forum

osu!tablet feedback

posted
Total Posts
show more
peppy

mockingod wrote:

This is one thing I know for sure will bother me. It won't be hard to put a book about the same size to fix this, but will the drivers allow the area to be flipped upsidedown, so that we will be able to have our hand rest on the tablet itself rather than off the side? I have it on pre-order and would like to know if it can or not. It won't deter me from buying it, but I just want to know.
When I implement support in osu! (driverless) next month it will support flipping. The design will look a bit silly, but hey.

Oinari-sama wrote:

Brings up another question though: if the end of the pen is the power switch, does it still function as eraser?
no.
Oinari-sama

peppy wrote:

Oinari-sama wrote:

Brings up another question though: if the end of the pen is the power switch, does it still function as eraser?
no.
Ah k thanks for clarifying.
Ryukaii
My girlfriend (Akina1) is going to get me a Osu! Tablet for my birthday. looking forward to using a tablet for the first time, my mouse SUCKS with Osu!.
defused bomb
have preorders begun shipping yet?
damitacookie

Oinari-sama wrote:

Great review!

Nope it isn't a eraser so :P I have the Huion H420 and the back of the pen doesn't erase anything.
Espionage724
Does the H420 or osu!tablet allow for forced proportions and restricting of tablet area?
Espionage724
Got my Huion 420 Pen Tablet earlier. Here's some feedback I have of it:

- Pen movement feels really responsive, which is great

- I was able to get used to the area in a few minutes (I'm used to full-area)

- Support under Linux seems to be hit or miss. It works fine under Xubuntu 13.10 (fine being the entire tablet is mapped to the entire screen), but was terrible under Kubuntu 13.10 (entire tablet was mapped to maybe 1/5th of the top-corner of the screen; the tablet-config GUI didn't support the tablet either). Could be desktop environment-related I guess? There is also 3 HUION input devices detected, but only one of them seem to accept pointer control settings (sensitivity, acceleration; even though neither apply to absolute movement)

- I'm not entirely certain, but it seems the driver by-default disables Windows Ink functionality on Windows 8.1 (taps don't pause; no ripple effects). There's a setting in the tablet control panel for Tablet PC support, but it's grayed out. Didn't try the tablet without drivers.

- The tablet control panel's pressure meter only went up to 2047; while testing this however, I managed to leave scratch marks on the tablet itself (really noticeable on black; may be less of a problem with osu!tablet)

- The tablet's full area is maybe a few mm off from matching a 1600x900 screen's proportion (according to the tablet's control panel)

- The tablet comes apart easily (4 screws under the rubber feet). Inside of the tablet is really simple (a PCB, piece of thin clear plastic, and a piece of metal). The spots for the buttons exist on the PCB, even though the tablet itself doesn't have the buttons (not sure if the buttons send events or not).

- The indication LED is green (seems to flash every 3 seconds the pen is in-range of the tablet; blinks when tablet surface is tapped and pen button presses)

- The surface attracts and shows fingerprints and skin oil (do note this is a primarily black tablet though; osu!tablet will probably have very little issue with this)

- It handles flawlessly on a metal table (my old VisTablet PenPad had erratic behavior on a metal surface)
tokaku
I wish peppy would sell this in Singapore's AFA 2014
Koori
Got my tablet today :D

tokaku
D: You ordered online right? And two?? How much did it cost?
Oinari-sama
Mine arrived today too! It's great apart from the lack of settings in Win7. Doesn't bother me that much though.

Gotta be impressed with the delivery efficiency :)
Espionage724

Oinari-sama wrote:

Mine arrived today too! It's great apart from the lack of settings in Win7.
Lack of settings like what? Also, did you install Huion's H420 driver?
Oinari-sama

Espionage724 wrote:

Oinari-sama wrote:

Mine arrived today too! It's great apart from the lack of settings in Win7.
Lack of settings like what? Also, did you install Huion's H420 driver?
I did install the driver from the CD, before plugging in the tablet for the first time as instructed. After the reboot and plug in for the first time, win7 decides to use its own driver anyway and there're no Huion items in the Control Panel.

I had Bamboo CTE-650 before and I did not remove this driver before installing the Huion one. Despite not being able to set the osu tablet, it somehow activates max force-proportioned area so I can live with that.
Espionage724

Oinari-sama wrote:

I did install the driver from the CD, before plugging in the tablet for the first time as instructed. After the reboot and plug in for the first time, win7 decides to use its own driver anyway and there're no Huion items in the Control Panel.

I had Bamboo CTE-650 before and I did not remove this driver before installing the Huion one. Despite not being able to set the osu tablet, it somehow activates max force-proportioned area so I can live with that.
Huh, interesting.

I did the same process on my 8.1 machine, and the tablet had settings (I can't recall if I accessed it from control panel, start screen, or taskbar icon though).
mockingod
Mine should've arrived yesterday but I forgot to notify my apartment building's downstairs security and sign a paper in advance so they couldn't take it and it's now in retention in the post office and I have to get it myself >.<

Out of curiosity, though, why did you buy two?
Espionage724

mockingod wrote:

Mine should've arrived yesterday but I forgot to notify my apartment building's downstairs security and sign a paper in advance so they couldn't take it and it's now in retention in the post office and I have to get it myself >.<

Out of curiosity, though, why did you buy two?
A better question might be why they were allowed to buy two; if I was one of those people who didn't make the 500 pre-order limit, I'd be pretty upset if people were able to buy more than one... Kind of like how people buy a large amount of something in limited-quantity without any real interest in it, and then go re-sell it for more.

