forum

Scarlet Rose the hardest beatmap in existance

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TAG UR PREGNANT
Where did this joke originate from and why do people always refer to scarlet rose as the hardest beatmap when it is obviously not?

Through the comments/discussion in this thread i have come to accept that Scarlet Rose is indeed the hardest map and that even i can SS Freedom dive on double time i just wasn't believing hard enough.
uzzi
Not sure of It's origin, but regarding your second point, it's like you said: a joke it really is the hardest beatmap.
Weed
its not a joke though
Icyteru
It is the hardest
Mikelicious
What joke?
Tokiwadai
It's a pretty hard song, but I would say Freedom-DiVe is harder.
Icyteru
Freedom dive is like tutorial for scarlet rose lol
Lach
This is beyond a joke now. I has literally transcended to being a meme.
winber1
osu is srsbsns

we don't kid around
Almost
The first time I saw people start using it was after GladiOol replied to play Scarlet Rose for every single thread.
tokaku
cause scarlet rose contains all the mapping jumps and things that an insane map should have
Rewben2
Because it's the best map for stream practice.
pielak213
­
Me168
Scarlet Rose is hardest

The Big Black, Talent Shredder, and Freedom Dive are also insanely difficult as well, for their own reasons. I think those 3 smashed together make Scarlet Rose.

If I ever got to play with val0108 I would tell them that I love their maps (Because val is one of my fave mappers), but ask what the fuck they were on when they made Scarlet Rose so I can go buy some of it
Soarezi
scarlet rose is dumb
nrl
While I love the map to death, Scarlet Rose is pretty easy as far as post-insane diffs go. It's far easier than The Big Black and Freedom Dive, and I found it easier than Talent Shredder, With a Dance Number, and No. 39 as well (easier to pass anyways - With a Dance Number and No. 39 are easier to combo).
Claveline
You might mean "one of the hardest beatmaps aproved"
YukinoDesuDesu

When will the day come they'll approve stuff like this? (シ_ _)シ
Lach

Asiangodx2 wrote:

When will the day come they'll approve stuff like this? (シ_ _)シ
going to go with never because it's shit approval is only for maps above 6 minutes
jesse1412
I saw gladi doing this first I guess. Scarlet rose is the hardest map ever can't defeat.
silmarilen
it started off because random noobs came into the hardest beatmap thread knowing absolutely nothing about the game and saying scarlet rose was the hardest map in the game, some people continued on the joke in that thread and eventually i told gladi about it and gladi started using it in every single thread, thats when it became big.

scarlet rose is the hardest map tho
aBunny

pielak213 wrote:

[0108 style] is it's own difficulty.
easy<normal<hard<insane<everything else<018
whats with 0108s?
Me168

sarasseo wrote:

pielak213 wrote:

[0108 style] is it's own difficulty.
easy<normal<hard<insane<everything else<018
whats with 0108s?
Jumpy as all can be, as far as I know they are all AR 8-10 (though dont take my word for it I am probably wrong), just overall rediculous maps (See: Scarlet Rose, Talent Shredder, No, 39 ect...)
Lach
His approval maps can be considered spaced, high bpm maps. not really jumpy. His ranked hard difficulties could be considered a triangle. One big symmetrical triangle.
Spyrunite
Val0108 mapped a bunch of hard maps that got ranked. They got popular and now 0108 is known as maps that kind of follow his style of difficulty.
[Kanzaki Ranko]

Me168 wrote:

Jumpy as all can be, as far as I know they are all AR 8-10 (though dont take my word for it I am probably wrong), just overall rediculous maps (See: Scarlet Rose, Talent Shredder, No, 39 ect...)
Linked Horizon - Jiyuu no Tsubasa [0108] is easier than many [Insanes] out there. Just saying.
Also, I don't remember of any AR10 [0108]s, and AR9 is common practice for Insane maps.
Soulg

Soarezi wrote:

scarlet rose is dumb
yes
Synchrostar
scarlet rose is pretty easy tho
Luna-
Plz, it's because no one know this http://osu.ppy.sh/s/7671
Kanye West

Synchrostar wrote:

scarlet rose is pretty easy tho
shhhhh you're ruining it wtf
Ted_the_red
What are you talking about TAG? scarlet rose is hardest map

But no seriously it's really just overhyped
Soulg
But no seriously it's really just overhyped really fucking hard
Dexus
Scarlet rose is timed wrong; that's why it's so "hard". Plus the flow at the start is terrible.
nrl

Dexus wrote:

Scarlet rose is timed wrong; that's why it's so "hard".
Can you elaborate on this? I play it the same way I play any map in that style, and it doesn't feel any different.
Yano

Dexus wrote:

Scarlet rose is timed wrong; that's why it's so "hard". Plus the flow at the start is terrible.
Hahaha like in your Stream xD

"Why the fck is every Map timed wrong"

No but the start is terrible hard -_-
show more