Before the start play on the tablet, the mouse sensitivity was 4.0x :D
Kyonko Hizara
4.0x
excellions

HaNa wrote:

Is 6/11 or 7/11 Windows standard?
6/11
SoulessDespair
2.8 ! I was using like 2.1 for awhile, but it seems the better i get at this game the more it requires me to make ridiculously fast jumps from different sides of the screen so i have to keep raising my sensitivity o.o
Pizzicato
Puhax
1.0x in 1600x900, it works nicely for me.
dH_
400dpi
2.2x
Windows 6/11
CPL mouse fix
1024x768 windowed
minato191
I must be doing something terribly wrong ...... I use 3.8.... is sensitivity dependant on mouse or mousepad?
farize
Well, It depends on your environment too... I have narrow space for my mouse to move, so I use 2.0x because if I go lower, my mouse will hit the wall/keyboard.
GoldenWolf
Sell the keyboard
Go mouse only
Problem solved!
Noobsicle
Or get one of these http://www.amazon.com/ADESSO-AKP-220B-A ... B0038KN3YY :d

1150 dpi
6/11 sens
1.0x in osu
Black Wolf159
6/11 sens
1.0x in osu

But also depend of the mouse because not all having the same speed.

GoldenWolf wrote:

Sell the keyboard
Go mouse only
Problem solved!
:? With the mouse does not get used fast
laref
1000dpi
1.0 in osu
6/11 in windows
Spyrunite
3500dpi
Osu 1.0
Windows 6/11
#gottagofayst
kaito0808
Osu! : 1.0
Windows : 6/11
(Sometime 5/11 )
Rio-
1000 dpi
0.8x in osu! w/ 800p Resolution
Windows 6/11
ksg
1200dpi
6/11 as it should always be since otherwise pixel skipping will occur
1.0 because ^
Playing on 1080p fullscreen
All accel disabled
Mizuno Yui
dpi: I have no idea
Windows:7/11
Osu!: 1,0x
Fullscreen 1290x1080
iambs
DPI: 1600
Osu!: 2.1
Fullscreen
I know it's pretty high but I play in quite a small place.
kittieh
Windows: 6/11
Osu; 1,00
Dpi; 810
Stormee
windows probably 6/11 i havent touched it
osu 1,4
dpi 1000
1360x768 (borderless fullscreen, not fullscreen mode)
chox_old
450 / 500hz
1.0 / 6/11

1280x768 atm
kasdeya
400 dpi 500hz
2.2 osu sens
4.0 1.6,source,go sens [FPS Games]
20 crossfire sens [FPS Game]
6/11 on windows
I just started to play this game so i may have to keep adjusting my sens, but im feeling this 1 is pretty good.
But theres no such a thing like "best sensitivity" everyone plays with what they feel comfortable.

Soz if my english is bad.
AmaiHachimitsu
To anyone whose sensitivity in osu!/windows is not default:

You suck man.

But theres no such a thing like "best sensitivity" everyone plays with what they feel comfortable.
There is a best sensitivity for each player/setup. I don't feel my sens is very comfortable, but it's better for osu!
Frinator
1800 dpi.
1,0 in Osu!.
windows 6/11.
1920x1080.
Fullscreen (borderless).
kasdeya

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

To anyone whose sensitivity in osu!/windows is not default:

You suck man.

There is a best sensitivity for each player/setup. I don't feel my sens is very comfortable, but it's better for osu!
>may i noe wat is the best sensitivity for playing Osu

hes not saying what is the best sensitivity for HIM, so obv hes referring to the best sens in the whole thing/game/world. So yeah, everyone has a best sensitivity, every player has one, but theres not a best sensitivity for osu, it is the best sensitivity for the player.

>To anyone whose sensitivity in osu!/windows is not default:

You suck man.

No comments. :roll:
Full Tablet

_NEIKAN wrote:

It is better to change sensitivity by changing DPI, only if you can't do that changing it in Windows/osu! is the best choice.
AmaiHachimitsu
You still can manipulate the sensitivity by osu! resolution.

DPI and resolution don't interfere with proper tracking (in case of DPI, it shouldn't interfere if you have good sensor)

This is exactly why both windows and osu! settings should be default because they make the pointer less precise. Since the nature of this process is different for windows and osu! sensitivity, changing Windows sensitivity isn't as harmful. But still....

This is exactly why I don't see a player with 2.2x in osu! as a potential pro. Though most of those future pros will finally notice it themselves.

Also pls, by "sensitivity" I meant the speed of the pointer in general, not numbers. I think I've been misunderstood in this matter.

And again, there is one in a thousand chance that the sensitivity you're using is optimal for osu!

