forum

osu!tablet feedback

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mizusa
Well, being one of the few lucky ones who were able to nab one from the Malaysian anime event, Comic fiesta, I would like to say that the tablet is well made.
As a person who owns a low end computer, having it to work smoothly was a complete surprise.
And suprisingly, the tablet can work without drivers, but you can't set the portions unless you do so.
And the full portion would be pretty much enough for most players.
Heinzen
What about tapping accidentaly in case you hover, dragging or playing tobe?

Does it work properly without the pen nib, can you remove it?
Please

Heinzen wrote:

What about tapping accidentaly in case you hover, dragging or playing tobe?

Does it work properly without the pen nib, can you remove it?
you could probably press F10 (I think) to disable it. I tried one today, it's great, except the fact that the surface is slippery for players who drags but it wouldn't be a problem, I guess
Te Amo
Can we see you play with it :) ?
Please

_RiGz_ wrote:

Can we see you play with it :) ?
no, I don't have a video of me playing with it. here's a photo of peppy testing it out instead;

Kanye West
Wow peppy is so skinny
Lust

Kanye West wrote:

Wow peppy is so skinny
and left handed :o
chong601
Those people who got the osu!tablet on the first day are lucky...
ZGEG
When does it will be available to purchase ? I'm impatient :)
neonat
He said he first has to find a way to be able to efficiently do so, such as getting more than 1000 sets each production and moving effectively.
Topic Starter
Mizusa
Ah, if you like to drag you could use the f10 funtion and the tablet works fine without the nib in case you are a dragger.
It comes with four nib spare nibs and a nib remover.
You could also set the pressure sensitivity to your preference if you like.

Here is a video of me using it, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M413DPNHzE
But note the below:
-The tablet active portion is 6.5x10.5 cm but I only use a quarter.
-Sorry for the low res
-This is only the second day I begun to use a tablet(used to be keyboard), so bear with my acc.
-This is a offline test.
ZGEG

neonat wrote:

He said he first has to find a way to be able to efficiently do so, such as getting more than 1000 sets each production and moving effectively.
Okay thanks 8-)
chica_hentai
:o

xXlightbladeXx wrote:

Well, being one of the few lucky ones who were able to nab one from the Malaysian anime event, Comic fiesta, I would like to say that the tablet is well made.
As a person who owns a low end computer, having it to work smoothly was a complete surprise.
And suprisingly, the tablet can work without drivers, but you can't set the portions unless you do so.
And the full portion would be pretty much enough for most players.
FrzR

Kanye West wrote:

Wow peppy is so skinny
This cracked me up. xD
ChuTwo_old

xXlightbladeXx wrote:

Ah, if you like to drag you could use the f10 funtion and the tablet works fine without the nib in case you are a dragger.
It comes with four nib spare nibs and a nib remover.
You could also set the pressure sensitivity to your preference if you like.

Here is a video of me using it, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M413DPNHzE
But note the below:
-The tablet active portion is 6.5x10.5 cm but I only use a quarter.
-Sorry for the low res
-This is only the second day I begun to use a tablet(used to be keyboard), so bear with my acc.
-This is a offline test.
what is that satisfying keyboard sound?
neonat

Got my friend to try it out, didn't install the driver. Pretty good tablet, pen just feels as heavy as the battery inside it lols.
Topic Starter
Mizusa

ChuTwo wrote:

Umm...The sound files in my Osu! skin?
ChuTwo_old

xXlightbladeXx wrote:

ChuTwo wrote:

Umm...The sound files in my Osu! skin?
give pls
Espionage724

ChuTwo wrote:

give pls
I could be wrong, but I think the skin is -Kamui- http://puu.sh/2lmOt

Also, perhaps someone might own a Huion H420? If I understand right, the osu!tablet is basically that same tablet, only with an osu! skin.
Topic Starter
Mizusa

Espionage724 wrote:

ChuTwo wrote:

give pls
I could be wrong, but I think the skin is -Kamui- http://puu.sh/2lmOt

Also, perhaps someone might own a Huion H420? If I understand right, the osu!tablet is basically that same tablet, only with an osu! skin.
Yep, this is a Huion H420/420 as stated in the manual, with just a reskin.

And the skin I'm using is probably just a randomly mixed up -Kamui- skin.
peppy
Oinari-sama
Great review!

