forum

What is between insane and 0108?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Myke B
another, hyper, and some extras. Really depends on what map it is.
Weed
scarlet rose is the only map that matters. all other maps are just maps. nothing special.
Venumidas
Depends on Map, somebody could just call a extremly easy map 0108, and a insane map easy.

I would say that it's Insane-Another/Hyper-0108.

Edit: Just saw someone else wrote nearly the same thing.
Reborn
Myke B

bewaredrev wrote:

scarlet rose is the only map that matters. all other maps are just maps. nothing special.
remote control. It's 2014 buddy - get with the program.
buny

bewaredrev wrote:

scarlet rose is the only map that matters.
Lach
Difficulty names are relative to each other, within the difficulty spread.. There's hards and hypers that are far harder than some "insane" maps. Also the people on the osu! reddit are all retarded. I suppose it's much like every other part of reddit.
AmaiHachimitsu
0108 is just an Insane mapped in specific style (by val0108). Some are hard, some are EZ. It's not that 0108 differ so much from Extra or even simply Insanes
buny
0108 style only seems hard because the only maps that are 0108 style are at least 260bpm
the map generally can be mapped harder since 0108 style uses mostly sliders and focusing on slider art
Sal32
Between insane and 0108?
Skystar I guess
Soulg

Sal32 wrote:

Between insane and 0108?
Skystar I guess
no
ballplay
most hypers are as hard as hard difficulty maps. insane < another < 0108 generally
Soulg
hyper is hard, another is insane, extra is harder insane (but not always)

0108, skystar, S.S maps are insane, varying degree of difficulty but the latter two are almost always difficult awhile 0108 can be easy depending on the song
Myke B
The majority of the hypers that I have played are generally harder than "hard" difficulty - is this really not the case?
Sal32
What about hard+ then?
Soulg
it's different per song, as someone else said there are hards that are harder than some insanes, and hyper is the same thing. its not literally the same but hyper is generally used to name hards or just REALLY easy insanes
Icyteru
Insanes cover everything above hard
iderekmc

Myke B wrote:

bewaredrev wrote:

but scarlet rose is still harder xD

Myke B wrote:

The majority of the hypers that I have played are generally harder than "hard" difficulty - is this really not the case?
yea hyper is much harder than hard lol
Aq0_old

Myke B wrote:

bewaredrev wrote:

Remote Control is easy, I never failed it and I'm a noob.

On-topic: There's a player/mapper called val0108, he's mapping.
He's making really hard maps sometimes, like Saten ("Saten" in guest diffs) and Blue Dragon. ("Nogard" in guest diffs)

Example when he makes really hard maps and they aren't "0108" in difficulty name:
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/108529 (FREEDOM is the hardest diff here)

But, when he does it as a guest difficulty, he names it something with "0108":
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/60096 (0108 is the hardest diff here)
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/40344 (Nogard is the hardest here, but as I said, you can recognize some mappers by their diff names)
Akali

1-3-3-7 wrote:

Game is about getting full combo/closest to it and a good accuracy, not a "pass" (which is cool, but to spam your friends about it, not determining difficulty of the map) You can pass Airman by literally staying on one side of the screen and hitting half of the jumps, but that doesn't make Airman an easy map since having an FC on it is impossible for white people
Myke B

1-3-3-7 wrote:

Bro.. them jumps.. them PP's..
Wishy
The difficulty scale is like this:

Scarlet Rose - Scarlet Rose - Scarlet Rose - Scarlet Rose - Scarlet Rose - 0108 - Scarlet Rose - Scarlet Rose - Scarlet Rose - Scarlet Rose。
buny

Akali wrote:

1-3-3-7 wrote:

Game is about getting full combo/closest to it and a good accuracy, not a "pass" (which is cool, but to spam your friends about it, not determining difficulty of the map) You can pass Airman by literally staying on one side of the screen and hitting half of the jumps, but that doesn't make Airman an easy map since having an FC on it is impossible for white people
the game is about clicking dots to a rhythm that nobody ever maps to anymore because difficulty comes into mind before flow
Akali

buny wrote:

the game is about clicking dots to a rhythm that nobody ever maps to anymore because difficulty comes into mind before flow
That's what you do to reach the goal. Which is high combo and accuracy.

Also I don't know what are you talking about, there are enough maps that flow super well, and the ones that are hard for sake of being hard are great for the game, making it less stale.
Aq0_old

Myke B wrote:

1-3-3-7 wrote:

Practice http://osu.ppy.sh/s/41242 on Saten/Nyaten difficulties until u get the jumpy parts FCed, every jump will be easy for you :)
-Chronopolis-
Hyper = hard+ to easyish insane [median hyper difficulty is 21tp]
Another = moderate insane to difficult insane[median another difficulty is ~41tp]

Extra = difficult insane or post-insane [~100 maps, median extra difficulty is ~56tp]

SS = difficult insane or post-insane [16 beatmaps , median is 59tp]
Sky Star = same [17 maps, median 66tp]
0108 = some difficult insanes, some post-insanes, and some end-game maps. [22 maps, 21 if you don't count atama no taisou twice, median 73]

Oh, didn't realize SS refers to Star Stream which is seperate from SkyStar may be seperate. Either way, they both mean ****ing hard.

Honestly, the difficulty varies a fair amount for each difficulty, and even similiar difficulty maps may be doable or not doable depending on your strengths. Just try the maps and see for yourself.
Mizuno Yui

Wishy wrote:

The difficulty scale is like this:

Scarlet Rose - Scarlet Rose - Scarlet Rose - Scarlet Rose - Scarlet Rose - 0108 - Scarlet Rose - Scarlet Rose - Scarlet Rose - Scarlet Rose。
That would be awesome:

"This beatmap is 0,7 Scarlet Rose."
Soulg

1-3-3-7 wrote:

Myke B wrote:

Practice http://osu.ppy.sh/s/41242 on Saten/Nyaten difficulties until u get the jumpy parts FCed, every jump will be easy for you :)
both are easy just lot of 280 singletapping
Myke B

1-3-3-7 wrote:

Yea, I never said it was hard, but the fact that the jumps are the way they are - gives you a good amount of PP.
buny

Akali wrote:

buny wrote:

That's what you do to reach the goal. Which is high combo and accuracy.

Also I don't know what are you talking about, there are enough maps that flow super well, and the ones that are hard for sake of being hard are great for the game, making it less stale.
no, that's a competitive standpoint. The whole POINT of this game is to click dots to a rhythm. Shit, even the words on the top right say "rhythm is just a click away"

also opinions
Aq0_old

Myke B wrote:

1-3-3-7 wrote:

Yea, I never said it was hard, but the fact that the jumps are the way they are - gives you a good amount of PP.
Ah, I just have no idea how PP works, I play insanes on DT, if I fail once I play them normally and I rank up most of the times, if I get lower than A, I just re-play 3 times, if I don't get an A/S/SS I move to another map.
lyut
They are just difficulty names given by the mapper, they're not compared to an actual difficulty though... The difficulty of the map is based on it's geometry and the setting the mapper chose for it. I know many hard songs that are more difficult than a lot of insanes...
JAKACHAN
"Play this map it gives a ton of PP"

This is what games have turned into.
Myke B

JAKACHAN wrote:

"Play this map it gives a ton of PP"

This is what games have turned into.
If you're referring to what I said - it was just a joke much like saying scarlet rose lol. Remote Control is a slightly overrated map in my opinion. I have 5k songs (which isn't a lot) but I didn't search for any of them by what gave the most PP.