forum

Space Dandy.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DerekMcD
I watched it on Toonami and I feel in love with this show.
Apex_old
Please give us like a brief plot summary, list out why you think this show was post-worthy by saying great plot or character details and using spoilers at appropriate points.
JonnyThatJonny
This 1st episode teared me apart. Loved the animation and char design, liked the concept, hated most of the humor. Well, hate is a strong word, but Dandy isn't nearly as funny as he thinks he is, and you were probably cracking jokes like that when you were 13.
Mogsy
The first half of the first episode was definitely hit-or-miss, humor-wise. After the halfway point, though, it really does start to work, so I have faith in this show.

People who've worked on the show also admit that the first episode is the weakest by far, so hey.
Kyonko Hizara
I thought it was only in Japanese since it's suppose to be new...but it's in English too?
Mogsy

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

I thought it was only in Japanese since it's suppose to be new...but it's in English too?
Adult Swim sunk enough funding into that for both an extension to 26 episodes and for FUNimation to dub it as it's released. It premiered in English, as well, and I believe each episode will debut in English prior to Japanese every week.
Kyonko Hizara

Mogsworth wrote:

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Adult Swim sunk enough funding into that for both an extension to 26 episodes and for FUNimation to dub it as it's released. It premiered in English, as well, and I believe each episode will debut in English prior to Japanese every week.
I'm really surprised by this since I can't really recall seeing this happen before. I'm still prolly gonna keep watching it in Japanese. Most English dubs anymore just rub me the wrong way.
FireFoxZX
never watched.
Mogsy

FireFoxZX wrote:

never watched.
Then don't post.