forum

skill level relative to number of plays

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nakage

TSC wrote:

Please keep your ego down
Are you jealous of my lack of a life? Because if you have one, I would gladly trade. Also yes, the Michelangelo quote was used as reference.
Coffee Hero
Are you jealous of my lack of a life? Because if you have one, I would gladly trade. Also yes, the Michelangelo quote was used as reference.
Putting yourself on a high pedestal and trying to downplay as much as possible, It's like you want people to praise you and recognize you for your actions.
Soarezi
Wait how the fuck do you have only 3k plays after 3 months and playing 12 hours a day? I get 2k easily in a week even if i play 5 hours a day
Coffee Hero

Soarezi wrote:

Wait how the fuck do you have only 3k plays after 3 months and playing 12 hours a day? I get 2k easily in a week even if i play 5 hours a day
"offline"
Soarezi

TSC wrote:

Soarezi wrote:

"offline"
Best joke EU
Nakage

Soarezi wrote:

I play songs all the way through. It was more of an exaggeration though, it's only been the past couple of weeks that I've been playing 12 hour days. The time before was usually 3-5 hours a day, and I have played offline for a month before I have even made the account. Most of my plays are from playing a song 2-3 minutes in and then having to retry.

If I play a lot of short songs on DT and retry often for acc then I could rack up that many plays easily as well, but I have decided to go the long way and play the 3-4 minute long songs for ranks, just because I'm more comfortable with long songs than fast ones.

TSC wrote:

"offline"
Wrong, next please? I have no benefit to having a low play count, so why is it so important to you to try to debunk something that is right in front of your face? Quit being so ignorant. (Believe me, if I was aiming for a low play count, don't you think I would aim for something like 500 plays, not 3000?) My end goal is to reach 100k plays. At this rate, it will take a while, but I want to do it.
Coffee Hero
and I have played offline for a month before I have even made the account.
But But... *sigh*

I have no benefit to having a low play count, so why is it so important to you to try to debunk something that is right in front of your face
Apparently you do because you try to bring it up in literally every post you've made on this forum, including your signature.
Nakage

TSC wrote:

and I have played offline for a month before I have even made the account.
But But... *sigh*
oh.. ok, I'll give you that one. (Even though it was after you made the post)

I don't play offline since I've made the account. I just don't like it when people disregard an accomplishment as abuse of the system when it actually isn't, but that's just me.

TSC wrote:

I have no benefit to having a low play count, so why is it so important to you to try to debunk something that is right in front of your face
Apparently you do because you try to bring it up in literally every post you've made on this forum, including your signature.
I think it's because every post I've included it it's been relevant (Only about 3-4 posts have mention of it? One of them being the rank drop from ppv2, which EVERYONE DID). If you haven't noticed, I wasn't the first person to bring it up on the posts that I mention it. I post something, someone says I'm a fake because my play count is low. I say they're wrong that play count means nothing. Would you please stop taking things out of context?

The point of my signature is to prove it means nothing. I at a personal level don't benefit from it. Maybe I'll start posting like you envision me.

"You guys are all terrible because you play THAT MUCH and you're that terrible? rofl, oh my god you guys suck! Seriously, look how good I am in the amount of time that I play. Seriously, quit now while you have the chance."

Reading is hard.
Myke B
Breh, it's obvious - You like to brag about your low play count. It's w/e lol, but it's a bit too consistent :P
Nakage

Myke B wrote:

Breh, it's obvious - You like to brag about your low play count. It's w/e lol, but it's a bit too consistent :P
Of course I do because I feel it's an accomplishment :3 Most of my posts are just me sharing my opinion and personal experiences. I think it's important to note, however, that including this thread and the ppv2 feedback thread, I have only mentioned it in 3 threads. I've pretty much gotten it out of my system, but if someone is asking a question (as the op did) then I will share my experiences/opinion.
Myke B
It is, but I can also see where they are coming from when they say it can be annoying at times. It's not a big deal at all though (to me at least).
Mayoi Hachikuji
I just came here to say that i have played 60k games in one year and I'm still bad.

Dunno 'bout my rank tho. PPV2 liked me. So yeah playcount doesn't matter, don't compare it to skill. ^_^
Rewben2

Nakage wrote:

Of course I do because I feel it's an accomplishment :3 Most of my posts are just me sharing my opinion and personal experiences. I think it's important to note, however, that including this thread and the ppv2 feedback thread, I have only mentioned it in 3 threads. I've pretty much gotten it out of my system, but if someone is asking a question (as the op did) then I will share my experiences/opinion.
The fact it's in your signature - and the only thing in your signature - says something.
Noobsicle
weowwwwwwwwwwwwwww

almost 4k prays and i can pass most ez insanes

for some stupid reason i used to always retry normal and hard songs like crazy
PlasticSmoothie
18k plays, sometimes I do get beaten by 12-13k people.
If you really do feel inferior due to stuff like that just tell yourself "Eh I'm probably WAAAAYYY more consistent than those scrubs!" and walk off with your nose in the sky.
-Chronopolis-

Nakage wrote:

It's easy. Just do what I do and play 12 hour days for 3 months straight (because I don't have a life due to medical issues, woo), then you can get to top 5k with only 3k plays!
Assuming 6 hours of gameplay a day and 3 minutes a song (no retries). 120 plays a day for 90 days = 10800.

