forum

osu! Individual Championships 2014(Finals Map Pool Release!)

posted
Total Posts
show more
fabbbyyy v2
looking for 1v1's, get some free chips from me
MrBakpao
i don't understand with the chip, what the means of chip?
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose

Yoshi_green wrote:

May I resign from this tournament and become a referee? Mainly for three reasons:

1) I noticed there's a shortage of refs in this tournament, and since I'm online for 12 hours during the weekends, I think I can help by making things faster when there's a line of players waiting to play.

2) I suck. (Look at my match record)

3) My luck sucks. (Magic Girl picked 3 times in 10 games, what)

Anyways, if that's possible, I'll try my best as a ref; if not, then I wish everybody good luck
Because you have competed you would not be capable of being a referee. (You could be subconsciously biased against those you lost to)

fabbbyyy v2 wrote:

looking for 1v1's, get some free chips from me
If you're looking for a match the easiest way to find one is to tell a referee that is online.

malvin98 wrote:

i don't understand with the chip, what the means of chip?
Please read all of content in the first post :3

Moving the contest from google docs to an automated api-assisted website. Ill give more information when it is finished.
silmarilen
im going to resign from this tournament because i just cant find the motivation to do multiplayer matches, im giving all my chips to synchrostar
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose

silmarilen wrote:

im going to resign from this tournament because i just cant find the motivation to do multiplayer matches, im giving all my chips to synchrostar
Your chips will be sent as soon as I can get everything together. The family emergency just took a turn for the worse, and it looks bad. BUT, I will do my best to make sure that it doesn't effect this tournament too much.
Synchrostar

silmarilen wrote:

free chips yay
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose
Time for forced matches!

Anyone that goes without a match every week will be given a preset match. These matches will be chosen based on rank. (If you have 12+ chips you no longer fall into this rule)
The following people have until the next friday to complete their matches or they forfeit a chip, if both players do not respond they both lose a chip!
(If your opponent does not respond to a message you send them within 72 hours you get the chip on friday.)

thelewa vs Rucker
Kyou-kun vs Stickie
cptnXn vs laport
Alumetorz markie
jackishere vs [Transcendence]
KRZY vs omgforz
Gotori vs RIP
nanoiir vs Kyou_Nyan
Callum vs [AirCoN]
jesus1412 vs Lucid Astray
Avner vs Musty
Defacer vs iBananaPhonez
Mary Ann vs fabbbyyy v2
Happyjon vs DuskBringer
Suave vs Kafaru
Zarerion vs SmileyApple
Lust vs Draxuss
Ralrak vs Spyrunite
funnytrees vs Fuseka
Nyanderson-kun vs SasoriHatake
[-Triforce-] vs [ Fatal ]

If you have any questions please PM me.
jackisgone
ummmm is there even a [Transcendence] ? cause osu tells me there isnt
Spyrunite
Based on the player ID on the player list this is [Transcendence] - http://osu.ppy.sh/u/2313772
Hiryuu_old
why am i not on the list D:
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose
It seems you were entered as "ShinseinaTensh" and the system refused you during the mass incorporation of the database, Seeing as there are no other competitors for you to play against during the mandatory matches you will be put against the first person who asks me for a match. You have been added to the database.

Player ID is 912518
Osu Rank is 536
Name is ShinseinaTenshi
Chip count is 5
ISR is 2518.8381373635
Insert was successful!
jackisgone
please consider time zones when matching people up, i dont think there is anyway that me and this guy can play since im EST and hes in britain since i get home late everyday
Omgforz
Agreed, don't think krzy would want to stay up till midnight or 1 am just to play against me.
[-Triforce-]
Me and [ Fatal ] agreed to play on this Sunday at 4 pm EST just so the refs know
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose
For those of you who are having time zone issues just send me a message on the forums (both competitors) and I will speak you about it. Chances are I will do something called "split matches". Ill explain in the PM's.
Myke B
I wish there was a way we could watch some of these matches :/
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose

Myke B wrote:

I wish there was a way we could watch some of these matches :/
Peppy may be giving me access to the spectator client and I will begin recording the matches when he does.
buny
i can actively ref matches now, just shoot me a pm whenever i'm on.
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose
- [ U z z I ] - and Buny can now accept matches as referee's. Uzzi WAS a competitor but withdrew after one match, because I normally wouldn't accept other competitors this way he will not be able to referee matches with salvage in them. (Sorry yoshi_green but you had 10 matches, way too many to make an exception).
Kafaru
Uhh, Suave sent me a reply.