But maybe there's another explanation.
peppy
One person ordered two across two accounts. I didn't have time to cross-check, but I assumed there were two humans behind it.

ALSO

as soon as I get a native PC I will add native osu! support for region settings. I can't do it at the moment because my VM's usb interfacing is horrible :(. ETA 2 weeks.
Izzypookins
I just got mine in the mail today! Man that was fast!

Anyways, the tablet works fine. I don't feel any difference in response time between my Bamboo and the osu! tablet.

The only problems I've had is with the drivers themselves. The tablet works out of the box, without any drivers, but if you want to configure buttons etc., you need the drivers. After installing them, and remapping the click off of the nib, the tablet didn't work anymore until I went to the pressure sensitivity tab which kicked it back in. Also, setting the tablet to go to the 2nd monitor I have instead of the first was an issue at first, but everything it seems to be working now.

Basically, you don't even need the drivers to use the tablet out of the box, so don't waste your time with them if you don't need to remap keys.

The tablet itself is great though! Thanks peppy!
Kenny H_old
aww man, its lunar new year here now. All store and service are close until 7th feb :( :( :( :(
im waiting it arrive everyday :D :D :D
you guys so lucky :oops: :oops:

BTW, HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR \(^o^)/
MaFiaJayShow
Winxp 32bit is work!! :)
Spyrunite
meanwhile mine hasn't even been shipped yet :(
Ruhe
I want osu!tablet so bad ;-; pls make it available for non-supporters too.
Frostmourne

MaFiaJayShow wrote:

Winxp 32bit is work!! :)
omg you got it!?
Shipping in Bangkok is so busy and much slower than Hatyai ;_;
Starz0r
Illinois has so much snow right now. It is delaying my package arrival date ;_;
thelewa
Bummer. I canceled my pre-order because I thought I wouldn't be able to afford it what with me upgrading my computer but then it turns out that I can afford it and it's too late ,_,
tikkari
hmm that driver cd dont work on w7 with me.
i did plug the cd in but nothing happens after that. have waited over 30min.
should i just try without cd or drivers?

edit: nvm got it work after removing usb from my computer (not what i got from osu!tablet)
SkylXTumn

thelewa wrote:

Bummer. I canceled my pre-order because I thought I wouldn't be able to afford it what with me upgrading my computer but then it turns out that I can afford it and it's too late ,_,
Peppy said tomorrow orders will be opened for 100-200 tablets? I hope so! ^.^ Can't wait to order!
MarioBound
Someone smuggle it to Singapore!
stal
Am preparing to smuggle it over. *-*
Koori
Yup there is 2 person. Me (Koori) and my bro (YaLeNe) ;)

30usd + 11usd shipping to Singapore. Both arrive the same time. Very efficient delivery! Right before lunar new year.
HipzER
Do we pay the osu!tablet on paypal and hand-to-hand with the courier the shipps or both of them on paypal?
Koori
PayPal!
Turboapina
Yeah, well, just got mine today and looks like it's not working at all.

The driver CD didn't work (installed the drivers from the site though)
When I plug the tablet in, LED wont start blinking and the tablet wont work.

And yes, I tried steps of the ''question 5'' from the owners manual and it was no help.

What now?
feffe
Did he send it to people near the warehouse first or go down the list from 1 to 500? I was at around 67 and still haven't gotten a mail about the shipping details.
Kagamin3-chan

Turboapina wrote:

Yeah, well, just got mine today and looks like it's not working at all.

The driver CD didn't work (installed the drivers from the site though)
When I plug the tablet in, LED wont start blinking and the tablet wont work.

And yes, I tried steps of the ''question 5'' from the owners manual and it was no help.

What now?
Which OS are you using? If it's XP or newer, plug in the tablet without the driver installed.
If it's not working, the pen's battery is to weak, or theres something wrong with the USB port, or the OS, or the tablet is dead.

Hadn't any problems on Win7
Marcin

Serloks wrote:

Did he send it to people near the warehouse first or go down the list from 1 to 500? I was at around 67 and still haven't gotten a mail about the shipping details.
Tablets were send out depending on when you paid. First 100 pays were send out last monday.
feffe

Marcin wrote:

Serloks wrote:

Tablets were send out depending on when you paid. First 100 pays were send out last monday.
Does that mean I should be worried about the fact that I haven't gotten the mail yet?
AoOni
Got mine yesterday and everything works perfectly fine :D
Turboapina

G4R4Su wrote:

Which OS are you using? If it's XP or newer, plug in the tablet without the driver installed.
If it's not working, the pen's battery is to weak, or theres something wrong with the USB port, or the OS, or the tablet is dead.

Hadn't any problems on Win7
Got Win7 64-bit. When plugged in, doesn't work. Tried with new battery, doesn't work. Tried in all of my USB ports and doesn't work in any of them as my old bamboo does.
AoOni
Got mine yesterday and everything works perfectly fine :D
And here is the video of me unboxing the osu! tablet
show more