forum

Osu! Scandinavian Tournament 2014! Winners: Xytox & Gnuu

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nyari
im pretty sure, as the "main streamer" you're supposed to answer all or most the questions that people ask about positions in the "lower ranks" of streamers.

anyhow im drawing myself out of the streaming thing since my internet goes potato mode every 5 minutes
Kotayo
so i'm home now

regarding the stream i know more or less EVERY SINGLE PROBLEM that might occur doing this, it doesn't matter if it's with osu or twitch or with the streamers themselves so please don't post ANYTHING about potentiall problems since we're already well aware of them

regarding whatever settings the streamers will use: i will be using these

or something alike those

the streamers should use similar settings except for Max bitrate (Maximal bithastighet) which i'd say you should have on 500kb/s or something
and then the resolution which only needs to be 500x500 or whatever boats stream page i'll be using to restream puts them in

these settings can all be discussed more later when we have enough streamers, with those streamers that volunteer for this

NONE OF THESE SETTINGS ARE FINALIZED
but now you atleast have a more clear look at what about you would need to be able to stream

and if iaceo decides to come back and help with streaming i will be very grateful for his help

EDIT

if there are further questions then please pm me ingame instead of making this topic into a rage war of misunderstandings
Mara
You guys sure that you won't get the client? Seems like japanese got it for OETW.
Xytox

Mara wrote:

You guys sure that you won't get the client? Seems like japanese got it for OETW.
I noticed that. But maybe it's just because it's so popular or something. I mean, steady 800 viewers is probably a few more than we'll be able to get. Although, the advertising on osu's main menu probably brings at least 70% of those views.
Topic Starter
Liiraye
Quick update about the spectator client

I have contacted Loctav about this, apparently the client is more flexible now and ready for use (which was not the case when we asked earlier). Having that said, I was encouraged to contact Peppy myself as the organizers of the OETW did. Right now I'm waiting for a mail back from Peppy, hopefully it will work out.
Xytox
Almost forgot that this existed. I will still participate with Gnuu (unless he disagrees of course). How can I not? It's OST för helvete. I'm definitely not looking to ruin things.

I'll get on online and talk a bit with Gnuu after you've posted the mappool.
kleps

Xytox wrote:

How can I not? It's OST för helvete.
wb
Saten

Xytox wrote:

för helvete
there's no ost without syltost
Mara

Liiraye wrote:

Quick update about the spectator client

I have contacted Loctav about this, apparently the client is more flexible now and ready for use (which was not the case when we asked earlier). Having that said, I was encouraged to contact Peppy myself as the organizers of the OETW did. Right now I'm waiting for a mail back from Peppy, hopefully it will work out.
No reply yet?
Topic Starter
Liiraye
Sadly no. It's really frustrating that I can't do much about it. I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: After having spoken a bit with Loctav it looks like we have the odds on our side. Peppy is very busy atm so Loctav will contact some devs to get further info as to how they will hand over the client etc. Feel free to PM me if you have some questions.
Topic Starter
Liiraye
Still no answer. However, I'd like to know if there's someone confident enough in their english and social skills to be a commentator alongside with me during this tournament. Either post here or send me a PM!
Kotayo
i'll commentate as well as stream xD
kriers
I can help out if needed.
Xytox
Maybe you could ask Mill as well if you need people to switch with. He has a sexy voice.
maal
when i dont play i dont mind either
Zerzxes
I could probably join when not playing
Topic Starter
Liiraye
Great to see so many people volunteering. For a moment I feared no one would ;v;
Alleria
Kriers is the best commentator, instant 2k viewers
Topic Starter
Liiraye
Loctav is supposed to talk to peppy today about this, let's wait and see.

Edit: Map pool Updated!
Mosti07
really hard maps for me xD but i do my best xD
maal
poptifine's account is not found btw
Leetrapoi

maal wrote:

poptifine's account is not found btw

He has changed his name to Exclusive.
PlasticSmoothie
I will be doing some exams in this period (Stay at home assignments), but I have a 100mbps upload and can run a stream as long as this won't require my full attention as I'll be kinda busy. Will be available pretty much whenever though. (If it's a matter of 1-3 hours a day only, I can afford devoting all of my attention to it and will be treating it as a study break, otherwise I'd just make sure it's running and then tend to issues if/when they arrive). I can commentate, although I really think someone more qualified in terms of osu! skill should be doing that.

PM me if interested.
(For obvious reasons, I'd prefer to be a backup in case it's needed :p)
Mosti07
Sounds nice :D

oh and why u dont sleep? wait why do i not sleep :?:
Kotayo
everyone who has offered to stream should probably be free and available since it's going to be needed to go with the whole restream plan
we were unable to get the client unfortunately

we'll go through settings and such the day before the tournament starts and make sure everything works for everyone

we still need atleast 1 more streamer though
Topic Starter
Liiraye
Since Shilkey's computer is getting fixed Blander decided to drop out. I replace their team with Heibels team who are almost equally on par with Shilkey & Blandar, so there shouldn't be any seeding issue!
Slizzer
I don't know why i made this haha.
Topic Starter
Liiraye
That's beautiful!
xMez
I will most likely be able to stream, when will the streaming setup be?
Kotayo

xMez wrote:

I will most likely be able to stream, when will the streaming setup be?

Kotayo wrote:

we'll go through settings and such the day before the tournament starts and make sure everything works for everyone
Topic Starter
Liiraye
I think it would be wise to do it a bit earlier than that. Seeing as layouts and stuff like that could be done if it works well. Consider testing it asap, and please let me know when so that I can see it for myself!
Kotayo
guess we'll move setup to wednesday evening? 1st Jan for those wondering about date

if anyone can't be there please say so ASAP
holtergeist
can't wait for the easiest games of my life
PlasticSmoothie

Kotayo wrote:

guess we'll move setup to wednesday evening? 1st Jan for those wondering about date

if anyone can't be there please say so ASAP
A specific time would be good, as I will go home from my parents' where I've been spending the holidays on 1st Jan.
After 6pm should be good for me.
Kotayo
i'm fine with any time really
i'm fine with doing the setups on new years eve as well though i guess no one else is

let's say 7pm on the 1st for now though
maal
We wíll begin by signing up teams as shown in paragraph 3. The teams will consist of 2 players each (we discussed if we should play 1v1 or 2v2 and we all reached the consensus that making small teams with their own name and description adds to the feeling). You're free to sign up if you are from the following countries: Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Iceland, Faroe Islands and Åland Islands!
you might wanna fix this and add finland; else mara is illegally registered
Mara

maal wrote:

We wíll begin by signing up teams as shown in paragraph 3. The teams will consist of 2 players each (we discussed if we should play 1v1 or 2v2 and we all reached the consensus that making small teams with their own name and description adds to the feeling). You're free to sign up if you are from the following countries: Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Iceland, Faroe Islands and Åland Islands!
you might wanna fix this and add finland; else mara is illegally registered
Let's just imagine that I live in Åland Islands.
Kotayo
well then....

after hours of trying to fix the streaming we decided to give up
there's no way it's going to work even to an acceptable degree ;w;

so yea

since peppys client doesn't work atm either
there won't be a 4 player stream atleast
Topic Starter
Liiraye
Game on tomorrow, hope you guys are prepaired!
Xytox
Gnuu och jag har redan vunnit!
show more