forum

Naomile - LAST CHRISTMAS

posted
Total Posts
show more
Dangaard
Looked over it and it generally is fine. The hitsounds could need a bit overwork, so I summoned happy30 to have a look at them for you. I might get back to it later.
Topic Starter
Lust

Dangaard wrote:

Looked over it and it generally is fine. The hitsounds could need a bit overwork, so I summoned happy30 to have a look at them for you. I might get back to it later.
weeeee thank you dangaard
happy30
huh?! wha- oh.
Well let's mod this then.

Let's first look at the hitsounds. I will only give hitsound suggestions for Hard. When you've fixed the hitsounds you can use the Hitsound Copier to apply the changes to the Normal diff as well!

The problem with the hitsounds is that they are really soft! The kicks in the song are pretty loud but you have no loud hitsound to correspond with them. My suggestion would be to add a normal-hitnormal hitsound for every kick in the song. Listening to the song the first loud kick is at 00:12:828 - The endpoint of this slider. Try to make this endpoint have the normal-hitnormal sample.
second is 00:13:559 - and then 00:14:291 - , 00:14:779 - etc.

00:16:486 - from here onwards it's pretty easy. All white ticks have a kick in the song, I would place a normal-hitnormal on every white tick.

Do you hear the cymbal sound on the red ticks? They kind of sound similar to the soft-hitwhistle.
I'm sorry but I think the custom soft-hitwhistle you used is not really loud enough. I prefer the standard soft-hitwhistle. It feels a bit empty with the custom one because it blends too much in the song, causing me to only hear the soft-hitnormal. For the pattern there's a soft-hitwhistle pattern that's pretty easy but sounds good too! Just try to add a normal-hitwhistle on every red tick you've mapped to! (00:16:486 - from here onwards)

I think it will sound a lot better.

As for the map itself I also have a few suggestions

[Hard]
The first part before the kiai feels a bit overmapped. The note density is way too high! This intro of the song is pretty calm and should be treated as so in the map. I would remove any triplets like 00:01:608 (2,3,4) - and add more longer sliders instead of this kind of spammy 1/2 rhythm. Try to focus on the vocals or the piano here, but not everything at once already in the intro.
The rest of the map is pretty fine!

[Normal]
The rhythm in the intro is kinda tricky again. I would suggest to reword on this here following the vocals only, (since this is a normal you might want to follow the lead-rhythm here).
00:30:145 (1) - Make this slider start 1/2 later to match the kick and the vocals.

The rest of the map is pretty fine as well. :)
Topic Starter
Lust
happy30

happy30 wrote:

huh?! wha- oh.
Well let's mod this then.

Let's first look at the hitsounds. I will only give hitsound suggestions for Hard. When you've fixed the hitsounds you can use the Hitsound Copier to apply the changes to the Normal diff as well!

The problem with the hitsounds is that they are really soft! The kicks in the song are pretty loud but you have no loud hitsound to correspond with them. My suggestion would be to add a normal-hitnormal hitsound for every kick in the song. Listening to the song the first loud kick is at 00:12:828 - The endpoint of this slider. Try to make this endpoint have the normal-hitnormal sample.
second is 00:13:559 - and then 00:14:291 - , 00:14:779 - etc.

00:16:486 - from here onwards it's pretty easy. All white ticks have a kick in the song, I would place a normal-hitnormal on every white tick.

Do you hear the cymbal sound on the red ticks? They kind of sound similar to the soft-hitwhistle.
I'm sorry but I think the custom soft-hitwhistle you used is not really loud enough. I prefer the standard soft-hitwhistle. It feels a bit empty with the custom one because it blends too much in the song, causing me to only hear the soft-hitnormal. For the pattern there's a soft-hitwhistle pattern that's pretty easy but sounds good too! Just try to add a normal-hitwhistle on every red tick you've mapped to! (00:16:486 - from here onwards)

I think it will sound a lot better. all hitsounds are fixed \o/

As for the map itself I also have a few suggestions

[Hard]
The first part before the kiai feels a bit overmapped. The note density is way too high! This intro of the song is pretty calm and should be treated as so in the map. I would remove any triplets like 00:01:608 (2,3,4) - and add more longer sliders instead of this kind of spammy 1/2 rhythm. Try to focus on the vocals or the piano here, but not everything at once already in the intro. ah i think the way I have it plays better, since the map isnt that hard i think the triplets and other objects will make it more interesting
The rest of the map is pretty fine! owo

[Normal]
The rhythm in the intro is kinda tricky again. I would suggest to reword on this here following the vocals only, (since this is a normal you might want to follow the lead-rhythm here). same as above
00:30:145 (1) - Make this slider start 1/2 later to match the kick and the vocals. done

The rest of the map is pretty fine as well. :)

thank you!
happy30
You forgot to put the soft-sampleset on the red ticks. the whistles are really loud now! >.<
here check this: http://puu.sh/5WJ70.rar
I did the hitsounds for the first chorus for you, maybe it will help.
Topic Starter
Lust
:o hitsounds fixed
happy30
BUBBLED
Topic Starter
Lust
thank you so much >w>
Natsu
Yes you did it :3/ go rank
Aurele
wait..

what.
Dangaard
here's a present for you!
Tur00
Grats
HabiHolic
Gartz@@@
Francis
Side Pocket, Congratz <3 ^^
and Happy Christmas Eve
Japowpow
Congrats Lust! :)
Kyouren
Gratzz!! Lust!!^^
DenoisoGoiso
Wahhh! grats lust! <3
MouseEasy
yeah! finally ranked gz
Kodora
gratz!
Irreversible
gz lust
P o M u T a
LUST CHRISTMAS
Topic Starter
Lust

P o M u T a wrote:

LUST CHRISTMAS
LONG LIVE LUST CHRISTMAS

thank you everybody!
Aurele
thats sad how I modded Normal with Lust on irc and couldn't finish it.
Sonnyc
Umm Whistle hit sounds in Hard feels a bit random, and the slider seems to be way too curved.

Grats anyways :3
Natsu
gratz :3
Irreversible
Quick Unrank to remove unused files in the Folder. Scores won't be wiped.

Topic Starter
Lust
updated, thanks irre
Irreversible
Merry X-Mas ~ :)

Re-Ranked!
Vita-VVA

Irreversible wrote:

Merry X-Mas ~ :)

Re-Ranked!
I wonder if the map could be ranked
it's not 100acc which played by auto mod.
it had been tried by several players with some times:(
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2780721126
And here is the discussion link in Chinese