forum

[resolved] Glitch: Replay timings

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ohrami
As many of you may know, I like to watch a lot of replays. While I was watching White Wolf's replay of Pony Swag, I found that his hit timing was clearly inhuman. White Wolf's replay on Shinto Shrine also has a similar inhuman effect to it. I also noticed this with Cookiezi's old SS replay on Can't Defeat Airman, and with rrtyui's current one. When I brought up those replays to the management, I was informed that it was a glitch that only occurs on maps that are a multiple of 100 BPM (such as 200, which is the BPM of Can't Defeat Airman). However, neither Pony Swag nor Shinto Shrine are a BPM which is a multiple of 100, and the "glitch" still occurs. So my question is: is this a glitch, or was White Wolf really hacking on these maps?

Here are some screenshots to show what I mean:

White Wolf's inhuman-looking timing bar:

My human-looking timing bar:

Note that White Wolf got no greens on those replays at all, even on sliders. While that's clearly doable, it doesn't change the fact that the spacing of the hits is clearly inhuman.
uzzi
Similar case in WWW's replay of Taketori Hishou.
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1219120
Icyteru
Hmm, I have seen a hack that produces inhuman looking timing bars, but it looks nothing like the image you linked, since it's not "perfect" enough. It does have some odd spacing, but afaik, if you're accurate enough, it's possible to be consistently early/late.
Topic Starter
Ohrami

[AirCoN] wrote:

Hmm, I have seen a hack that produces inhuman looking timing bars, but it looks nothing like the image you linked, since it's not "perfect" enough. It does have some odd spacing, but afaik, if you're accurate enough, it's possible to be consistently early/late.
No human would get results like in those replays, Pony Swag especially. Note that there are some spaces that are never filled in.
kozuka
Kinda hard to tell from the screenshots but if you watch the replays it's definitely inhuman. I saw rrtyui's replay before you posted this and was also confused... assumed it was just a replay glitch (had no idea about this multiple of 100bpm thing).

As for whether it's a glitch or hack on www's part I have no idea but it's definitely not how www would have timed his presses.
Icyteru

Kyou-kun wrote:

[AirCoN] wrote:

No human would get results like in those replays, Pony Swag especially. Note that there are some spaces that are never filled in.

AFAIK, that's because the blue lines are only for the last combo or so, and fade pretty quickly, so it's a limited sample.

On the other hand, if the spaces are never filled in the for the entire map, than it's probably a bug/hack.

EDIT: After looking at your SS in full resolution, it does indeed look like a replay/visual bug. It could also be due to how input/replay compression works as well
JappyBabes
rrtyui is hacker omg !!
01:04 woc2006: lol, because that graph has a bug
01:05 woc2006: only triggered by bpm 200/150/100
01:05 woc2006: and airman is bpm 200
if other BPMs then idk man
winber1
XGeneral2000
I'm tempted to say it's a bug, if only for the fact that assuming WW's other human-looking scores are legit, it hardly seems worth hacking scores on maps like those, which should be well within his abilities.

Perhaps it's as AirCoN suggested, which is that the bug is related to replay compression (rounding on hit timing). Although, assuming that the Pony Swag and Shinto Shrine replays are part of the same bug as the Airman replays, it doesn't seem to be restricted to only maps with BPM multiples of 50 (since Pony Swag is 120/180 and Shinto Shrine is 160/240).
Icyteru

JappyBabes wrote:

rrtyui is hacker omg !!
01:04 woc2006: lol, because that graph has a bug
01:05 woc2006: only triggered by bpm 200/150/100
01:05 woc2006: and airman is bpm 200
if other BPMs then idk man
How do you get/what's the overlay?
pielak213
­
Icyteru
Btw, other replays on airman don't have the same bug, including shizuru's.
jesse1412
It's a bug we raved about this when the old Chinese graph maker was flying around.
pielak213
­
skibblesx
you guys are so cool I wish I could be half as smart as you
Zeraph

skibblesx wrote:

you guys are so cool I wish I could be half as smart as you
are you a fan? i am a fan.
Soulg
first one yes, no idea what im looking for in the second so looks normal to me (because i dont know what normal would be)

but why would he hack this score if he's been legit all this time? what would be so special about that map for him to hack it, last i checked it's not incredibly difficult.

or he's been cheating forever and we are just now finding out (except problably not)

edit: just saw that this replay is from june 2012, what
Kert
Doesn't it happen because of the difference between keyboard connection? usb / ps/2 ?
I have similar "inhuman" timing bars when I play on my old usb slim kb
But this doesn't happen on my ps/2 numpad
JappyBabes

Kert wrote:

Doesn't it happen because of the difference between keyboard connection? usb / ps/2 ?
I have similar "inhuman" timing bars when I play on my old usb slim kb
But this doesn't happen on my ps/2 numpad
01:07 woc2006: the graph is based on internal timing and affected by hardware
01:08 woc2006: like soundcard
could be
Ippikiryu
ITT we collectively decide that everyone is hacking
skibblesx

Zeraph wrote:

skibblesx wrote:

you guys are so lame oh my god
you are a massive faggot.
I've come to that conclusion like 4 years ago when I started dating guys :^)))

but lmao you guys need to not nit pick everyones scores holy crap

Ippikiryu wrote:

Ippikiryu wrote:

Ippikiryu wrote:

Ippikiryu wrote:

Ippikiryu wrote:

Ippikiryu wrote:

Ippikiryu wrote:

Ippikiryu wrote:

Ippikiryu wrote:

Ippikiryu wrote:

Almost

skibblesx wrote:

And you need to not tell people what to do holy crap.
skibblesx

Almost wrote:

skibblesx wrote:

And you need to not tell people what to do holy crap.
Nah :^)

Either way you're tearing apart peoples scores on an internet game about clicking circles with ranks that change nothing in life

It's like when people get upset over reddit upvotes
Soulg
and you're getting upset with what other people are choosing to do with their free time.

It's like when people get upset over reddit karma* FIXT
skibblesx

Soulg wrote:

and you're getting upset with what other people are choosing to do with their free time.

No but it's fun taking screen shots and showing how ridiculous you guys are to people :^)

Also Karma is the ratio balance between upvotes and downvotes between content contributions and comments.
So it plays either way :)
**tryhardsattheirfinest**

But it appears I am derailing this topic enough for you guys to not chew on other peoples scores

Mission accomplished
Mamoru Senpai

skibblesx wrote:

Soulg wrote:

No but it's fun taking screen shots and showing how ridiculous you guys are to people :^)

Also Karma is the ratio balance between upvotes and downvotes between content contributions and comments.
So it plays either way :)
**tryhardsattheirfinest**

But it appears I am derailing this topic enough for you guys to not chew on other peoples scores

Mission accomplished
First world problems.
Soulg
not sure if trolling or actual superiority complex

doesnt matter free post for postcount
Ralrak

pielak213 wrote:

^it's a special client (not sure if allowed to give out)
How do you obtain said "special client"?
I'm interested in stats ^.^
Wishy
Contacts I guess.

Anyways I find this quite interesting, iirc there was some shitstorm about many top players having cheated on some very specific scores, would be nice to see some real answer to this, for the sake of curiosity.
AmaiHachimitsu
pls stop talking about cheetahs it's prohibited Lady Gaga Mango
Omgforz
I thought that "inhuman" timing bar is normal. I get that on every DT score I do.
But maybe that's just because I suck at accuracy. huehuehue
silmarilen
doubt about wubwoofwolf

gladi/jesse we need you
Weed
glitch
D33d
It's been a known glitch for years.
show more