Anyyways. I spent way too long finding a consistent mouse grip and getting used to having the mouse in a slightly different position every time I play.
Myke B

Mayoi Hachikuji wrote:

I just came here to say that i have played 60k games in one year and I'm still bad.

Dunno 'bout my rank tho. PPV2 liked me. So yeah playcount doesn't matter, don't compare it to skill. ^_^
rank 300 =/= bad, someone is looking for attention O.o
Soarezi

Myke B wrote:

Mayoi Hachikuji wrote:

Im rank 460 something and i suck dick.
Myke B

Soarezi wrote:

Im rank 460 something and i suck dick.
Compared to top players, sure, but in the grand scheme of things - you aren't bad. Saying that is just like a pretty girl saying she is ugly so everyone will tell her otherwise.
Soulg
in my personal opinion i am bad, i am nowhere near as good as i want to be and thus i spend much of my time practicing

so im rank 615 and i suck
NotCookie_old
I'm rank 23k and I'm the best player in the game
Myke B

Soulg wrote:

in my personal opinion i am bad, i am nowhere near as good as i want to be and thus i spend much of my time practicing

That's fine - you're comparing yourself to the best, and that's accurate to say you suck (no offence lol, especially coming from me) but you are definitely better than the average player. High school kids get called "good" all the time in sports, but really they probably not very good compared to professionals, but that doesn't mean they are bad. I suppose this is all my opinion though.
pielak213
­
Myke B

pielak213 wrote:

calling yourself bad>calling yourself good
lol - there's some real truth to that. Nobody who's good at something will say they are good because they are always comparing themselves to the best.
hinamizawan
I have 100k plays and I'll never be good compared to good players, couldn't even increase my pp even if I played good
Donloby
I feel like I should have made better use of my 5000 plays playing more hard's and insane's rather than playing more normal's and going for fc on every map I play. Though it has increased my accuracy(for hards and insanes), aim is something that could be better atm. I wonder if I'm good or bad considering my rank. I recently started playing only insanes with about a 96-97%% accuracy. Currently working on FCing them. FC this with DT+HD in less than 20 tries https://osu.ppy.sh/b/316260?m=0
Soulg

Myke B wrote:

Soulg wrote:

That's fine - you're comparing yourself to the best, and that's accurate to say you suck (no offence lol, especially coming from me) but you are definitely better than the average player. High school kids get called "good" all the time in sports, but really they probably not very good compared to professionals, but that doesn't mean they are bad. I suppose this is all my opinion though.
that's pretty true since im grinding my hand speed to be greater than nothing while watching cookiezi liveplays and being emo that my fingers cant move fast enough
Rewben2

pielak213 wrote:

Meh. If you believe you are good you might be inclined to play more opposed to thinking you are bad and thinking along the lines of "I'm awful, what's the point of even playing."
uzzi

Rewben2 wrote:

pielak213 wrote:

Meh. If you believe you are good you might be inclined to play more opposed to thinking you are bad and thinking along the lines of "I'm awful, what's the point of even playing."
I feel it's the opposite for me. I know for a fact that I'm not decent, so I figure that it's best to keep playing to improve and be decent. I get comments in my #spectator chat once in a while with people saying that I seem like a really good player, when really I'm not. It's more of a false hope thing. At least, that's how I see it.
GoldenWolf

Rewben2 wrote:

pielak213 wrote:

Or "I'm good, what would I play even more?" or "I'm bad, I want to play more to become good"
Icyteru

Rewben2 wrote:

I have a lot of plays/total hits for my rank (although I'm gaining ranks very quickly) and it doesn't bother me at all - I play because I enjoy it.
You have a higher ranked score than me lol
Mayoi Hachikuji

Myke B wrote:

Mayoi Hachikuji wrote:

Someone is quite good at farming ranks. Doesn't mean I'm good. MP me or make me play a map with streams that are longer than 10+ notes. ._.
RaneFire
Convincing yourself you are good is one of the most successful ways of quitting osu!

As long as you don't believe you are good, you are stuck here forever.
Myke B

Mayoi Hachikuji wrote:

Someone is quite good at farming ranks. Doesn't mean I'm good. MP me or make me play a map with streams that are longer than 10+ notes. ._.
You must have like ten trillion maps then.

Rewben2 wrote:

This may be a stretch, but I'm gonna just say that it's probably the opposite for most people.
Soulg
The people that stick around and continue playing the game don't think "i suck, why even play"

they think "i suck, i dont want to suck, i will keep playing until i no longer suck"
Myke B

Soulg wrote:

The people that stick around and continue playing the game don't think "i suck, why even play"

they think "i suck, i dont want to suck, i will keep playing until i no longer suck"
Exactly.
Weed
and that's how they get trapped because they're bad forever
Soulg

bewaredrev wrote:

and that's how they get trapped because they're bad forever
i'll be damned if im bad at hovering forever
Icyteru
I quit because osu! is bad for my life
Almost

Myke B wrote:

Mayoi Hachikuji wrote:

You must have like ten trillion maps then.
I can believe him since I'm in a similar position. I haven't done anything difficult at all and I'm rank 500 while I've seen plenty of players in the 1-2k ranks that FC things that I wish I could. You don't even need to have FC'd a lot of things, just need to play the right maps.
show more