Not sure about what to do
RatedNC17
Is This just an Osu! Standard tournament or will Taiko, Catch the Beat, and Osu! Mania eventually make an appearance?
Hiryuu_old
I believe you win by default kafaru since he can't be f'd with it and he wants a disqualification
Kafaru

ShinseinaTenshi wrote:

I believe you win by default kafaru since he can't be f'd with it and he wants a disqualification
Oh, alright, thanks :D
Yoshi_green

There wrote:

(Sorry yoshi_green but you had 10 matches, way too many to make an exception).
Yeah, it's fine

I sort of stopped following this after I got dq'd lol

good luck to everybody else~
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose

Kafaru wrote:

You're in the clear.
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose

RatedNC17 wrote:

Is This just an Osu! Standard tournament or will Taiko, Catch the Beat, and Osu! Mania eventually make an appearance?
As it stands now, its a standard only tournament. I'm not against the other game modes, but standard has a larger player base and the format wouldn't fit the other modes. (Maybe mania, but still not enough players to hold a tournament this large.)
Kafaru

There wrote:

Kafaru wrote:

You're in the clear.
Does that mean, that I get a free chip?
Icyteru
Since I quit this game, I'll donate my chips back to the pool.
AmaiHachimitsu
Nobody wants to play :<

I knew this chip round was a bad idea
Synchrostar

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Nobody wants to play :<
i might be up for one (not now tho). please go easy on me ):
Almost
Would be better if there was a channel for this.
AmaiHachimitsu
I support
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose

Almost wrote:

Would be better if there was a channel for this.
I have requested this directly to peppy when I requested access to the spectator client.
Im also working on a matchmaking system that could potentially message players who are online. (Nothing put into code yet, still poking around the idea.)
Could This Be
anyone wanna play a match? message me if I'm online, I'll happily play one
jackisgone
dq me from the tourney
Horolynn
I'm up for playing with anyone at any time if I'm online. Send me a message if you want to play.
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose

Draxuss wrote:

I'm up for playing with anyone at any time if I'm online. Send me a message if you want to play.
For those of you looking for a match I will be creating a matchmaking system on the website.

IMPORTANT
If you would like to manage your chips via the website I will need to verify your osu user account (and there is no auth method available from peppy at this time) so I will need to send you a PM with a temporary password via osu. If you would like a password and access to the members panel please send me a PM and I will send your temporary password back when the page is fully functional.

New URL:

http://www.osuic.com
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose
Anyone that does not have a match finished by this upcoming WEDNESDAY will be DISQUALIFIED.

If you are actively participating in the tournament but have not had a match come your way I will give you the time needed to get into a match.

Messages have gone out to those who have not had a match!
Junichiro
bad that i couldn't join this awesome idea of a tournament/championships and that only cause i'm not rank 10.000 ...

well this page http://www.osuic.com/ is not that awesome XD
i dont know if you have someone who could design this webpage but i'm free to design this for free of course!

hoping for IC at 10k - 20k rankers qwq/
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose

Junichiro wrote:

bad that i couldn't join this awesome idea of a tournament/championships and that only cause i'm not rank 10.000 ...

well this page http://www.osuic.com/ is not that awesome XD
i dont know if you have someone who could design this webpage but i'm free to design this for free of course!

hoping for IC at 10k - 20k rankers qwq/
Next year I will be allowing more people into the tournament. As far as the website goes, theres a LOT going on in the backend with node and future possibilities. The main page was like 15 minutes of screwing around. :P

Note: For those of you who got ahold of me looking for a match, you are immune to the disqualification, you are at least trying to find a match.

Today at 1 PM PST (-8) I will send a message to all current competitors and get as many matches out as I can, so if you want a match, be on at 1PM PST if you can. Im going to require my referees do this once per week as well.

Edit:
Important:
If you are looking for a match I suggest going to the website and clicking the new "Matchmaking" link at the top. The system is brand new and daily changes are being made!
show more