forum

Anyone notice their aim/reflexes transfer to real life?

posted
Total Posts
show more
PlasticSmoothie

Soulg wrote:

ugh that game
GAME OVER
Gretsch
Osu skills transfer perfectly to staring at stock market fluctuations across the trading floor
iderekmc

Almost wrote:

The skills you learn in osu aren't applicable for other things.
dont u think a goalkeeper would benefit from playing osu? haha
Myke B

iderekmc wrote:

Almost wrote:

The skills you learn in osu aren't applicable for other things.
dont u think a goalkeeper would benefit from playing osu? haha
LOL
pielak213
­
Rewben2
The only thing I've noticed changing irl from playing osu! hours daily is my ability to tap my left index/middle fingers a lot faster and consistently than my right hand, which is not something that affects me irl.
GoldenWolf

pielak213 wrote:

you should know the answer to your own question because you're one of the fastest players if not the fastest in the usa
Fastest in the world even.
I mean, being able to do that after only 96 playcount is really impressive.
iWhorse

Khal Drogo wrote:

Just curious if any other top level players have noticed an increase in their aiming/reflexes in real life. Like for example, do you notice you react to falling objects faster than before? Or if you play sports, has osu made your accuracy in said sport skyrocket?

only thing i've noticed any increase in is humanbenchmark reaction time test, well for most people anyways

still have absolutely no hand eye coordination irl
ballplay
reaction time for other video games pretty much. nothing in the physical world. and how the hell do you only have 96 playcount
Blueprint
A car came at me with AR10 and I managed to hit it.

But no seriously I know this is not relevant to me "top player" but I fail to notice anything outside of gaming.
Gaming is my real life I am A nerd
lolcubes
Where is kriers when we need him?

Remember the one with chicks and clicks? Yeahhhhhhh.
Myke B

GoldenWolf wrote:

pielak213 wrote:

you should know the answer to your own question because you're one of the fastest players if not the fastest in the usa
Fastest in the world even.
I mean, being able to do that after only 96 playcount is really impressive.
Please tell me you're joking?
Purple
I once caught a glass of coke that was about to tip over

omg pro osu skills irl
NixXSkate
Yeah, my reflexes improved from osu!
Went from like 270ms to 190~210ms.
My hand-eye coordination is also better than before osu!
Mikelicious
No.
pielak213
­
buny

pielak213 wrote:

Myke B wrote:

When you meet a rank 8000 in multiplayer do you think "wow this is going to be easy"? You can't tell someone's skill just from their profile or rank.
every game is hard
NotSoLongAgo
I'm ready for the day I have to dodge incoming traffic
Nathanael
Reflexes did improved. I dodged a fast thrown baseball coming directly to me.

Aims didn't affect at real life because it only affects cursor aiming on computer.
Counter Strike 1.6 insane players, 23 consesutive headshots!
laref
They certainly have. I was sitting and minding my own business in the school cafeteria, alone as always, when this girl I've had a crush on, slipped just as she walked past me. With the reflexes and improved decision making I've got from all the hours spent in osu!, I managed to both catch her and everything on her food tray. I could tell she was impressed, and so was I; I had not even been able to catch a ball since I was 5 when my dad rolled it over to me.

Edit: just remembered another moment. I was in school when this school bully approached me, he had always been on me; I have a slight suspicion he might have been a closet homo. Anyway, he wanted to fight and I was scared shitless. When he finally threw the first punch, it felt like slowmotion, like AR 4. Even though it was slow as hell, I could just not read it and I just stood there. The hit connected and my nose started gushing out blood. I might have been able to dodge it if a Hard Rock mod existed irl.
Almost

ntaig wrote:

They certainly have. I was sitting and minding my own business in the school cafeteria, alone as always, when this girl I've had a crush on, slipped just as she walked past me. With the reflexes and improved decision making I've got from all the hours spent in osu!, I managed to both catch her and everything on her food tray. I could tell she was impressed, and so was I; I had not even been able to catch a ball since I was 5 when my dad rolled it over to me.

Edit: just remembered another moment. I was in school when this school bully approached me, he had always been on me; I have a slight suspicion he might have been a closet homo. Anyway, he wanted to fight and I was scared shitless. When he finally threw the first punch, it felt like slowmotion, like AR 4. Even though it was slow as hell, I could just not read it and I just stood there. The hit connected and my nose started gushing out blood. I might have been able to dodge it if a Hard Rock mod existed irl.
Stop pretending to be Peter Parker...
kriers
osu! has made me more ambidextrous in every day life and also significantly improved using the left side of my body for technical stuff and sports
Oinari-sama
I can CAD faster and that's about it.

I think I have a phobia for vinyl records now (if bad things count)...
Rewben2

Almost wrote:

ntaig wrote:

Stop pretending to be Peter Parker...
RaneFire
Some quality comments in this thread. Reading them was fun.

Oinari-sama wrote:

I can CAD faster and that's about it.
Yeah, same. Gotta practice more small circles though.
strikeR
I got from bronze 5 (890 elo) s2 to d1 in s3 in Leauge of lesbians, does that count?!?
chanhien
finger skeels 8-)
Soarezi
Nothing has changed, except being able to control my mouse better.
Yano

strikeR wrote:

I got from bronze 5 (890 elo) s2 to d1 in s3 in Leauge of lesbians, does that count?!?
Nop or is LoL your RL ^_^

Osu! is good to improve Gaming Skills
thelewa

ntaig wrote:

5/5
Dexus

pielak213 wrote:

Myke B wrote:

When you meet a rank 8000 in multiplayer do you think "wow this is going to be easy"? You can't tell someone's skill just from their profile or rank.
I fell for that when he asked to play multiplayer with me a while back. I was shocked at how fast he was. He plays offline.
Napoletana_old
it improved my aim for throwing a ball on a certain point.
but only on a 2d line. I still suck as much as always at basketball since its not only the lenght but also the height
SammySama
Well, I did write an entire exam essay without any hand cramps. So there's that, I guess.
Topic Starter
GodSpeed_old_1

pielak213 wrote:

Yes, but I wanted to see where everyone else stood at in regards to this.
Shivarion
I'm became more skilled on knowing beat song after play osu :)
And about the reflexes.....
I became more skilled in other game that's needed it..
So no need to train from the beginning :) :)
dankwendo79
Kinda do.*Story Time* I was at school and my friend was trying to scare me by running into me as fast as possible so i dodged and grabbed him with my osu hand (XD) and grabbed him by his hoodie.I don't know if was my reflexes because i didn't even think while doing this it just happen :/ .[/s]
Lazz
im fast at fingering
H17M4N

GodSpeed wrote:

Just curious if any other top level players have noticed an increase in their aiming/reflexes in real life. Like for example, do you notice you react to falling objects faster than before? Or if you play sports, has osu made your accuracy in said sport skyrocket?

You my friend have autism
KupcaH

H17M4N wrote:

GodSpeed wrote:

You my friend have autism
u too.
ManuelOsuPlayer
Today working i dodge a 200kg thing what fell off on top of my hand. That was an AR10 dodge. No joking, i didn't even notice the thing droping. I just see my hand got out of the way in no time.
Wtf. I can't dodge a small ball from 20m. How the fuck did i dodge a 200k thing from 20cm om top of my hand.
Osu gods want me to keep playing. I know the way. DYKTW?
show more