I'm using 400dpi on 1024x768 and playing osu! involves sometimes huge effort, I wouldn't call this "comfortable". But still I perform far better on this setting. And this "setting with which you perform the best" is the meaning of "the sensitivity that is good for each player". good = good for playing, not comfy.
kasdeya

Full Tablet wrote:

_NEIKAN wrote:

It is better to change sensitivity by changing DPI, only if you can't do that changing it in Windows/osu! is the best choice.
Professional players on every fps game only use 400-800 [less than 400 at high resolutions makes the mouse skip pixels] u dont really need more than 800 dpi.And i think i heard that ppl using more than 800 dpi also skip pixels on a mouse guide but im not sure. so no, i dont think so, atleast that dsnt work for me or any other professioal fps player.

But anyways, any one plays with what they feel comfortable and play the best they can.
Also changing windows default sensitivity [6/11]

SPOILER
Originally Posted by Antigen07
"When I see people list their mouse settings, many players are putting themselves at a big disadvantage. Windows has a slider for setting pointer speed, but that doesn't mean gamers should use it. The reason is that changing a setting here can in no way make up for the dpi (resolution in counts per inch) a mouse has or doesn't have. Increasing the pointer speed even one notch, will make your cursor skip pixels. Losing pixel accuracy is not worth it when sensitivity is adjustable in-game. Lowering the setting here, throws away dpi from the mouse forcing you to use a use a higher, less precise sensitivity in-game.

At the highest setting, the cursor goes two pixels for each count. If you open up MS Paint, use the pencil tool, swing the mouse around to make circle patterns and notice how terribly notchy the edges are. This is not normal aliasing if you have the wrong settings in mouse properties it will make easily visible notches, not jaggies, it will look like teeth from a saw blade or something else bad. This is not the same as the normal stair steps on the edges of non antialiased graphics." https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SC2DvAjdJoSuUCdrrWgWlGcRVV_uitYx30woOgs-V_Q/edit?usp=sharing

so.. yeah u should not touch windows sensitivity.

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

DPI and resolution don't interfere with proper tracking (in case of DPI, it shouldn't interfere if you have good sensor)

This is exactly why both windows and osu! settings should be default because they make the pointer less precise. Since the nature of this process is different for windows and osu! sensitivity, changing Windows sensitivity isn't as harmful. But still....

This is exactly why I don't see a player with 2.2x in osu! as a potential pro. Though most of those future pros will finally notice it themselves.

Also pls, by "sensitivity" I meant the speed of the pointer in general, not numbers. I think I've been misunderstood in this matter.

And again, there is one in a thousand chance that the sensitivity you're using is optimal for osu!

I'm using 400dpi on 1024x768 and playing osu! involves sometimes huge effort, I wouldn't call this "comfortable". But still I perform far better on this setting. And this "setting with which you perform the best" is the meaning of "the sensitivity that is good for each player". good = good for playing, not comfy.

>DPI and resolution don't interfere with proper tracking (in case of DPI, it shouldn't interfere if you have good sensor)

Having less than 400 would make ur mouse skip pixels at high resolutions no matter what sensor it has. So yeah dpi and resolution interfere.

>This is exactly why both windows and osu! settings should be default because they make the pointer less precise. Since the nature of this process is different for windows and osu! sensitivity, changing Windows sensitivity isn't as harmful. But still....

I totally agree windows should be default, but not osu. I dont know about osu sensitivity nature process since i just started to play, but i would change every game sensitivity to what i feel comfortable with. Also changing Windows sensitivity would make ur mouse skip pixels [read the article above on the spoilerbox] so yeah it would be harmful.

>This is exactly why I don't see a player with 2.2x in osu! as a potential pro. Though most of those future pros will finally notice it themselves.

No comments.

>Also pls, by "sensitivity" I meant the speed of the pointer in general, not numbers. I think I've been misunderstood in this matter.

I still dont got it, would u explain urself a little bit deeper?.

>And again, there is one in a thousand chance that the sensitivity you're using is optimal for osu!

It is for me, for my hands, for my brain, for my muscle memory.

>I'm using 400dpi on 1024x768 and playing osu! involves sometimes huge effort, I wouldn't call this "comfortable". But still I perform far better on this setting. And this "setting with which you perform the best" is the meaning of "the sensitivity that is good for each player". good = good for playing, not comfy.

Maybe its not the right term, but everyone explained it like that on esea forums, or any mouse optimization guide i readed.
FrzR
1.0x on osu!

6/10 on Windows.
AmaiHachimitsu
>DPI and resolution don't interfere with proper tracking (in case of DPI, it shouldn't interfere if you have good sensor)

Having less than 400 would make ur mouse skip pixels at high resolutions no matter what sensor it has. So yeah dpi and resolution interfere.