Brings up another question though: if the end of the pen is the power switch, does it still function as eraser?
mockingod

Dustral.com Osu Tablet Review wrote:

However, I noticed that my hands rest a bit awkwardly on the surface of the tablet and on my desk since there isn’t much padding around the tablet’s outer edge and active area. It doesn’t really bother me, but it may for some people.
This is one thing I know for sure will bother me. It won't be hard to put a book about the same size to fix this, but will the drivers allow the area to be flipped upsidedown, so that we will be able to have our hand rest on the tablet itself rather than off the side? I have it on pre-order and would like to know if it can or not. It won't deter me from buying it, but I just want to know.
peppy

mockingod wrote:

This is one thing I know for sure will bother me. It won't be hard to put a book about the same size to fix this, but will the drivers allow the area to be flipped upsidedown, so that we will be able to have our hand rest on the tablet itself rather than off the side? I have it on pre-order and would like to know if it can or not. It won't deter me from buying it, but I just want to know.
When I implement support in osu! (driverless) next month it will support flipping. The design will look a bit silly, but hey.

Oinari-sama wrote:

Brings up another question though: if the end of the pen is the power switch, does it still function as eraser?
no.
Oinari-sama

peppy wrote:

Oinari-sama wrote:

no.
Ah k thanks for clarifying.
Ryukaii
My girlfriend (Akina1) is going to get me a Osu! Tablet for my birthday. looking forward to using a tablet for the first time, my mouse SUCKS with Osu!.
defused bomb
have preorders begun shipping yet?
damitacookie

Oinari-sama wrote:

Great review!

Nope it isn't a eraser so :P I have the Huion H420 and the back of the pen doesn't erase anything.
Espionage724
Does the H420 or osu!tablet allow for forced proportions and restricting of tablet area?
Espionage724
Got my Huion 420 Pen Tablet earlier. Here's some feedback I have of it:

- Pen movement feels really responsive, which is great

- I was able to get used to the area in a few minutes (I'm used to full-area)

- Support under Linux seems to be hit or miss. It works fine under Xubuntu 13.10 (fine being the entire tablet is mapped to the entire screen), but was terrible under Kubuntu 13.10 (entire tablet was mapped to maybe 1/5th of the top-corner of the screen; the tablet-config GUI didn't support the tablet either). Could be desktop environment-related I guess? There is also 3 HUION input devices detected, but only one of them seem to accept pointer control settings (sensitivity, acceleration; even though neither apply to absolute movement)

- I'm not entirely certain, but it seems the driver by-default disables Windows Ink functionality on Windows 8.1 (taps don't pause; no ripple effects). There's a setting in the tablet control panel for Tablet PC support, but it's grayed out. Didn't try the tablet without drivers.

- The tablet control panel's pressure meter only went up to 2047; while testing this however, I managed to leave scratch marks on the tablet itself (really noticeable on black; may be less of a problem with osu!tablet)

- The tablet's full area is maybe a few mm off from matching a 1600x900 screen's proportion (according to the tablet's control panel)

- The tablet comes apart easily (4 screws under the rubber feet). Inside of the tablet is really simple (a PCB, piece of thin clear plastic, and a piece of metal). The spots for the buttons exist on the PCB, even though the tablet itself doesn't have the buttons (not sure if the buttons send events or not).

- The indication LED is green (seems to flash every 3 seconds the pen is in-range of the tablet; blinks when tablet surface is tapped and pen button presses)

- The surface attracts and shows fingerprints and skin oil (do note this is a primarily black tablet though; osu!tablet will probably have very little issue with this)

- It handles flawlessly on a metal table (my old VisTablet PenPad had erratic behavior on a metal surface)
tokaku
I wish peppy would sell this in Singapore's AFA 2014
Koori
Got my tablet today :D

tokaku
D: You ordered online right? And two?? How much did it cost?
Oinari-sama
Mine arrived today too! It's great apart from the lack of settings in Win7. Doesn't bother me that much though.

Gotta be impressed with the delivery efficiency :)
Espionage724

Oinari-sama wrote:

Mine arrived today too! It's great apart from the lack of settings in Win7.
Lack of settings like what? Also, did you install Huion's H420 driver?
Oinari-sama

Espionage724 wrote:

Oinari-sama wrote:

Mine arrived today too! It's great apart from the lack of settings in Win7.
Lack of settings like what? Also, did you install Huion's H420 driver?
I did install the driver from the CD, before plugging in the tablet for the first time as instructed. After the reboot and plug in for the first time, win7 decides to use its own driver anyway and there're no Huion items in the Control Panel.

I had Bamboo CTE-650 before and I did not remove this driver before installing the Huion one. Despite not being able to set the osu tablet, it somehow activates max force-proportioned area so I can live with that.
show more