forum

osu! Individual Championships 2014(Finals Map Pool Release!)

posted
Total Posts
show more
nya10

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

I'm honestly curious if four referees are enough for this. Considering at least two will have to be on at all times to accommodate everybody's schedule.
Should search for more referee D: , in a week there will be minimum about 40 matches right (may be more)? 4 referees shouldn't be enough
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose

bluehall90 wrote:

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

I'm honestly curious if four referees are enough for this. Considering at least two will have to be on at all times to accommodate everybody's schedule.
Should search for more referee D: , in a week there will be minimum about 40 matches right (may be more)? 4 referees shouldn't be enough
I am in dire need of referee's but I will make do with what I have, I can run plenty of matches while I'm on and I'm on for at least 10 hours a day.
Musty
Thanks again Amai :D
Sensou Shin
I would like to Join IC 2014
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose

Sensou Shin wrote:

I would like to Join IC 2014
For those of you like this person here, there are no chips left, you cannot join unless someone with chips gives you them.
Avner
Kurangceret is willing to give me one of his chip so can I join
Kurangceret

Avner wrote:

Kurangceret is willing to give me one of his chip so can I join
Please update the list.
Sensou Shin
Oh sorry There, i don't saw that is closed :S
Rucker
so who can give me a chip? :P
uzzi

There wrote:

If anyone else from the top 50 would like to join they will be given the same exception.
Pretty sure you'll be fine, Rucker. ;D
buny

Rucker wrote:

so who can give me a chip? :P
i give u meni chp
Novalogic
Don't go around destroying people's dreams Rucker ;x
Reisen Inaba_old_1
I want a chip.Anyone there who would like to give me?ww
Spyrunite

Kyou_Nyan wrote:

I can give you a chip
Salvage
Fuck off i give ruc my chip he's mine.
AmaiHachimitsu
Ruc's avatar fits perfectly.
buny

Salvage wrote:

Fuck off i give ruc my chip he's mine.
Reisen Inaba_old_1

Spyrunite wrote:

Kyou_Nyan wrote:

I can give you a chip
Thanks
Luna-
I have a question about matches, it would be just 1 map per match, or it will 2 of 3, or 3 of 5?

in my opinion it would be more interesting if the matches are of 2 of 3, 3 of 5, whatever... but not just 1 map per match
Nwolf
It's one random map per match. And with the very high amount of matches that round 1 will have, I don't think anybody would want bo3/5 at all.
dukambe
I think bo3 doesn't sound that bad. Instead of 3 minutes per match it's 6 or 9, big deal.
uzzi

dukambe wrote:

I think bo3 doesn't sound that bad. Instead of 3 minutes per match it's 6 or 9, big deal.
If you take into consideration as to how many matches there'll be, it adds up.
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose

dukambe wrote:

Do you want one of the 4 referee's to be available for your first round match? Or do you want to wait for 2 hours while they finish the bo3 and bo5 rounds?

The whole point of the chip system is to replace the best of system.

If you wanna make it a best of 3 with your friend thats your call, but you're waging 2 chips to do so and waiting for your next matches so everyone has a chance to get a referee.

"Best of" will make an appearance later when there are less players competing and referee's have more time.

Edit:
Another thing to note, if you trust your opponent, you can have a private match and the loser can message a referee and give the winner a chip, you can do this up to the 11th chip. The final match must be a referee watched match.

WE HOLD NO LIABILITY FOR PRIVATE MATCHES! (If your "friend" doesn't send you a chip after you beat him don't cry to us. We wont do anything about it.)
Almost

There wrote:

Edit:
Another thing to note, if you trust your opponent, you can have a private match and the loser can message a referee and give the winner a chip, you can do this up to the 11th chip. The final match must be a referee watched match.

WE HOLD NO LIABILITY FOR PRIVATE MATCHES! (If your "friend" doesn't send you a chip after you beat him don't cry to us. We wont do anything about it.)
Wouldn't map selection on those private matches be a bit biased compared to referee spectated match though?
Omgforz
You can just give other people chips for free, so it completely depends on the 2 players. Heck, they could even play other maps than the one listed in the pool, and give the winner a chip by gifting one.
Almost

Omgforz wrote:

You can just give other people chips for free, so it completely depends on the 2 players. Heck, they could even play other maps than the one listed in the pool, and give the winner a chip by gifting one.
I was on the line of thinking that they would have to link the multiplayer match to the referee...
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose

Almost wrote:

Omgforz wrote:

I was on the line of thinking that they would have to link the multiplayer match to the referee...
Nope, first round is honestly just a ice breaker.
Raging Bull
lol so do we play against each other now? Sorry, little lost.
uzzi

Raging Bull wrote:

lol so do we play against each other now? Sorry, little lost.
The 15th.
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose
12 hours until the tournament begins!

The following Referee's are ready to accept matches:
There
Nwolf
Juiceb0x

I will give more updates when things get started.

(Referee's PLEASE check the skype room for more information!)
Hula
Can I give a chip to someone? We want to 2v2 together, hopefully it's not too late; if it's allowed, can Ayu have 1 chip from my stock?
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose
Matches begin in 45 minutes!

Chip given.
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose
Matches are open!

Please contact me if you are LOOKING for a match and I will try to set one up for you.

Matches are taking 15 minutes each on average, these are 1 round matches. Please be patient!
uzzi
Good luck errbody ;D
Novalogic
Sorry for stupid question, but what are the variables to calculate one's ISR? I tried to associate it with rank but it does not match.
Hula
Me (#4900s) and Ayu (#2600s) are looking for some 2v2 matches on Friday 1pm-4pm GMT (6am-9am PDT) between #2k->#10k
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose

Novarythmic wrote:

Sorry for stupid question, but what are the variables to calculate one's ISR? I tried to associate it with rank but it does not match.
ISR doesn't reflect rank now that matches have begun. Here is the formula for determining the BASE ISR by rank:

((30 - SQRT(SQRT(Rank))) * 100)

The match ISR formula will not be released.

Due to a family emergency I will not be available for matches for a while, and I am the only person that can update ISR, so it will be updated late.
Next tournament I will automate most of this process so any referee can do it and matches wont take 3+ minutes to record.
Salvage
Anyone wanna play .. like anyone at all, we can discuss times, thx.
Amanda
nvm didnt see it was closed >.<
KRZY
Looking for 1v1 matches, idk if this is the correct way to do it but yeah
show more