forum

League of Legends

posted
Total Posts
show more
BrokenArrow

SoG Tava wrote:

ItsukiKun wrote:

What I want to know is why only play locked on one side and not on the other? (purple/blue)
Yeah i am also kinda wondering why
Because if you play with locked camera on purple side the menu blocks your sight even more, you shouldn't play like that
but then again you shouldn't play with locked camera in the first place
tyrael6192
i just hold space all the time and then let go when i need to move my view around
VoidnOwO
:oops:
Justykanna
Lol, I use locked camera. I find I can't multitask at all so trying to move the camera while fighting just doesn't work for me.
BrokenArrow
It probably is like smartcast, the first few games you feel like it's impossible and sucks, but once you got used to it, it really is so much better.
Maybe it's just me because I am more of the real-time strategy kind of player (Age of Empires, Starcraft, etc) instead of someone who plays Diablo all day
Vuelo Eluko
gl getting a decent tier like diamond with a locked camera tho
athene doesnt count, he did it on eune because he was told how easy it was there
Justykanna

BrokenArrow wrote:

It probably is like smartcast, the first few games you feel like it's impossible and sucks, but once you got used to it, it really is so much better.
Maybe it's just me because I am more of the real-time strategy kind of player (Age of Empires, Starcraft, etc) instead of someone who plays Diablo all day
I actually didn't like the way default casting was when I first played. Used it for the longest time until a friend was like "So there's this smart cast thing." Lol.
But yeah. What you said is possible.

I've tried several times to swap but I just can't it. I lose track of everything too easily.
Vuelo Eluko

Justykanna wrote:

BrokenArrow wrote:

I actually didn't like the way default casting was when I first played. Used it for the longest time until a friend was like "So there's this smart cast thing." Lol.
But yeah. What you said is possible.

I've tried several times to swap but I just can't it. I lose track of everything too easily.
smartcast aint necessary. plenty of top of the ladder players dont use it. RF Legendary only switched to smartcast because i recommended it but.. well i cant really tell if it made him better because at the top of the ladder climbing isn't really an option lol
GeeNX
I don't know how could I jungle with locked camera, where do I gank? if I can't even see what's happening near me. The first thing I tell to every single friends that starts to play League of Legends it's, "unlock the camera" so you will get used to that since you start, otherwise will be harder if you do it later
Vulf
You would be surprised on who has gotten to diamond playing locked camera. Dyrus used to play with locked camera about a year and a half ago lol.

I play with locked camera on the majority of the time, but that doesn't mean I never unlock it throughout the entire match. Team fights i have to have locked on or else I lose track of where I am. Spacebar OP.

Those here that play with locked camera and don't really want to play with it unlocked I suggest you learn how to toggle with space bar.
Justykanna

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

smartcast aint necessary. plenty of top of the ladder players dont use it
I just prefer it. Quicker casting.

GeeNX wrote:

I don't know how could I jungle with locked camera, where do I gank? if I can't even see what's happening near me. The first thing I tell to every single friends that starts to play League of Legends it's, "unlock the camera" so you will get used to that since you start, otherwise will be harder if you do it later
I look at which lanes are pushed backward and take a look holding left click on the mouse.
I actually asked my friend who started me out on League when I started out and he said something along the lines of 'Oh yeah, locked camera's fine, some pros use it anyway'. Shrug.
Kanye West
wow how can you guys even play with locked camera though? it seems much harder to manually temporarily the camera to look at the map than to temporarily lock the camera when you want it centered. unless you just don't look at the map in which case you should learn to play without locked camera lol.
Fabi
LCS EU first match started!
Jordan
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/bo ... ?t=4115482

So I FINALLY found a thread about that. Since the last patch I get sudden extreme lag spikes (i'm speaking about 300+ ping, basically unplayable) that last from 30 minutes to hours. This is EXTREMELY frustrating not only because I've lost tons of ranked games for that reason alone but also because there is no real way to check it other than getting in a match. (customs don't work) Please tell me I'm not the only one.