>This is exactly why both windows and osu! settings should be default because they make the pointer less precise. Since the nature of this process is different for windows and osu! sensitivity, changing Windows sensitivity isn't as harmful. But still....

I totally agree windows should be default, but not osu. I dont know about osu sensitivity nature process since i just started to play, but i would change every game sensitivity to what i feel comfortable with. Also changing Windows sensitivity would make ur mouse skip pixels [read the article above on the spoilerbox] so yeah it would be harmful.
Skipping pixels is a defect but still it's not as harmful as acceleration when you change osu! sensitivity. You should have already noticed it if you feel your mouse well. Isn't it the same in other games? I don't remember a situation when changing in-game's sensitivity didn't cause acceleration.

I was wrong.

>And again, there is one in a thousand chance that the sensitivity you're using is optimal for osu!

If you're sure of it and if it's also the most comfortable setting, you're one in a thousand.

Still it will remain a theory unless you try out many settings. Try mine (do some calculations based on your resolution and set dpi according to it) and play like that for a week, or just a few days. Tell me your experience.

Maybe its not the right term, but everyone explained it like that on esea forums, or any mouse optimization guide i readed.
Dunno what is esea, I made this explanation up in a second. Might sound weird.
kasdeya

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Skipping pixels is a defect but still it's not as harmful as acceleration when you change osu! sensitivity. You should have already noticed it if you feel your mouse well. Isn't it the same in other games? I don't remember a situation when changing in-game's sensitivity didn't cause acceleration.

I was wrong.

If you're sure of it and if it's also the most comfortable setting, you're one in a thousand.

Still it will remain a theory unless you try out many settings. Try mine (do some calculations based on your resolution and set dpi according to it) and play like that for a week, or just a few days. Tell me your experience.

Dunno what is esea, I made this explanation up in a second. Might sound weird.

>Skipping pixels is a defect but still it's not as harmful as acceleration when you change osu! sensitivity. You should have already noticed it if you feel your mouse well. Isn't it the same in other games? I don't remember a situation when changing in-game's sensitivity didn't cause acceleration.

I do not notice the mouse acceleration on osu, maybe cuz i use "Markc mouse accel fix" wich fixes windows mouse acceleration. I do know what acceleration is, but no i dont feel acceleration at osu. Skipping pixels its harmful on every fps games, and it should be on osu, as it changes how ur mouse moves its hard to make muscle memory, oh i almost forgot, no.. changing in game sensitivity wont make have mouse accel atleast not on counter strike, quake, crossfire, wolf team, combat arms, sudden attack, even LoL.

For everyone that wants "Markc Mouse accel fix" notice this is the version for windows 7,8,8.1.

>If you're sure of it and if it's also the most comfortable setting, you're one in a thousand.

Im Just another one in a alot of counter strike, quake, crossfire players.

>Still it will remain a theory unless you try out many settings. Try mine (do some calculations based on your resolution and set dpi according to it) and play like that for a week, or just a few days. Tell me your experience.

Thanks but no sorry, i cant... i made some calculations so my osu sensitivity would feel almost the same as my counter strike sensitivity, if ur settings works on u and probably on alot of people more thats ok, i used to play counter strike like 6 years ago and i got the game again luckly i had my settings on a notepad [since i was trying alot of settings i had every setting on a list]i used those settings for a long time on competitive fps gaming and i feel like they are pretty close to my osu settings right now, almost got the same feeling, i just started to play osu! so i cant tell if they are exactly the same but they are close.

Also i got a simple formula from a mouse guide its like this [(Vertical # of pixels at in-game resolution) x 2.667] / (inches needed to make a 180 turn) = (Necessary DPI), So yeah i calculated how i wanted to move my mouse so i pretty much know on my brain how much i have to move my mouse.

>Dunno what is esea, I made this explanation up in a second. Might sound weird.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESEA_League.
_Crow_old
Whats the standart sensibility?
B1rd

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

this is why I changed to tablet, both effective and comfortable. could never get used to low dpi.
Noobsicle

_Crow wrote:

Whats the standart sensibility?
windows sensitivity 6/11
osu! sensitivity 1.0x
dpi is completely up to the person
Kaeru
What's wrong with changing the osu! sensitivity? I'm not sure how this would cause acceleration in any way. I personally use 1.3x sensitivity and 1600 DPI. Would it be better to just change my DPI to 2080?
Noobsicle
well he asked for standard, 1.0x is a pretty ordinary sensitivity value

if your sensitivity's working for you, i don't see why you'd need to change it
VXB

deathlight wrote:

may i noe wat is the best sensitivity for playing Osu
600-1000 dpi
Phashy
well I am playing with 4.9x. some people said I'm crazy :C
-sev
You are crazy.
show more