not asking you to make one for me. I'm asking you to give me some tips and on how I can make proper silhouettes.
RBRat3

silmarilen wrote:

If this was just 3d character modeling it wouldn't hurt him, Most enthusiasts in that field will almost always be using another persons 2d references opposed to their own work but with slight personal direction... would probably be more beneficial "cheating" that way plus you get the added input from another party ;p

Only real exception to this is practice and going into business for yourself (such as indie game/films).
Sethlied
Do you have to make a personality for the character?

EDIT: If you are wondering what to make your character look like just use Touhou models as reference.
FrzR

Mr Color wrote:

Props
Shivarion

[a Shiirn] wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

Nah, i'm not asking you to make one for me. I'm asking you to give me some tips and on how I can make proper silhouettes.
Ask for google :D
ivan
x
ALTKID

Shivarion wrote:

Ask for google :D
Google will help you in any kind of situation :D