That only happens in LoL.
Cyclohexane
IT BEGINS.
GeeNX
Lv1 fucked up for Gambit, np, they showed to me that they play much better in teamfights than fnatic, they just had a rekkles with 23048290348 damage vs a genja healing the enemy frontlane

wp Rekkles & Yellowstar
Snepif
I bought Trundle as soon as Shyv and Mundo top became popular to counter them with my ult. Guess now the competitive play has found out, and soon it will be FotM. Oh snap.
tyrael6192

Kanye West wrote:

wow how can you guys even play with locked camera though? it seems much harder to manually temporarily the camera to look at the map than to temporarily lock the camera when you want it centered. unless you just don't look at the map in which case you should learn to play without locked camera lol.
you just rest your thumb on the spacebar while you're laning and then let go whenever you need to it's quite easy
Vulf

tyrael6192 wrote:

you just rest your thumb on the spacebar while you're laning and then let go whenever you need to it's quite easy
Yeah this is what I meant. If you watch a lot of streams you would know a lot of high elo players do this.
Sapphiire_old_1

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

athene doesnt count, he did it on eune because he was told how easy it was there
thats not true he did it on Euw to , he always plays with locked
Navizel
PsychoSkill
-
Vulf
People thinking this Riven nerf will make her unviable. L M A O

Q nerf will barely be noticeable.

E nerf was deserved.
Snepif
Meanwhile, Gragas and Kass >.>... and Yasuo. And Mundo.
Oh god.
Hika
I got forced to learn how to smartcast and it's not fun, and no matter what, I'll still play locked on blue side 8) i think looking at minimap is much easier for me since even when I modify the mouse setting stuff, my mouse likes to flip out, maybe when I get a new oneeeeeeeeeee
Vulf

Snepif wrote:

Meanwhile, Gragas and Kass >.>... and Yasuo. And Mundo.
Oh god.
They better not touch Mundo. The only reason he is so strong now is because of the defense tree. Nothing else.

The defense tree is going to get nerfed soon so nerfing stuff that is abusing it now will make them complete trash later.
Kanye West

tyrael6192 wrote:

Kanye West wrote:

Yes but this is still by definition playing with unlocked camera because you're manually locking it in laning phase as opposed to toggling it on permanently.
tyrael6192
details details

you're still playing with the camera locked on your champion for the most part, so the end result is the same
TKiller
I don't really see what's locked camera useful for. You, uh, track your ranges a bit more consistently and alright, some teamfights might be clusterfucky. But come on.
Sapphiire_old_1
3 pages about locked camera GG WP
Nofool
What about the LCS ? Ww top the return... ? c u locked camera
TKiller
Fuck LCS, I want to tell people on the Internet that they're doing something wrong.
Jordan

TKiller wrote:

Fuck LCS, I want to tell people on the Internet that they're doing something wrong.
Vulf
Speaking of Warwick. Zenon (Rioter who is reworking Warwick) posted a ton of information on his rework that's coming up in a few months. :)

RIP Warwicks W and AP scalings. You won't be missed.
GeeNX
I think WW fits more into assasin style than tanky style. And they could do a big VU too, would be nice
Vulf
He will be more of a tank with high disruption over time (like Maokai, Leona, Voli, Naut) that relies on LS. Pretty much how he has been played the last 2 years.
He also mentioned that grievous wounds might need to be buffed. lol

Got the name Firefang Warwick! :)
maal
does anyone know if its still possible to change language files to korean

ok nvm found out how to do it
SiFly_old
I hate to play locked since it moves your camera constantly. In laning phase it is really relaxed to just move at the back at the screen and have the camera at one location. Unlocked also allows you to almost watch twice as much in front of you.

Wondering how people try to dodge nidalee spears etc when you can't even see the nidalee on your screen with locked.
Ceph23
I love what they did with Olaf.
I can now reckless swing like a madman during the laning phase and since it now scales into the late game, I still do tons of damage.
Also that -1 sec cooldown on the E per strike means lightning strikes every 4 secs or so.
I will continue to take advantage of this until riot decides to nerf him. :)
Uni
It begins again olaf nerfs
show more