forum

Good/Bad habits that you developed from osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
VisionS
I was wondering what habits people develop after playing osu for a while.

Things like spacing out more often, or pain on wrist or fingers, that sort of things. For me I seem to space out more often and just rely on my natural instincts to carry me throughout a boring session of history class. I also tap my index finger randomly now which can get annoying because when I stop its sore.

How about you?
Trash Boat
play Taiko more often than other modes, and post in forums
beeboy123
Randomly tapping to songs in my head. (I sometimes bring my pencil into it if I have one in my hand.)
Weed
i used to hardly pay attention in school but now i never pay attention

i also see circles everywhere i go and it freaks me out at times
Trash Boat

bewaredrev wrote:

i also see circles everywhere i go and it freaks me out at times
lol that reminds me of the comic Brian OA made the past year
Topic Starter
VisionS

beeboy123 wrote:

Randomly tapping to songs in my head. (I sometimes bring my pencil into it if I have one in my hand.)
I usually end up doing that as well, except my pencil is just flying around as if it was a pen for my tablet :P
beeboy123
I usually end up doing that as well, except my pencil is just flying around as if it was a pen for my tablet :P[/quote]

That's what I meant when I bring my pencil. Tapping your pencil to non existent music is a inconsiderate thing to do because it can be very distracting/annoying.
Topic Starter
VisionS

beeboy123 wrote:

I usually end up doing that as well, except my pencil is just flying around as if it was a pen for my tablet :P
That's what I meant when I bring my pencil. Tapping your pencil to non existent music is a inconsiderate thing to do because it can be very distracting/annoying.[/quote]

Believe it or not, tapping with pencils was a thing in my middle school years ago, and it is one of the reasons why I don't like American rap that goes on today
Shellghost
You act like tapping shit to music is rare.
Kyonko Hizara
I stopped giving fucks about things I used to

I now live the life of the kawaii princess overlord of 5 different dimensions
Kyno
whenever i hear a song, i just think of playing through a taiko map.

....and somehow i turned into a kuudere.
thelewa

Shellghost wrote:

everything I do is rare because I'm a special snowflake
kouzuki_karen

beeboy123 wrote:

Randomly tapping to songs in my head
Senpoii
Whenever I hear Nano.Ripe - Gekka on the radio, I start picturing the beatmap in my head and tapping/playing it with an invisible mouse/keyboard. (memorized all the circles in that song kekekeke)
EineKrone
Good: Better motor coordination maybe?
And by osmose, I got more easy going. Which is good, I don't like when I'm cranky or cynic. But that's my normal 'persona' :/

Bad: Felt some pain, but I'm taking care to prevent it.

Guess that's it.

I think there was a topic just as this, a week ago or something...
Sethlied
I frequently google "rule 34 (title of animu)" now
[ Stellar ]
I tap my index and middle fingers like I am streaming.
One day I will be able to play freedom dive...
beeboy123

thelewa wrote:

everything I do is rare because I'm a special snowflake
You can't be a special snow flake because I'm one.
Yoeri
I became an asshole.
Yabuki Nako
I imagine a map for every songs I listen in my MP3 player. I make the beatmap in my head, but I can't in real life, this is too hard. :<
DestinySonata
I keep thinking I'm playing Taiko or something. I look like a complete weirdo because of that...
NotSoLongAgo
Stay up late; go to school late
LiLi
ticking my tongue out whenever I'm concentrated. :?
Cyclohexane
taught me to truly not give a shit which I value quite a lot
UnderminE

Yoeri wrote:

I became an asshole.
Shivarion

MiniTokki wrote:

I imagine a map for every songs I listen in my MP3 player. I make the beatmap in my head, but I can't in real life, this is too hard. :<
Same as me XD
Ryu Sei
+ Keep calm, have a better reflex
- Can't hear more clearly...
Oinari-sama
I raidcheck the forum regularly for Touhou pics.
Mara
Well there is one thing.

When I am listening to some random song in the radio or youtube or whatever, I always start to imagine the song as a map/storyboard.

"Maybe I should do that" but then I am always too lazy to start it up.
laport
Good Thing: I learned to smoke more weed when I played a lot. It helped to laugh at all that weird music
Bad Thing: I wouldn't answer my phone
dNextGen

Shellghost wrote:

OT : none
Shellghost
This thread is pretty interesting to me but in a negative way.

Most of these responses are generalized around how important people's ability to tap fast has become to them. Whereas when an extremely similar thread was made about three or so years ago, most of the responses where about how people learned to appreciate, or gained a greater appreciation of music through osu!

Kind of OT from the thread but being the nostalgia fag I am I can't help but point this out.
GladiOol

Shellghost wrote:

This thread is pretty interesting to me but in a negative way.

Most of these responses are generalized around how important people's ability to tap fast has become to them. Whereas when an extremely similar thread was made about three or so years ago, most of the responses where about how people learned to appreciate, or gained a greater appreciation of music through osu!

Kind of OT from the thread but being the nostalgia fag I am I can't help but point this out.
you're from 2009, you're a newfag.
Cyclohexane
If this counts, osu! only served as a gateway for me to become the bemanifag I am today.

Prior to osu!, I only listened to metal and was edgy as fuck, so I guess I'm greatful for that.
show more